Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clark Ruger MKII

5 posters

Go down

Clark Ruger MKII Empty Clark Ruger MKII

Post by bbh791 1/27/2013, 2:30 pm

If I sent in a MKII to Clark, what all do they do to it? Do they do an upgrade with the original internal parts or do they replace them with aftermarket parts? Thanks

bbh791

Back to top Go down

Clark Ruger MKII Empty Re: Clark Ruger MKII

Post by Paper-Puncher 1/27/2013, 9:43 pm

They will do what ever you want....But it is very easy to do the internal parts yourself....You could order the internals from Volquartsen and change them yourself or have any gunsmith do it if you dont feel up to it.....about they only way I would send a gun in to them is to have a custom barrel put on it.....Both my Rugers shoot very well so I dont see a need to re-barrel them......all you really need to do is change the sear and sear spring with the VQ parts and you should get a 2ish lb trigger ....If you also change the trigger with the VQ one you will have more adjustment as far as pre-travel and a stop screw......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy 1/28/2013, 7:27 am

[quote="Paper-Puncher"]....But it is very easy to do the internal parts yourself....You could order the internals from Volquartsen and change them yourself

Very true, not difficult at all - Volquartsen's instructions and videos are a little confusing but there are other videos on You Tube that will help you. My opinion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=842D-R5NbfU is one of the better videos.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda 1/28/2013, 1:53 pm

Clark makes a lot of their own aftermarket parts for the Ruger. you can buy them yourself as well from their website.

You "can" do everything yourself and just swap in Clark or Volquartsen parts with no extra work, but if you really want to fine tune the trigger pull, it takes some extra doing.

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 2/20/2013, 4:31 pm

These guys I've always found the following site the best info on Ruger .22 target guns..

look for posts from BULLSEYE
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down