Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture

Go down

WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture Empty WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture

Post by Youngerd on 12/13/2019, 11:17 am

Interested in a Merit optical attachment. Dealing with some astigmatism issues on red dots. Thought this might help, along with iron sights.

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture Empty Re: WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture

Post by KCKral on 12/13/2019, 11:59 am

Merit has stopped producing the adjustable apertures. You may have luck finding one on ebay. Here is another alternative. http://www.seebettershootbetter.com/purchase.html

KCKral

http://kralbuilders.com

Back to top Go down

WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture Empty Re: WTB: Merit optical attachment / adjustable aperture

Post by Youngerd on 12/13/2019, 1:32 pm

KCKral,. Is the seebetter option better? Thanks for the suggestion. I saw 3 Merits listed on eBay, so I may jump on one.

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKral on 12/13/2019, 2:13 pm

I'm not sure which is better. Merit relies on a suction cup to keep it secured. Seebetter uses magnets to keep it attached.

KCKral

http://kralbuilders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK on 12/13/2019, 2:22 pm

Does Gehman still make the clip on style iris??
I've been very happy with mine>
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler on 12/13/2019, 2:45 pm

Ok don’t laugh but I was scheduled for Lasic eye surgery and a guy at the range said hey try my shooting glasses. He had a eyepal installed on them. I swear to god my red dots were massive blurs due to my Astigmatism. Looking through his eyepal my dot was crystal clear and perfectly round! I went on eBay and bought the double pack for 19.95 shipped! Best money I ever spent
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 12/13/2019, 3:23 pm

James Hensler wrote:Ok don’t laugh but I was scheduled for Lasic eye surgery and a guy at the range said hey try my shooting glasses. He had a eyepal installed on them. I swear to god my red dots were massive blurs due to my Astigmatism. Looking through his eyepal my dot was crystal clear and perfectly round! I went on eBay and bought the double pack for 19.95 shipped! Best money I ever spent
+1  Tried both the Merit & Gehman and just wasn't happy using them on my Rudy Project (Rydon) shooting glasses.  The EyePal works perfect for me.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by radjag on 12/13/2019, 4:59 pm

I had LASIK done about 14 years ago and very glad I did. The Merit style iris is a good product but can be a bit fiddly. I then tried Eyepal, put it on Gargoyle high clarity safety glasses, with a clip on blinder for left eye, excellent setup.
But one consequence of LASIK is that my qualty of vision is very sensitive to light levels, Much harder to see in low light.
I came across a used set of Champion adjustable shooting glasses and am very happy. Easy to position the iris in exactly the right spot and to adjust the aperture when indoors, etc. Can also play with corrective lens to adjust point of focus for iron sights, etc. Champion and Knobloch are expensive, but if you have tired old eyes they are wonderful. The only negative is that they don't provide the same level of protection from flying debris as wrap around safety glasses and an Eyepal.

radjag

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngerd on 12/13/2019, 7:52 pm

Looks like the eyepal is in the running. I have some research to do. Thanks for all of the advice!

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum