Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herrett trainer grips

Go down

Herrett trainer grips Empty Herrett trainer grips

Post by LenV on 4/8/2020, 6:40 pm

These look unique. These are for sale on E-bay. Going really soon. NFI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Herretts-Trainer-Grips-for-S-W-Model-41/164149188324?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Herrett trainer grips S-l1600
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Herrett trainer grips Empty Re: Herrett trainer grips

Post by Tripscape on 4/8/2020, 8:39 pm

Is there any specific reason people use these grips to train for 1911? What I mean is - ok I understand you want to use 22lr to train for 1911, so why not buy a conversion top and train with native frame and trigger setup? If you have any other platform then fitting it into 1911 "box" still doesn't work. Different trigger, different weight distribution, even these 1911 grips still have different feel than actual 1911. Same on FWB and Hammerli's. So training with those for 1911 is still "off". The other way around, meaning you use 1911 grips on these platforms for the sake of being used to 1911 still feels "off". Then why not just enjoy the platform for what it is? M41, Hammerli, Walther and FWB grips are amazing in their own right. Euro guns with a rake are great too, love or hate the rake you can change the grip angle but keep it styled to the platform, not trying to change it into 1911. Just my own blabbering thoughts Smile  I love(d) Pardini, FAS, Hammerli and M41 as they are, but for 1911 I have a separate well tuned conversion top which I love just as much )) I wouldn't dare to substitute.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere on 4/9/2020, 7:53 am

I use them because they fit my hand better than the stock grips.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian on 4/9/2020, 8:06 am

They are still available from Clark, I bought a pair last year. https://clarkcustomguns.com/product/herrett-sw-41-grips/
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 4/9/2020, 8:28 am

This commercial post is evolving into a fundamental topic.  Surprised   

Yes, I run a conversion on a 1911 frame too; but other people don't and sometimes I shoot something different just to reinforce the fundamentals. 

Why not "dare" it.  We've got little to lose if it doesn't work out and potentially lots to gain.  One of the fundamentals of training is learning how to train.  Learning how to train includes reviewing old things and considering new ones, especially when you hit a plateau.  

“Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Or "We can never know if we will like that flavor if we don't taste it."

Just some thoughts while hoping someone else decides to by those grips before I get another pair for the guns in the safe I don't shoot so much but have lots of stuff for anyway......

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Bersch on 4/9/2020, 10:41 am

Outthere wrote:I use them because they fit my hand better than the stock grips.
Ditto.  I found the stock grips much too large for my hand......nothing to do with training for the 1911 although the fit is quite similar.  Of course I had to wait over 4 weeks at the time I ordered them.
Ray Bersch
Ray Bersch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape on 4/9/2020, 11:31 am

Ray Bersch wrote:
Outthere wrote:I use them because they fit my hand better than the stock grips.
Ditto.  I found the stock grips much too large for my hand......nothing to do with training for the 1911 although the fit is quite similar.  Of course I had to wait over 4 weeks at the time I ordered them.

Ahhh that makes sense!

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum