Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot going off during the buzzer

+6
dronning
willnewton
Mike38
cdrt
LenV
kayakr
10 posters

Go down

Shot going off during the buzzer Empty Shot going off during the buzzer

Post by kayakr 2/7/2020, 11:27 am

What is the rule for processing a final shot that goes off while the finish buzzer is sounding with the bullseye app?  Is that scored as a late shot or is it late after the buzzer completes? I've looked around but don't see something specific beyond the rules saying "must stop immediately"

https://compete.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/Pistol/pistol-book.pdf

kayakr

Back to top Go down

Shot going off during the buzzer Empty Re: Shot going off during the buzzer

Post by LenV 2/7/2020, 11:39 am

It's like golf. If your doing this in training and the shot goes off late and your sure you got it off in time then count it. If you know in your heart it was late late then don't. Your keeping your own score. Be honest with yourself. Like golf... Then throw away your best shot out of the 10. That's the hard part.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 2/7/2020, 11:42 am

Unless it's for a CMP match.  They count late shots, unlike the NRA.  Just one more conflicting rule between them. Crying or Very sad
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 2/7/2020, 12:51 pm

Good question. On turning targets, as long as the shot hits paper, even skids, it counts doesn't it? So on turning targets, late doesn't start when the target starts to turn. Late is when the target stops it's turn. So would it be the same for a buzzer, late is when the buzzer stops?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 2/7/2020, 12:57 pm

We are very informal about it because we don’t shoot sanctioned matches or have target turners.

If we hear a bang during the finish buzzer, we count it.

If you hear silence then BANG, well...we give you a really hard time about it and spend the rest of the match making jokes about you.

Lord help you if you let one go before the first buzzer. Weeks of jokes about “premature load” at your expense will follow.  That is what friends are for!

lol!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 2/7/2020, 1:34 pm

A few years ago a couple of shots went off on the Load Command and 1 more before the target turned all during the same RF match.  To follow that up the one alibi that was called had a UD.

Which brings up a question if you have an unintentional discharge while you are trying to clear your gun from an alibi (after it was approved) what happens? 

- Dave
FYI he followed safety rules and it was a "safe" UD.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 2/7/2020, 1:56 pm

We had a time when the targets did not turn.  I count in my head and fire.  I hit the edge of the target stand perfect.  I took a 9 shot score.

Another time this happened and the RO allowed one person to add the round because of faulty equipment.  

I do not shoot NRA matches, there are none in my area.  I do shoot 2 matches a week.  Shots during the buzzer are fine both start and finish.  Anything else gets your balls busted.     

I have a heck of a time working with a Buzzer.  The match we shoot outdoors on Monday night the RO Calls the match and  Yells FIRE!  It gets me every time. I FIRE! instead of just squeeze one off. Then I pull one  and my timing is messed up.  Been working on that all winter.  

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 2/7/2020, 2:23 pm

Seeing as the targets have to face for the entire 10 or 20 seconds sustained fire period, if your shot goes off during the buzzer, the targets would not yet have begun to edge. Most of the ranges I've shot at, you would probably have an additional 1/4-1/2 second at each end of the time period (depending on turning speed), that a shot could make the scoring rings.

I know my trigger press gets more aggressive as soon as I count to 3 and see the targets begin to turn.

Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/8/2020, 9:24 am

In theory you need to stop when the signal is given, not after (it's a command not a suggestion). This means the start of the buzzer is "go" at the beginning and "stop" at the completion.

However, human reaction time is somewhere north of 100 milliseconds. So there's some room for interpretation. Bottom line, obey the command as immediately as humanly possible.
-TT-
-TT-

TargetShooter27 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 2/8/2020, 10:00 am

There's Close, and then there's Late, you know when.

Premature ejection.....you know who, and when, so no issue. -1 shot

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down