Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Sectional Participation

3 posters

Go down

NRA Sectional Participation Empty NRA Sectional Participation

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:06 pm

I'm sure that I saw a thread recently which talked about the 2020 Sectional rules, but I've searched and searched and am not able to find the thread.

I've never shot in a Sectional previously. Am I correct in understanding that a competitor is only permitted to shoot in one Sectional? There are two within my reasonable driving distance; one for Oregon and one for Washington, I must shoot in one or the other, correct?

Back to top Go down

NRA Sectional Participation Empty Re: NRA Sectional Participation

Post by john bickar Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 am

radjag wrote:within my reasonable driving distance

Match directors beware - radjag's definition of "reasonable driving distance" may fall several standard deviations outside of the mean! Laughing

The NRA last year allowed shooters to participate in multiple Sectionals. I believe that there is a protest still underway on the 2019 match.

Like you, I thought I saw something about the 2020 Sectionals, and whether they were allowing re-entry. I also could not find it with a search.

The purist in me says pick one and shoot your best. The "WTF-ever" in me says go and shoot them both and see if anyone at the NRA notices.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:46 am

Thanks John, I hope to "pop down" to Sunnyvale later in the year. It's actually only 3 turns from Bandon - quite a ways between turns though😂🤣😂🤣

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 pm

radjag wrote:I'm sure that I saw a thread recently which talked about the 2020 Sectional rules, but I've searched and searched and am not able to find the thread.

I've never shot in a Sectional previously. Am I correct in understanding that a competitor is only permitted to shoot in one Sectional? There are two within my reasonable driving distance; one for Oregon and one for Washington, I must shoot in one or the other, correct?
You might be referring to this post:

Additional instructions for 2020 Sectionals

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Dear Ed. Yes, that is the quote I was thinking of, thanks.

I will choose one Sectional and try my best at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 am

Gentlemen, for the 2020 National indoor Championships ( sectionals ) you can only fire once. There will NOT be any re entry.....
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down