Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems

3 posters

Go down

Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems Empty Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems

Post by mikemyers 2/13/2020, 9:42 pm

Fifteen and a half minutes into this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWtFtHaTfz8 ) there is a video illustration of some of the problems some people have been having with Nelson conversion kits.  I just found this video by accident, but I'll remember to check this when I get my own Nelson kit working again.

Larry Nelson explained this on the phone to me several times, and I sort of understood what he meant, but this video makes it perfectly clear.

(My own Nelson kit had feeding problems we couldn't resolve.  I sent the kit back, and when Larry and Kevin couldn't figure it out, they sent me a new kit.  The best theory at the time was that there was a defect in the chamber, causing the chamber to attract "dirt", to the point where it failed to load, and when I took it home, it failed the "plunk test".)

The only reason why I'm posting this thread, is so others with Nelson kits can see exactly what the problems are that Larry explains on the phone.  I'll also try to place my gun on a rest, and see if it pushes up on the magazine like in the video.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems Empty Re: Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems

Post by james r chapman 2/14/2020, 5:06 am

Suggest skipping to 15:50
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems Empty Re: Nelson Conversion Kit - Solving some interference problems

Post by jmdavis 2/14/2020, 10:24 am

As Jerry Keefer told me some years ago, magazines need to be fitted. This is especially true with conversion magazines that can move around in the mag well changing the feed angles. Consistent accuracy requires consistent feeding. 

The reason for the discussion was that both my Pardini and Benelli were having issues and I asked Jerry about switching to a conversion 2 weeks before Perry. He helped me get both Italian pistols running correctly. I have since mostly shot the conversion, but there is minimal movement in the mag well.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 2/14/2020, 11:07 am

On my conversion (Nelson) I’ve found if I load mag with slide closed, then chamber I maintain 100% reliability
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down