Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB. Burris 1x scope

Go down

WTB. Burris 1x scope Empty WTB. Burris 1x scope

Post by Ironarmknives on 1/31/2020, 8:38 pm

Hey everybody I’m new to the sport and I hate red dots want to do open site but can’t I would like to get one of these
Burris 1X Gil Hebert scope .Heard they have one with the 7MoA. but hoping any one to start

Thanks
Clint

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

WTB. Burris 1x scope Empty Re: WTB. Burris 1x scope

Post by CrankyThunder on 2/1/2020, 6:18 am

Hi Clint, Cranky here again.  

You might want to reconsider your aversion to red dot scopes.  Most of us have tried the one power scopes and we all have gravitated to the red dot.  The red dot works better for approximately 99.99% of the people.  (yeah...….ya always got that one guy...……..wants to be different no matter what). 

If you are that one guy, well, sometimes I see one here on Bullseye L, Rimfire Central, and a couple of the smith and Wesson forums.  If you are really impatient, eBay would probably be your best bet.  Remember, there is a reason that they repeatedly come up for sale.  

Regards, 
Crankster

Last edited by CrankyThunder on 2/1/2020, 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer)
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Location : Burrokratic republik of Michigan, Cubicle LVW-2a19d, Rock #3

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle on 2/1/2020, 7:03 am

Advocate of the Burris 1X and 2X made for Gil Hebard.  I do some red dots too but the Burris have been my go to since the mid 80s.  I'll own up to never breaking 890 or 2650 but did shoot an 886 and a 2624.  Keep your eye out and wait for the Gil Hebard version.  FWIW I like the 2X best.  The 1X actually makes the target look smaller..

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by joem5636 on 2/1/2020, 8:04 am

Crosman sells a pistol scope with very long eye relief. Cheap enough to try out. It is between 1X and 2X.

joem5636

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives on 2/1/2020, 9:33 am

With Mr. cranksters logic all red dots would be no good to because people sell their red dots right ? ? Lol
Alls good ya maybe 2x Burris
If I can’t see the red dot it is worthless to me
I’ll try a scope if that doesn’t work I’ll go shoot 10 cans somewhere
I can almost do open site ,problem is this for the last 20 years I have not aimed a pistol I instinctively shoot combat pistol and have not aimed in years can do fine hitting plates and anything 12 x 12 at 50 yards But a target is a lot harder for me I have to am so I have to go back to fundamentals which I needed to do anyways because I have an acquired a jerk no not my wife standing next to me lol
Anyways if anybody knows where I can get a 2X Gil h scope ring in please
And yes I know there’s a lot of cool scopes out there I really like the halosun 507 c with 32 moa circle and 2 moa dot or cluster as I call it works ok ,you know the circle thing with you are mined is liking a circle over a circle over a circle symmetrical Thing
Looks like the holosun would do really good I guess RMR’s just are not a bull’s-eye thing
tried the little glasses thing no good on the little dot I can see it for open sites maybe that might be what I have to do

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by radjag on 2/1/2020, 10:01 am

Dear Ironarmknives,

I have found it very hard to know what I want till I actually try something on a gun and figure it out (mostly) by myself. This rather unscientific approach has indeed cost me quite a lot of time and money, but at least I can now stand on the (somewhat) high ground and know that I tried this or that.

So, there are lots of cheap "clones" out there like this:-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CVLIFE-1X22X33-Red-Green-Dot-Gun-Sight-Scope-Reflex-Sight-with-20mm-Rail/164059031665?epid=11021007044&hash=item2632ae2871:g:LFcAAOSwcwpeNLFf

Don't let other folks tell ya they are cheap made in China rubbish - almost everything is made in China - probably in the same factories! The point is that these have multiple reticules and red/green option. They are great to experiment with and try to better understand what works, etc. Just my humble opinion.

radjag

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 2/1/2020, 11:56 am

The 30 mm Millet red dot is pretty in-expensive and has a easy to see dot. I have expensive dots that look like starbursts (cheap ones too) but the Millet may be the roundest of the bunch. I have also tried my share of pistol scopes. Vortex made one that was light and not expensive but cross hairs just would not focus. The Leupold 2x is good for everything. Redfield and Burris good scopes. The surprising find was the 30mm Tasco Pro. They are discontinued but still easy to find. They are a short tube 30mm with about a 1 min dot and tiny thin reticles inside. I don't have it mounted on anything right now because I use it to test everything. I had it mounted on a 41 for a long time but kept pulling it off to test different loads on different guns. You could keep your eyes open for one of them.

