Mantis X dry firing training system.

Go down

Mantis X dry firing training system. Empty Mantis X dry firing training system.

Post by IT1 Wes on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 am

Speaking of dry firing, has anyone tried the Mantis X dry firing training system? They're up to the X 10 version which tracks your live firing at the range, but you can still get the X2 version for in home only dry firing. It's only $99. It does require some sort of rail or sight mount.
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

https://bookspublicdomain.com

Back to top Go down

Mantis X dry firing training system. Empty Re: Mantis X dry firing training system.

Post by javaduke on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:45 am

I have one and I like it. It came with a plastic picatinny rail which I glued to the bottom of the 1911 magazine. The app has many different training modes but I only use the open training.

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Mantis X dry firing training system. Empty Re: Mantis X dry firing training system.

Post by frazitl2 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:38 pm

My better half bought me one for Christmas and I find it really helpful.  Really good feedback on good shots vs bad, and tracks my (somewhat uneven) progress.  The X10 has lots of options, but I too use the open training strong hand only almost exclusively.  Was having inconsistent shot sensing especially with Nelson 22 conversion on steel 1911 frame with ultradot.  Great customer service has it sorted out through online examination of my shot data.

frazitl2

Back to top Go down

Post by cuslog on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:44 pm

I bought one almost 2 years ago now -- used it quite a bit for the first few months, was quite impressed with what you get for the $.
Really quite good feedback on flinching or jerking the trigger (especially for the $)
Then I bought a high end air pistol and set up an indoor range in my basement -- haven't used the Mantis X since - but of course, the A/P was more money.
If you don't have the $ for a quality A/P, then a Mantis X would be a close second choice (for me anyway).

cuslog

Back to top Go down

Post by aub1957 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm

I bought one last year and have it mounted on an M45a1 for dry fire practice. I think I paid $150 for it. Love it. It is great to be able to replay and analyze your shots.

Need to buy another one for service rifle.

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:15 am

I’m actually a rep for them. I love their products because you get data from firing and dry firing that can help with improvement. I would email them often with ideas or things to incorporate and eventually they offered me a job haha. I didn’t want to move to Illinois so they asked if I could be an independent rep. I’ve been on board since last summer and have yet to attend any events for them lol, too busy with full time job. But I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have if you private message me. I use a NCstar rail attached to the front of the trigger guard located under the dust cover. It works great and is cheap. Mantis also sells adapters to attach to magazines but I think the way I do it is better. Mantis X dry firing training system. 09a2c110
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:19 pm

How is the data collected off the unit - by plugging it into a computer via USB or does it require a "smartphone app?"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2019/09/06/exclusive-feds-demand-apple-and-google-hand-over-names-of-10000-users-of-a-gun-scope-app/#40f052f62423

SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:32 pm

It does require a smartphone app and it is connected to the phone via Bluetooth. As far as I understand, the data is stored locally on your phone, but you can create a free account and share your results with other people (which I'm too embarrassed to do, lol Wink)

javaduke

https://bullseyepistolblog.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Bluetooth to phone. Not only can you share with friends but you can make fun challenges.
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by frazitl2 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:19 pm

David,

Regarding a Mantis X10, I'm using the rail adapter on the magazines for a caspian 45 and a colt gold cup frame with a Nelson 22 conversion.  Getting pretty consistent shot recognition but usually 8 out of ten with the 22 after some help with a custom app from Mantis.  What advantages are you seeing with NCstar rail?
Thanks in advance...

frazitl2

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:26 pm

I can’t really compare the two because I never tried the magazine adapter. The reason I never considered using their mag adapter was because I wanted to use the device during live fire as well. If it’s stuck to a mag then you can only use it for half of your shots on the short line. I’ve never had issues with the device not recognizing shots when I use it on my Nelson conversion with the ncstar rail.
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by frazitl2 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 am

Ordered one. Thanks

frazitl2

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:13 am

frazitl2 wrote:Ordered one.  Thanks
Let us know your thoughts. I’m going to play around with the recoil analysis(X10 model) during live fire some more coming up soon. I’d like to get pros and cons of that if you or anyone else plays with it.
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by dapduh2 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:20 pm

I went to the range during my lunch break today to play with the recoil meter option on the Mantis X10. Basically it breaks it down like this. 

You can view each shot individually for recovery time, degree muzzle rise, degree recoil width, and degree recoil angle. It also averages them all over the course of however many rounds you decide to shoot for that particular session. Example of muzzle rise on my 19th shot pictured.Mantis X dry firing training system. 3b3aa910

Last edited by dapduh2 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double picture removed)
dapduh2
dapduh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum