Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wtb pardini

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Wtb pardini

Post by smsnyder on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Looking to buy a pardini 22 caliber LR pistol..Must he late model. Any out there. Thanks

smsnyder

Posts : 569
Join date : 2019-08-23

Back to top Go down


Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 am

LenV, if I'm getting a gun that can do this, why do I need to get anything else?
My current HS (see avatar) is the most comfortable gun to shoot that I own.
Roddy says the new gun is not a "collector", it's a "shooter".
I have three guns that shoot 22, my 41, my HS, and my Nelson (which was replaced by Larry after we couldn't fix the problem).
Regardless of how many people tell me otherwise, as I see it, I need to be improved, not my guns.
Working on that.
If I believe what I now think, if I forget everything else, and ONLY concentrate on my trigger release, I will do fine.

Gee, maybe Herret's could make a grip for the Pardini in your size, if they can find a large enough block of wood?

I spent about an hour looking at online information for Pardini.  It doesn't need me.
I suspect nobody thinks this way, but all I see is issues and confusion.  Maybe if I had a friend who shot one, I'd feel differently.

Wtb pardini - Page 2 11-19-10
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:27 am

Added after a lot of searching....

The final place I went to, while searching for the "Best" 22 Bullseye gun, was this page:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072193

Very informative.  Having read the whole discussion slowly, maybe the Pardini is not as complicated to use and shoot as I thought it was.  I'm not in the market to buy one, but if I were, this write-up would help seal the deal.  

'smsnyder', will you be mounting a red dot sight?  Here's one with a dot sight and everything else imaginable, if money is no object:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/841836294

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Screen11
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by Tripscape on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:12 am

'Mikemyers' that's my listing on GB. Selling only due to financial needs.  This is my second Pardini, I intended to keep it but darn 2 AC replacements rang the bill at $25k.

Guys, I wanted to do this writeup because there are some wrong concepts floating around about Pardini guns.  Before I bought mine I thought they were some complicated magical creatures, but they are not at all.  Now there are some adjustments on the gun - 1) trigger - just follow Nygord notes word for word and you will fully understand what each screw does in 10 minutes flat.  There is almost no reason to buy this gun if you are not willing to adjust the trigger to exactly what you need. Adjustment is not complicated by any means and most screws are visible from the side of trigger guard exactly how they engage. 2) barrel / recoil weights - one major thing to their usefulness is to fine tune gun balance. Each weight rod is 15 grams, so you tune balance in 30 gram increments (2 rods).  This is especially useful on 6 inch barrel as it balances MUCH different than 5 inch barrel.  3) sights - sight aperture can be adjusted for bigger or smaller opening, if you shoot iron sights this is extremely useful.  4) grip - so this is not in manual or anything, Pardini does not advertise it as adjustable, BUT you can put a shim at the back of the grip to make it more upright, getting angle closer to 1911 but not quite. Also you can put a shim up front to get angle even larger than it is from the factory. I suggest shim to be a piece of thick leather so it is non marring or a thick valve seal in the thickness you need. 5) scope placement on rails or on BE edition on the front can change balance even further, also cbanging MOA perception and tube diameter perception. That is all there is to it. 
Points of failure on the gun are ejectors as they are literally magazine lips, recoil pad as some people wrote but I never experienced. 
Why buy one - ergonomics, balance, reliability, smooth operation, all adjustments are there and available all the time. Literally NO ALIBI. 
Why not buy one - if you are not willing to do the adjustments, price.  

Comparison - 
MG2 - superb gun but I did not like how the deck is too high.  Reliability, support longevity - both are great now but had big growing pains. However, for the current price you can do no better. Even more adjustments than Pardini and super complicated gun.  And for the record I love it!
Walther GSP - awesome, less complicated, proven and true. In the end trigger is marginally worse than Pardini and balance much different. Also superb gun.
FWB - I was never impressed and I don't like the trigger much.  If something happens to it I wouldn't know where to send it. 
 FAS Domino 601/602 - awesome guns, engineering is simple, effective and shooting one is amazing.  Best trigger ever on non free pistol, butter. Parts near impossible to find.  Especially worried about firing pin.
Hammerli 215/208 - S series with 2 stage trigger - hmmmm imagine a very refined SW M41 with adjustable trigger.  Yes, great guns in every way.  Balance of Pardini is much different, I don't even know which I prefer better.  Triggers are great but not as butter as Pardini.

Ok, tired of writing. If you buy my gun I will adjust it for you however you like.  We can do it over Skype so you can see how it is adjusted.

