Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

3 posters

Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by zanemoseley Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm

I just got a like new 208S and got a brand new LGI scope mount for it. The mount is very nice but wants to slide forward with use. Today I torqued the set screws to 50 inch pounds and it still moved forward about 1/8" over 200 rounds of RWS Target pistol.

Should I try anything aside from just torquing it more?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Re: Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by DA/SA Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Thin paper between the sliding surfaces should stop it.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Re: Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by zanemoseley Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Hmm...  I'll see if a piece of paper will fit in there. I'm loving this pistol, I shot 150 rounds of timed fire today and averaged 99.0%. Now I gotta get my SF scores up.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 am

It has been a long time since I had to tighten my Knapp scope mount. I remember asking Mr. Knapp how to do this and if I remember correctly, he said to remove the scope mount from the pistol and tighten the large allen head screw a little at a time. Loosen the screw and slide the scope mount back onto the pistol and tighten it down. It might require a little trial and error.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 am

BE Mike wrote:It has been a long time since I had to tighten my Knapp scope mount. I remember asking Mr. Knapp how to do this and if I remember correctly, he said to remove the scope mount from the pistol and tighten the large allen head screw a little at a time. Loosen the screw and slide the scope mount back onto the pistol and tighten it down. It might require a little trial and error.
Makes sense, slowly expand the aluminum till its a tighter fit. I'll give it a shot.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down