Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by zanemoseley on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:01 pm

I just got a like new 208S and got a brand new LGI scope mount for it. The mount is very nice but wants to slide forward with use. Today I torqued the set screws to 50 inch pounds and it still moved forward about 1/8" over 200 rounds of RWS Target pistol.

Should I try anything aside from just torquing it more?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Re: Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by DA/SA on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Thin paper between the sliding surfaces should stop it.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward.. Empty Re: Larry's 208S scope mount sliding forward..

Post by zanemoseley on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Hmm...  I'll see if a piece of paper will fit in there. I'm loving this pistol, I shot 150 rounds of timed fire today and averaged 99.0%. Now I gotta get my SF scores up.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:15 am

It has been a long time since I had to tighten my Knapp scope mount. I remember asking Mr. Knapp how to do this and if I remember correctly, he said to remove the scope mount from the pistol and tighten the large allen head screw a little at a time. Loosen the screw and slide the scope mount back onto the pistol and tighten it down. It might require a little trial and error.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 am

BE Mike wrote:It has been a long time since I had to tighten my Knapp scope mount. I remember asking Mr. Knapp how to do this and if I remember correctly, he said to remove the scope mount from the pistol and tighten the large allen head screw a little at a time. Loosen the screw and slide the scope mount back onto the pistol and tighten it down. It might require a little trial and error.
Makes sense, slowly expand the aluminum till its a tighter fit. I'll give it a shot.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum