Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Go down

SOLD SOLD SOLD Empty SOLD SOLD SOLD

Post by Guest on 1/15/2020, 2:31 pm

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853256793

Last edited by 38Super!! on 1/27/2020, 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

SOLD SOLD SOLD Empty Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD

Post by uladz on 1/15/2020, 4:34 pm

Nice, if it would be priced at 550 buy now I would grab it on spot. At 750 seems to be a bit overpriced, I've got Beretta 89 for 600, which I think is a better pistol all around. What do you think?

uladz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 on 1/15/2020, 5:31 pm

Are repair / replacement parts readily available for the IZH35M? I had two of them, and when the import ban for Kalashnikov Concern went into effect, I sold them both.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by uladz on 1/15/2020, 5:38 pm

Don't think so, looks like 35M is out of production, getting parts will be royal PITA.
@Mike38, how did you like your IZH? Anything bad or good to say about it? Worth getting one?

uladz

Back to top Go down

Post by HSM on 1/15/2020, 6:37 pm

Some of these pistols tend to develop double fires due to the soft metal it was fabricated from - bolt face deforms. I have an IZH35M and had to fixed the double fire issue it developed - now it works fine with CCI - the upper shroud where the scope mount is placed is held with 3 screws that tend to get loose frequently - so it needs constant attention - this is only and issue if you install a red dot
Very very accurate pistol

HSM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 on 1/15/2020, 8:38 pm

uladz wrote:Don't think so, looks like 35M is out of production, getting parts will be royal PITA.
@Mike38, how did you like your IZH? Anything bad or good to say about it? Worth getting one?

I like them both, for a few years. Balance and fit was perfect, for me anyhow. The only ammo I could shoot in mine was Winchester T22. All other ammo would give me an occasional double fire. Winchester has (had) the thinnest rim so it never slam fired. But that was ok, because back 20 years ago, Winchester T22 was excellent ammo.  But as HSM wrote above, the softer metal these where made from started to become a problem. The bolt face slowly got peened and distorted. One reason why I got rid of them. I paid $390 for one in 1999, and $410 for the second in 2001. Sold them both to the same guy for $800 in 2015. Got my money back and still ran 30K+ rounds through them.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by uladz on 1/15/2020, 8:47 pm

Thank you @Mike38 and @HSM, very interesting and helpful info. Much appreciate elaborated explanations! This somewhat confirms my estimate of the current market price for this pistol I guess. @Mike38 - so after 30K round they still run no problem? How was the bore rifling, holding up fine?

uladz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 on 1/15/2020, 10:14 pm

uladz wrote:Thank you @Mike38 and @HSM, very interesting and helpful info. Much appreciate elaborated explanations! This somewhat confirms my estimate of the current market price for this pistol I guess. @Mike38 - so after 30K round they still run no problem? How was the bore rifling, holding up fine?

The one I bought in 1999 had about 25K rounds, peening was obvious. The 2001 had about 5K and still looked new. Both still worked when sold. Amazing thing about the 1999. During a weekly practice session at the range I was a member of, I must have had a dud round on the last of a five shot string. The bullet stuck in the bore.  I must have loaded a fresh mag and chambered a new round without noticing it. Shot the next string, with a very noticeable difference on that first round, but me being a dummy, I kept shooting. Scoring the target, and there was ten holes, but five were way out of the group. Thought it was me. Shot another target, and it looked like a very large shotgun pattern, I knew something was wrong so switched pistols. When I got home and put two and two together, I realized what happened. You could no longer see any rifling in the bore it was so leaded. Took me a long time, but I got the smeared lead out. Shot that pistol another year with no loss of accuracy or function. The barrels on the IZH35 are very accurate and well built, it's the rest of the pistol that has soft metal.

Would I buy another? Nope. Not even for the 1999 prices. Lack of repair parts, and I really like my Benelli.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum