Colt Python

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Colt Python - Page 2 Empty Colt Python

Post by mikemyers on 1/10/2020, 9:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

I don't know how good it may or may not be for Bullseye, but I'm going to find it very difficult to not buy one of these....

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/1/1/the-keefe-report-the-colt-python-is-back/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0120

I always wanted one, and actually could have bought a brand new one from a showcase 30 or so years ago, but since then, the price just keeps climbing, and fewer and fewer gunsmiths have the knowledge to work on them.  I guess I need to squeeze one of these in between the two High Standards I'm already buying, and the Pardini that I find it hard to forget about.  

(If this gun will NOT be useful for Bullseye, this thread can be moved to the General Forum....   but if the new technology is accurate and precise, maybe it will be good for us as well all the people who want one but can't afford an original....)

Colt Python - Page 2 Python_21
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Colt Python - Page 2 Empty Re: Colt Python

Post by zanemoseley on 1/19/2020, 11:09 am

There's another guy on YouTube that has the issue where the cylinder occasionally wouldn't rotate. He also found a promo video by Colt that shows they had the same issue when shooting their video. I wouldn't want to be an early adopter, both for reliability as well as the price they're going for.

I would love to see the new ones make the old ones drop in value. I've always wanted an old python but no so much to spend $3k on one.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 1/19/2020, 11:17 am

Here's the list of issues, what Colt is already fixing, and so on - and if what I read is correct, they are recalling the original shipment to fix the problems:

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/python/371323-new-python-report-issues.html
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 1/19/2020, 11:18 am

I used to have 5-6 Pythons.  Sold them through the years.  Mostly to get 2 kids thru college as a single dad.  I had 3 barrel lengths snub, 4 and 6.  One 6" was a very low serial number.
I still have 4 OMM which are better shooters.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech on 2/11/2020, 10:48 am

I'm "finding it" extremely easy not buying one of these.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum