What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 3 Empty What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by smsnyder on 3/23/2020, 8:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 3 Empty Re: What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by lakemurrayman on 3/26/2020, 5:44 pm

How many actually practice with their carry guns and how often ?

lakemurrayman

Back to top Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 3 Empty carry practice

Post by STEVE SAMELAK on 3/26/2020, 6:55 pm

lakemurrayman wrote:How many actually practice with their carry guns and how often ?
monthly combat matches in winter, weekly when it's warm
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day? - Page 3 Empty Re: What make model and caliber pistol due you carry every day?

Post by PhotoEscape on 3/26/2020, 6:56 pm

Funny you asked.  I help to my range where I'm a member with managing recycling of brass.  That sounds very intelligent, but in real life it is nothing but...  Once a month I down on full hazmat gear, and sort and clean about 1500-2000 pounds of range brass, or rather brass and whatever garbage folks feel in a mood to leave behind.  Without much deliberation, I literally have thousands of live rounds that I need to dispose one way or another.  Majority comes in 22LR, 9mm and 5.56 NATO / 223.  So about every three or so months, I take one or another designated for the purpose firearm, and go through tactical training using such ammo.  I can hear voices cautioning against doing such.  Calm down folks, - I'm not a kamikaze on suicide mission.  I know that mine sweeper has only one mistake to make.  My QC of the ammo is very strict.  So here you are - one of my designated firearms is my G19, that I carry quite often (obviously not loaded with the garbage), another one is one of the M4s (otherwise home defense bound) and trusted Browning Buckmark UDX for 22, - my defense weapon from aggressive gray squirrels (Jim - I could not resist! Smile).   

One interesting point I want to make.  I deliberately use rounds that will create malfunction of the firearm, jamming it one way or another.  This provides me with opportunity to clear malfunction during drills, and I'm trying to do it one handed when possible.

It is fun!

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum