Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help finding .22 lr

+14
james r chapman
Magnusbullets
Colt711
DonT
1joel1
AllAces
sixftunda
Toz35m
Rob Kovach
rbs
C.Perkins
DavidR
jakuda
WVBE Shooter
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help finding .22 lr - Page 2 Empty Help finding .22 lr

Post by WVBE Shooter Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

I am having problems finding .22lr ammo, does anyone have a good source.

WVBE Shooter

Back to top Go down

Help finding .22 lr - Page 2 Empty Re: Help finding .22 lr

Post by jakuda Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

1joel1 wrote:I'm not sure where the problem is. I have some SK coming from Champschoice today and I got a flyer from Midway last night that had tons of Eley. If you're looking for something specific, let us know and we can check sources. I have noticed that the CCI is not around.

Cheers,

Joel

A quick check on midway shows all eley out of stock.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Well, that went quickly. Shocked

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

WVBE Shooter wrote:I am having problems finding .22lr ammo, does anyone have a good source.

I bought 10,000 CCI SV on GunBroker for $1,000 this weekend with over 30 buyers in each auction. It's not the $300/5000 it was a month ago everywhere, but looking at what 9mm, 45, and .223 are jumping to there appear to be fewer sellers and my gun loves these. It is what it is. People saying it's outrageous are right, but it's a supply/demand world. If you wait for $300 you might not shoot much this year.

Good luck

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm

WVBE Shooter wrote:I find the stockpiling of ammo obserd. If this continues, it will eventually slow gun sales. Once the first time buyers have gotten their guns. Gun manufacturers should be putting pressure on ammo makers to increase output. However they realize they are making higher profits while demand is so high. My hope is patience wins out and those of us who have been taken advantage of will see the tables turn.

I bought 5 years worth of components throughout the summer and fall of 2008 when I realized Obama could not lose. When it became evident he could not lose again I bought another 5 years worth of every caliber I own and my Dillon has all the dies. I don't see how any of that was absurd. I'm "lending" some friends components now as I don't want the money. If they can't replace it in a year we are all screwed BIG TIME! You'll see sling shots on backorder if there is a third term! Mad

BTW, Montana Gold is still selling bullets and they have "Contact us if your order is above 10,000 pounds" for those shooting other calibers.

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by WVBE Shooter Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm

I really appreciate your post. I emailed your contact to see if they had any ammo left. I also just bought 2 bricks of blazer the price was ridiculous.

Thanks again for the help!

WVBE Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Heard second hand, but a distributor called CCI, and CCI has sold out its 22 inventory and production for the rest of 2013...

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:20 pm

jakuda wrote:Heard second hand, but a distributor called CCI, and CCI has sold out its 22 inventory and production for the rest of 2013...

When you say "for the rest of 2013" do you think that means none will hit the shelves, or it is all committed to retail suppliers and it will eventually arrive but the price is unknown?

Thanks

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm

DonT wrote:
jakuda wrote:Heard second hand, but a distributor called CCI, and CCI has sold out its 22 inventory and production for the rest of 2013...

When you say "for the rest of 2013" do you think that means none will hit the shelves, or it is all committed to retail suppliers and it will eventually arrive but the price is unknown?

Thanks

I believe whatever production promised to retailers and distributors for 2013 will still hit the shelves/websites, but nothing more. Sounds like they hit their manufacturing capacity limit.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 pm

jakuda wrote:
DonT wrote:

Thanks

I believe whatever production promised to retailers and distributors for 2013 will still hit the shelves/websites, but nothing more. Sounds like they hit their manufacturing capacity limit.

Thanks....I'm not really adverse to spending $500/5000 when .45 ammo is $500/1000, reason being that while they each were at $300 two months ago there will be more demand for .22 ammo.

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 am

I called Champion Shooters Supply Sat and they advised Eley Sport is no longer being made.

They are not back ordering.

Every one in the gun and ammo business has to love this!!

Ron

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Ely sport is nothing but Aguila standard velocity in a different box, made in the same plant in mexico. Since Aguila buys its primed cases from eley it was a easy way for eley to have a low cost target round. You can back order the aguila standard now from the CMP for 250.00 a case + 25.00 shipping, delivery is listed at 4 months.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DonT Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 pm

WVBE Shooter wrote:Stocking up is one thing we are all planning ahead trying to build a reasonable reserve. Stock piling is another animal build 2 and 3 year supplies is observe. Also i take care of my grass before I go shooting some things are a responsibility some things are a hobby.

How is stockpiling "observe"?(absurd). I was out off work for 9 months. When I was making six figures I made sure I purchased what I needed so I would not feel a pinch and a reluctance to shoot (my one real hobby) if there were layoffs. So in late 2009 me and 50 other guys had our department axed. I didn't think of selling my ammo, I relaxed and I shot it and had plenty left. Then knowing this economy sucks in many areas, when I got back on my feet in 2010 I replenished what I shot and bought more. This is not a water tap where you expect/demand it to always serve what you want on your terms. And bitching at those who prepared is absurd. I can't for the life of me understand after 2008 why any shooter is scrounging for ammo unless their economic situation is quite tight. For them I feel badly. For those with 100K in a CD in a bank they should stop bitching at others because they declined to consider possibilities. And I do have at least a 3 year supply and when the crzyness subsides I will make it an 8 year supply while I'm working as my plans are to retire within 5-7 years.