Tripscape

Posts : 163
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:07 pm

If I was working, not retired, I would be trying to buy your gun.  You clearly show my comparison to a professional Nikon DSLR, but all those adjustments are useful, so it can be adapted perfectly to the needs or desires of the owner.  If I was making up a shopping list of all the things I might want to use, or try, I would likely buy it from you, then spend the next several months learning it and making it the best for "me".  

Best of luck in selling it, and sorry that you have to do so at all.  And thank you for taking the time to write all that.  I certainly understand the Pardini better than I did half an hour ago.  You know, in all the searching I did, I never found a "review".  You've already written one - maybe you can edit it into a review, and post it somewhere.  Thanks!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by CrankyThunder on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:41 pm

mikemyers wrote:
gregbenner wrote:Mike, there are different ways to look at it. I personally would agree that a Pardini, or other high end 22 target pistol, likely won’t improve scores compared to a decent Ruger/41/HIgh STD.............However, again for me, the Pardini has super ergonomics, something that can only be experienced.......Interestlngly, I find there are a few of my guns I shoot regularly, and others (e.g. HS, Scorpion, Nelson conversion) that just aren’t as enjoyable, which for me, is why I shoot.............As you suggest, my scores haven’t really improved, but I think my perspectives, appreciation, and certainly my enjoyment have.  Get a Pardini and an MG2, then compare them to your new HS. You’ll have a “blast”.

Well, lots of good info from lots of good people up above, but part of what you wrote is what made the biggest "dent" in my way of thinking.  From a practical point of view, I wouldn't expect MY scores to improve, as the gun is not what I think is holding me back.  But you also mention the joy of shooting, ergonomics, and enjoyment......which is much of the reason for why I shoot at all.

So, maybe I'll consider adding a Pardini to my wish-list, maybe in six months or a year, and maybe start looking for one.  On the other hand, the "enjoyment" that I get out of shooting is sort of like the "enjoyment" I got out of my old British sports cars from a lifetime ago (without also remembering the pain of owning one).  That's part of why I bought a Miata.  It's also in a way why I want the High Standard I'm getting.  It's something I grew up thinking about, and realizing that if I really want one, why wait.

(I need to be careful - once I start thinking this way, were a Pardini to show up for sale here on the forum, I might be tempted to buy first, and think later.  You guys have a rather large influence in how I think about these things.  Someone here reading his is likely to send me an email some time in the future that they have one for sale, and this person would most likely get a very positive response from me.......Shhh......)


dear Mike:

Have you ever pulled a long sip on a delicious brew at the neighborhood pub where the local football team was kicking off?


Have you ever taken that first sip of a snow chilled Jack Daniels in front of the Fireplace the night before Opening Morning?

You ever cut into the choice prime rib at a fine restaurant with a beautiful companion in a knock my eyes out dress followed up with a exquisite french wine?


This is the feeling you get with the fist shot out of a pardini that is simply perfect and you peer into the spotting scope and confirm it is in the center of the bull ring.  

I could add additional qualifiers but need to keep this thread open to the general public.  


yes, pardinis are that good. 






Regards, 
Crankster



CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 314
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 61
Location : Below Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by TonyH on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:27 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:
mikemyers wrote:
gregbenner wrote:Mike, there are different ways to look at it. I personally would agree that a Pardini, or other high end 22 target pistol, likely won’t improve scores compared to a decent Ruger/41/HIgh STD.............However, again for me, the Pardini has super ergonomics, something that can only be experienced.......Interestlngly, I find there are a few of my guns I shoot regularly, and others (e.g. HS, Scorpion, Nelson conversion) that just aren’t as enjoyable, which for me, is why I shoot.............As you suggest, my scores haven’t really improved, but I think my perspectives, appreciation, and certainly my enjoyment have.  Get a Pardini and an MG2, then compare them to your new HS. You’ll have a “blast”.

Well, lots of good info from lots of good people up above, but part of what you wrote is what made the biggest "dent" in my way of thinking.  From a practical point of view, I wouldn't expect MY scores to improve, as the gun is not what I think is holding me back.  But you also mention the joy of shooting, ergonomics, and enjoyment......which is much of the reason for why I shoot at all.

So, maybe I'll consider adding a Pardini to my wish-list, maybe in six months or a year, and maybe start looking for one.  On the other hand, the "enjoyment" that I get out of shooting is sort of like the "enjoyment" I got out of my old British sports cars from a lifetime ago (without also remembering the pain of owning one).  That's part of why I bought a Miata.  It's also in a way why I want the High Standard I'm getting.  It's something I grew up thinking about, and realizing that if I really want one, why wait.

