Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture?

2 posters

Go down

Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture? Empty Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture?

Post by SBWP 1/26/2020, 2:33 pm

I've seen discussions online about how to identify the date of manufacture (DOM) for Walther GSP pistols, but haven't found any info on identifying the DOM for the GSP Expert, SSP, or SSP-E pistols. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

M  <><

SBWP

Back to top Go down

Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture? Empty Re: Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture?

Post by fc60 1/26/2020, 6:43 pm

Greetings,

Found this...
Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture? A8946391-2dae-4351-a4d0-17caf7c152f3-png

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture? Empty Re: Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture?

Post by SBWP 1/27/2020, 4:26 pm

Thanks Dave - I had seen this list before, it seems to apply to the older GSP models (where the date code is listed on the side of the slide). However, I haven't found a date code on the GSP Extra or SSP that seems to incorporate these letters / numbers.

M  <><

SBWP

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 1/27/2020, 7:13 pm

Greetings,

Interesting... I have an GSP-C Expert and it is stamped "AG" above the serial number next to the proof marks.

"AG" = 06 = 2006

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by SBWP 1/28/2020, 9:51 pm

Thanks Dave - apologies for my slowness, I haven't been able to hold an Expert yet - only been able to look at pictures. i'm trying to attach a pic of what I think is the serial # for a .22 model - right side, just below the ejection port - I'm presuming the "DE" stands for Deutschland - if DE is the date code that would make it a '34 year. I'm stumbling at the moment, not able to figure out how to insert a pic here - will try and upload.
Walther SSP & GSP Expert - how to identify date of manufacture? 847484227

M  <><

SBWP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down