There is very little CCI SV selling on GunBroker but when it does it seems to have dropped from $600 early in the week to $500. You won;t see it under $350 again by the friendlies of retailers. If that's what your gun shoots I suggest you purchase some before no CCI SV is available at anything less than $750+.

DonT

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 pm

DavidR wrote:Ely sport is nothing but Aguila standard velocity in a different box, made in the same plant in mexico. Since Aguila buys its primed cases from eley it was a easy way for eley to have a low cost target round. You can back order the aguila standard now from the CMP for 250.00 a case + 25.00 shipping, delivery is listed at 4 months.

Yes that is so, but why did Eley want such a round? Excess capacity. There isn't capacity available now. What will that capacity be used for? I'm afraid it won't be the low priced "stuff". The box and name don't mean very much, which is what you are saying. Price does and someone posted here that Aguila was going up at CMP.

Hopefully this runs it's course, $750 is a touch high for .22.

Ron

Last edited by Colt711 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CORRECT TYPO)

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm

The CMP price on the aguila went up as of 1-18-13 from 225.00 a case of 5000 to 250.00. Eley will still sell the cheap round but i doubt the price will be whats cheap about it.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 pm

From CMP:

The CMP is sold out of caliber .22 rimfire ammunition. The manufacturer, Aguila, has advised that the earliest we can expect resupply is late April, 2013, at slightly higher pricing.

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by WVBE Shooter Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi everyone,
I found an interesting website today that is monitoring ammo availability.
http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=22lr
I was able to buy some Winchester Target for $2.49 a box of 50.
Hope this is helpful to those looking for ammo.

WVBE Shooter

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 am

Grafs has Eley ammo in stock, but the expensive stuff...

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 am

Midway has eley back in stock

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnusbullets Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 pm

One of my dealers judt attended a dealer show at Parks distribution in North carolina.
Federal had a dealer meeting.
The dealers were told the federal 22 plant in Mississippi runs 2million rds of 22 per day.
If they stopped taking orders now. It would be 1.5 years to complete current orders.
I dlvd to midsouth shooters recently. 6, 000 lbs of lead bullets. All went to back orders.
While there 8 trucks dlvd 35 pallets of jacketed bullets. All brands. $875, 000 worth.
All sold to orders.Owner told me they need 3-4 times that to have inventory.
Hoarders are worse on the gun business than than the current politics.
Many small dealers will go out thru all this.
You cant pay bills with no inventory to sell.
Many of my dealers struggling.

Magnusbullets

http://www.magnusbullets.com

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 pm

But, you still find time to get your bullets to us "little" guys!!

thanks!!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Magnusbullets wrote:One of my dealers judt attended a dealer show at Parks distribution in North carolina.
Federal had a dealer meeting.
The dealers were told the federal 22 plant in Mississippi runs 2million rds of 22 per day.
If they stopped taking orders now. It would be 1.5 years to complete current orders.
I dlvd to midsouth shooters recently. 6, 000 lbs of lead bullets. All went to back orders.
While there 8 trucks dlvd 35 pallets of jacketed bullets. All brands. $875, 000 worth.
All sold to orders.Owner told me they need 3-4 times that to have inventory.
Hoarders are worse on the gun business than than the current politics.
Many small dealers will go out thru all this.
You cant pay bills with no inventory to sell.

Your last 3 sentences say it all. Unfortunately, it's too late to stop the trend and worse than that, i feel that prices for rimfire ammo has gone the way of 75cents a gallon of gas. We will be paying through the nose from here on out.
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Magnusbullets wrote:The ealers were told the federal 22 plant in Mississippi runs 2million rds of 22 per day.
Is this situation being used as an opportunity to squeeze a lot of dealers out? Especially smaller ones.
Ron

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Stopped by Walmart Saturday, no rimfire, none coming in. Stopped by a small gun shop and they had bricks of CCI std vel for $45/brick. Said they are getting small amounts weekly, but no powder or primers. Talked to three guys who had just come from a Silverado gun show - plenty of everything, but prices are really jacked up, way beyond anything they have seen in the past.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by eNon Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Toz35m wrote:I had not even thought about the fact there are people trying to get started and they are going to struggle to find ammo and also guns.

Having just purchased my first pistol (Mark III) less than a week before Sandy Hook happened in mid Dec., I feel like I got into this sport at the worst possible time. Of course I got it on GunBroker, so it wasn't in my hands until this mess had begun to ratchet up.

I suppose that I have been fortunate to at least have been able to put a couple boxes of fed. auto match down range and recently found a box of notoriously problematic winchester 525 bulk that hasn't jammed up on me after 2 or 3 mags. I also feel fortunate that my suppliers run their smithing/selling as a word-of-mouth side business to their indoor rock climbing gym, so they don't have to gouge prices to stay in business as long as people want to climb rocks. At least I'm getting to shoot every once in a while.

Maybe after a couple years I will have had sufficient chance to practice to make shooting a competition a worthwhile endeavor. This thread is depressing.

Thanks for the ammo finding tips guys.

eNon

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 am

eNon wrote:
Maybe after a couple years I will have had sufficient chance to practice to make shooting a competition a worthwhile endeavor. This thread is depressing.

Thanks for the ammo finding tips guys.
As long as you have ammo to shoot shooting in competition is always worthwhile. No matter what your skill level this sport needs shooters. Even if you don't have the ammo I bet someone will either give you some or sell you enough to shoot a match. I think you are much better off shooting matches now then waiting till you feel that you are good enough to shoot a match. You will probably learn more at 1 match than months worth of practicing on your own.
Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next