(I need to be careful - once I start thinking this way, were a Pardini to show up for sale here on the forum, I might be tempted to buy first, and think later.  You guys have a rather large influence in how I think about these things.  Someone here reading his is likely to send me an email some time in the future that they have one for sale, and this person would most likely get a very positive response from me.......Shhh......)


dear Mike:

Have you ever pulled a long sip on a delicious brew at the neighborhood pub where the local football team was kicking off?


Have you ever taken that first sip of a snow chilled Jack Daniels in front of the Fireplace the night before Opening Morning?

You ever cut into the choice prime rib at a fine restaurant with a beautiful companion in a knock my eyes out dress followed up with a exquisite french wine?


This is the feeling you get with the fist shot out of a pardini that is simply perfect and you peer into the spotting scope and confirm it is in the center of the bull ring.  

I could add additional qualifiers but need to keep this thread open to the general public.  


yes, pardinis are that good. 






Regards, 
Crankster



And you said you didn’t want the shirt........ Rolling Eyes
TonyH
TonyH

Posts : 485
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : Just outside the gates of Hell, MI

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Gee, when I read what you wrote, I think of my own examples, such as riding an awesome motorcycle that does just what I want, when I want it to do it, or an old-time MG or Healey, that fought me all the time, but I loved it.  I used to race, and write about, radio control car racing, all over the world, and sometimes I was driving a perfectly set up car that did just what I wanted, even as I thought about it.  Then I finished up near the top.  Other cars had to be "forced" to do stuff, no fun.

I don't feel that fondly about my 41.  I certainly don't feel that fondly about my Nelson.  On the other hand, my ancient HS just becomes part of me, which probably sounds stupid, but shooting it is SO enjoyable.


Maybe I'll get a chance to shoot a Pardini some day, and maybe it will impress me as you describe.  I dunno.  Most likely, if I were more experienced, I'd appreciate it more.

It's like cameras I guess - a good camera just becomes an extension of your body, and you just naturally capture the images you see or feel.  Others feel like a "machine".  I love my Fuji X100f, as it just does what I'm trying to do, without getting in the way.  My Nikon has too many dials and knobs and menus, and settings and other stuff.  

Lots to think about................
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by Wobbley on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:38 pm

To all those waxing about the benefits or lack thereof of Pardini pistols, how does this help the OP find a pistol he can buy?
Wobbley
Wobbley

Posts : 2774
Join date : 2015-02-12

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by LenV on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Were not just waxing. We are keeping the topic at the top of the queue. I know that might be reaching...… free bump Very Happy
LenV
LenV

Posts : 4165
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 70
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:51 pm

It helps in strange ways.  I posted the Gunbroker link, and the owner of that gun came here to elaborate.  If I had the funds to do so, and if he didn't want it, it would already be mine - but he has first dibs!  How can he go wrong?  Anything he might ever want is there.    :-)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by radjag on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm

+1 Wobbley.

To the OP (Earl?). If you have never handled or tried a Pardini or other high end Euro, then best advice would be to visit a dealer or a range where you can at least "touch and feel". I don't know where you are based. Pardini USA are in Florida. Champions Choice in Tennessee. Probably others. Cardinal? Ask Pardini USA.
I've not seen many "cheap" used Pardini's in the market. If you've got the money, go buy a new one. They even sell Bullseye packs complete with a red dot, etc. One stop shop.

radjag

Posts : 797
Join date : 2017-03-22
Age : 64
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by CrankyThunder on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:56 am

For what it is worth, smsnyder has purchased a Pardini and Elvis has left the building.  

I guess he did some decent horse trading and exchanged a exxess or a trailside along with a fistful cash and I guess that he is out at the range sighting it in.  

And Tony, Naaa, dont really want the shirt, no need to flaunt how much fun us pardini shooters are having.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 314
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 61
Location : Below Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by CrankyThunder on Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:09 am

mikemyers wrote:Added after a lot of searching....

The final place I went to, while searching for the "Best" 22 Bullseye gun, was this page:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072193

Very informative.  Having read the whole discussion slowly, maybe the Pardini is not as complicated to use and shoot as I thought it was.  I'm not in the market to buy one, but if I were, this write-up would help seal the deal.  

'smsnyder', will you be mounting a red dot sight?  Here's one with a dot sight and everything else imaginable, if money is no object:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/841836294

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Screen11
Hey Mike:

guy on rimfire central about the pardini/fwb pretty smart dude, posts some good stuff! lol!
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 314
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 61
Location : Below Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:15 am

You mean this fellow?

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13755p25-wtb-pardini#119834

I read his response here, twice.  I guess I made some incorrect assumptions about the Pardini.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by james r chapman on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 am

mikemyers wrote:You mean this fellow?