Tasco on left
WTB. Burris 1x scope 20180220

Bit of a size comparison. Leupold, 9000, Tasco, Ultradot and a Valdada. Kinda distorted by distance.
WTB. Burris 1x scope Extra_12
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by twl on 2/1/2020, 2:46 pm

Weighing in on the Burris 1X Gil Herbert Scope .. I have one (difficult to find) and it is awesome.  I also shoot red dots (Aimpoint H2's) and actually find the Burris easier to manage in bullseye because the dot is black and you only see the wobble outside the black ring of the target.  You don't have the red dot dancing within the black as a distraction.  Truth be told though, I shoot the reddots in 2700 matches because i only have one Gil Herbert Scope!
twl
twl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape on 2/1/2020, 2:54 pm

I am new to Gil Herbert scope.  Can someone please explain and post pics or links?  Idea of black dot is awesome as it reduces trying to catch a moment in the wobble zone.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 on 2/1/2020, 4:31 pm

The Gil Hebard scope dot is supposedly 8 MOA. If I remember correctly, it was designed so that, with a .45, at 50 yards, IF the gun was sighted in and accurate, a shot that went off when the dot was completely inside the black, it would be a 10 or X. Assuming correct follow through and the bullseye gods looking down favorably............

I still have 4 or 5 of them, I believe. Too heavy for me in my old age, but my son likes them.
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett on 2/1/2020, 5:36 pm

I have a friend who has nothing but 1X Leupolds with custom dots that are 8MOA.  He really does well with them but has commented that the weight of a scope really adds up versus that weight of most red dots.  Since breaking my right wrist and then 9 months later my right humorous the weight of a scope is a no go for me and the last break was over 2 years ago.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives on 2/1/2020, 7:35 pm

I am sure that I will get a Burris 1x at some point and a red dot
I think I first have to psych myself up to not follow the dot at all and look at the target that little bouncing red dot has made some pretty bad shooters it seems they forget to become the arrow and their reacting to the dot instead of being the arrow I am afraid of being that guy target shooting so I will stay with a scope and not do red dot most likely i’m going to try the little eyeglasses small hole thing I learned in Panama just to stay iron as long as I can then Burris 1 or 2x if that don’t work then I’ll just shoot 10 cans in the north 40
I am doing it just to meet people , live in Idaho by myself don’t meet people too often . I figured the bull’s-eye shooting would challenge my self and bring back my fundamentals

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives on 2/2/2020, 11:26 am

Think I got a Burris 1x
Thanks to one of the members here

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives on 2/10/2020, 2:31 pm

Thank you Lee Williams you’re a very nice man no matter what anybody else says about you the scope I got is beautiful everything is in perfect condition as I bought it brand new
WOW Nice somebody does what they say they’re going to do I’m gonna like the site

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 on 2/10/2020, 5:35 pm

"BJP"
For all of you younger shooters "BJP" is "before Joe Pascarella". Joe changed BE. Can that be said of anyone else?
Anyhow before JP we would see a scope "once in a while" and that means Cranky Thunder exaggerated as to how many there were.

I recall ONE. From MI (does that explain it?). He came to a match at Oak Harbor and the scope caused a big discussion...the result  "just too shaky" in spite of the gent explaining he had shot a 295 or 6 the previous wk.

Then came Joe P... w/a new TF technique for the .45. Shoot the 1st shot, scope, then shoot the rest @ the proper location determined by the 1st shot

Joe finishes 2nd in NM because "someone scored an "X"  thus " / ". Next yr Joe wins NM. Next yr AMU shoots red dots, as do most of us and Joe wins again. Following years are referred to as "AJP" !!

And these were the great days of BullsEye!!

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironarmknives on 2/10/2020, 5:55 pm

Lol ok
Scope is on and man “nice “is all I can say
I can see that little black dot clear as can be ,much better than my open sites , no little bouncing red dot ,don’t need no shooting aids in my eyes on my eyes are around my eyes
Seems like I can hold the 1X pretty steady , I can see the crosshairs which makes lining up the shot nice
For me it’s much better than the red dot
I am a very happy old man today
I can see

Ironarmknives

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle on 2/11/2020, 7:04 am

Good deal... 
 On the scope thought.  I remember when the original Joe Chambers showed me a slide mounted Burris 2X.  Had him build me one that I shot for a few years.  IMHO the bright spot for scope shooting was Butch (Patrick) Powell.  He shot the, Joe Chambers built, slide mounted Burris, as an ALL National Guard Team member for many years.  He was a solid 2650 shooter with the Burris.   Didn't get a chance to talk to him about why, but he did eventually switch to red dots and became a 2670 Club member.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum