Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020

+5
Ray Dash
zanemoseley
oldsalt444
SingleActionAndrew
Allgoodhits
9 posters

Go down

Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020 Empty Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020

Post by Allgoodhits Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 am

Moderators. I put this under equipment. Feel free to place where most appropriate. I placed it hear, since it is so bizarre that no one would ever think of such a gun as an assault firearm. Just wanted to alert possible competitors coming to Virginia possessing a potential contraband precision pistol.

For those unaware, there is pending legislation coming up in Virginia, which if passed, will make certain normal precision pistol platforms unlawful to posses, with no grandfather opportunity.

As I read Virginia's proposed SB16, it would make any centerfire pistol which has the detachable magazine forward of the grip a newly defined "assault firearm". Possession or transfer a Felony. Further, it adds part or parts to assemble an "assault firearm" is also a felony. Having said that the Pardini SP platform, Walther (others?) in CF calibers, or CF conversion kits fall under this. 

Here is the applicable section of SB16 as proposed. NOTE. It has not been passed, yet.

Virginia SB16

4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);

Stay tuned....
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020 Empty Re: Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020

Post by SingleActionAndrew Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Same restriction in Cook County, IL as well. Except not just the Pardini HP but SP also, since they don't make the CF distinction. I believe it reads any semiautomatic pistol that takes its magazine somewhere other than the grip handle.

Luckily our state CC law overrides lower limitations, specifically on pistols. Not sure if it protects out of staters, though, unless you're just passing through, since we don't actually issue CCLs for out of state residents
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020 Empty Re: Equipment & pending gun legislation in VA 2020

Post by oldsalt444 Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Crikey!  Commiefornia has similar laws, but also has a list of "olympic exemptions".  That includes Pardini, Benelli, Walther, Unique, even S&W 41 and 52.  But we also have that crazy ass "Handgun Roster" to deal with.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Looks like the rot is spreading.  Mad

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Dash Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:35 pm

NY Safe Act did this with no exception. I have been sending emails to State and local representatives regarding Olympic pistol exemptions with no luck. The left is getting their way one way or another.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm

The battle is real in Virginia. County and City meetings have been overwhelmed with citizens stepping up to demand that their rights under 2A are not diluted or washed away. I believe the State has 95 Counties/Cities. At last count there were 70+ whose Councils/Boards have adopted some sort of a resolution to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary. Probably, little legal teeth, but sending a message to our State Capitol.

Stay vigilant as may be needed in your locale. Don't think it could never happen. Who would have ever thought Virginia?
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by jlow Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 pm

For many years, people who shoot pistols like those in the board and hunt thinks this whole gun control thing it's not their problem.  Trust me, if it is not your problem now, it will be as per this new law in Virginia and which likely other states would like to copy.  You are indeed in the cross-hairs, maybe not today but in the near future.  Ask the people in England and Australia.....

jlow

Back to top Go down

Post by pgg Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:46 am

Allgoodhits wrote:Who would have ever thought Virginia?

?

I keep hearing people say this, and it baffles me. How could anyone not have seen this coming? It's been happening in slow motion for 20+ years. Virginia was red, then it was purple, now it's blue. We've been talking about it since Bush v Gore.

The expansion of the reliably-blue-voting DC suburbs in northern Virginia made it inevitable. Virginia isn't a swing state any more. It's blue, and it'll only become more solidly blue in years to come.

California, Illinois, and NYC style gun control will be Virginia's reality unless the courts put a stop to it. Maybe (maaaaaaybe) in 2020 the state legislature could be flipped red again for a term or two if the current rage and activism keeps up and turnout is exceptionally good. But even that will be just a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted trajectory into blueness. Demographics are like the tides. There's only one way for urbanization and DC spillover into northern VA to go.

PS - If this disturbs you, don't look too closely at Texas.

pgg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:47 am

pgg wrote:

California, Illinois, and NYC style gun control will be Virginia's reality unless the courts put a stop to it.

Illinois is not as bad as people think. I still have my 17 round Beretta mags. 30 round AR mags. A Benelli with the mag well in front of the grip, no exception needed. Is Illinois gun friendly? Nope. But it's not as bad as people think. Chicago is not all of Illinois.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:12 am

pgg wrote:

?

I keep hearing people say this, and it baffles me. How could anyone not have seen this coming? It's been happening in slow motion for 20+ years. Virginia was red, then it was purple, now it's blue. We've been talking about it since Bush v Gore.

The expansion of the reliably-blue-voting DC suburbs in northern Virginia made it inevitable. Virginia isn't a swing state any more. It's blue, and it'll only become more solidly blue in years to come.

California, Illinois, and NYC style gun control will be Virginia's reality unless the courts put a stop to it. Maybe (maaaaaaybe) in 2020 the state legislature could be flipped red again for a term or two if the current rage and activism keeps up and turnout is exceptionally good. But even that will be just a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted trajectory into blueness. Demographics are like the tides. There's only one way for urbanization and DC spillover into northern VA to go.

PS - If this disturbs you, don't look too closely at Texas.
I agrre about Texas. Austin is gone. It's like San Francisco. Nashville also has been invaded, too.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down