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13755p25-wtb-pardini#119834

I read his response here, twice.  I guess I made some incorrect assumptions about the Pardini.
I’m quoting you!

Lol
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 71
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by CrankyThunder on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:51 am

lol! lol! lol!

you guys are awesome!
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 314
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 61
Location : Below Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:54 am

Gee, thanks!!!!    I got a little discombobulated in following all this discussion.  Maybe it will all make sense to me next year!   ......speaking of which, Happy New Year!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by DA/SA on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:00 am

Perhaps a Morini will be next in line for the pistol tryouts?
DA/SA
DA/SA

Posts : 623
Join date : 2017-10-09
Location : Southeast Florida

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by CR10X on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:05 am

You know, y'all provided me with a good bit for amusement for a post that just started with someone looking for a Pardini.

(Just a thought, an equal amount of time dryfiring would probably help me shoot to my classification faster, but  I had fun reading everything.)

Y'all have a happy new year!  

And smsnyder, I'm glad you finally got your Pardini.  I've been rooting for ya!

CR

CR10X

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by gregbenner on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 am

smsnyder wrote:Looking to buy a pardini 22 caliber LR pistol..Must he late model. Any out there. Thanks
I bought mine used a couple of years ago for $1800. Ive watched prices since then, and that seems to be the market, although could be higher with enough extras. I’ve purchased quite a few target pistols over the last few years, and in my experience it’s all about timing.  Be alert, watch the trading posts on this and the other forums, plus Gun Broker, and BE READY TO ACT!.  Patience patience patience.  The savings can be significant, and often include numerous extras as a fraction of the new price.

Buying used isn’t for everyone, particularly if you are in a hurry, but it has allowed me to acquire nearly all the guns discussed on this forum to experience personally. So far, I’ve not had any bad experiences, and it gives me the piece of mind that I could sell my collection for pretty much what I have invested. Not the best investment I’ve ever made, but clearly not the worst:roll:

gregbenner

Posts : 732
Join date : 2016-10-29
Location : San Diego area

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by james r chapman on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:08 am

Like golf and trapshooting!
Best to buy after a bad round!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 71
Location : HELL, Michigan

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by TonyH on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:53 pm

james r chapman wrote:Like golf and trapshooting!
Best to buy after a bad round!
Pardini’s have bad rounds? Even with all their near magical and mythical fame? pirat  Doesn’t seem possible, but I’ll take a detailed look at the posted scores at the next match I attend to confirm!  Very Happy
TonyH
TonyH

Posts : 485
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : Just outside the gates of Hell, MI

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by mikemyers on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:01 pm

This may have nothing to do with this discussion, or it may have everything to do with it.

Before I knew about Bullseye Competition, a few zillion years ago, I was very involved in radio control car racing.  The fellow who taught me, Jerry Cyrul, went to a race and won.  One of the "big shots" said it was because Jerry had better batteries - so they switched batteries and Jerry won again.  Then the fellow said Jerry had a better motor - so they switched motors, with the same result.  Frustrated, the other guy said something about Jerry's car being better - so they switched cars - and Jerry won again.

I don't think the other fellow ever got the point, but I sure did.  It's not the gear, it's the person using the gear.  

Pardini may be a lovely gun, and who knows, maybe I'll even buy one some day, but it won't be with the expectation that it will suddenly make a huge difference in MY scores.



Thanks to all of you - a week ago, I didn't know how to spell Pardini, and now I want one.  Not very rational.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2016-07-26
Age : 76
Location : South Florida, and India

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by TonyH on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:58 pm

mikemyers wrote:This may have nothing to do with this discussion, or it may have everything to do with it.

Before I knew about Bullseye Competition, a few zillion years ago, I was very involved in radio control car racing.  The fellow who taught me, Jerry Cyrul, went to a race and won.  One of the "big shots" said it was because Jerry had better batteries - so they switched batteries and Jerry won again.  Then the fellow said Jerry had a better motor - so they switched motors, with the same result.  Frustrated, the other guy said something about Jerry's car being better - so they switched cars - and Jerry won again.

I don't think the other fellow ever got the point, but I sure did.  It's not the gear, it's the person using the gear.  

Pardini may be a lovely gun, and who knows, maybe I'll even buy one some day, but it won't be with the expectation that it will suddenly make a huge difference in MY scores.



Thanks to all of you - a week ago, I didn't know how to spell Pardini, and now I want one.  Not very rational.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Mike takes the prize!! This thread can be closed.Very Happy
TonyH
TonyH

Posts : 485
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : Just outside the gates of Hell, MI

Back to top Go down

Wtb pardini - Page 2 Empty Re: Wtb pardini

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum