Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone own a Sig P210

+3
tovaert
JayhawkNavy02
smsnyder
7 posters

Go down

Anyone own a Sig P210 Empty Anyone own a Sig P210

Post by smsnyder Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Would like to hear what you think of the 9mm pistol.  Standard or target model? Thanks

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Anyone own a Sig P210 Empty Re: Anyone own a Sig P210

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:00 pm

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t13576-sig-210-a-anyone-trying-one?highlight=P210+trigger  

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t14295-sig-p210a-changing-the-trigger-return-spring-sear-adjustment?highlight=P210+trigger 

P210-A (USA made) target model trigger is nice, but too light for CMP EIC Service Pistol. Follow Tim Ovaert's excellent guide and it is relatively easy to put a heavier return spring in to fix that. Dawson Precision sell various width front sights, got the narrowest one and it improved the sight picture for me. OEM target grip was too big for my medium hand, several options available on line, but I had to sand down even the thinnest in order to get a comfortable solid grip. Shoots OK with good ammo now. But, overall, the same story as I related about 1911 9mm's, sadly.

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Mine is set up pretty well now. I just wish I could get out and practice more. I recently installed a slightly lighter trigger spring I had laying around (I could get more, but there is a $40 minimum order quantity), but then dialed-up the sear engagement a few degrees which also increases the pull weight. Disassembled the hammer bloc unit and polished everything. Right now it's about 3-1/4 to 3-1/2# first stage, and 3/4# second stage. I'm thinking of making some of my guide rods so you can install the heavier CGW P-01 recoil spring, and tighten the lockup. Much better recoil control with stouter loads. Again, if there's sufficient interest. Armory Craft is supposed to come out with their G-10 and wood grips soon...my current ones are from Grips4U.net, and they fit me pretty well.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri May 01, 2020 5:40 pm

An engineer friend, who is very particular about his guns, has the target model and really likes it for informal target shooting. I'm considering one based upon his feedback.  I shot a Swiss P210/m49 yesterday belonging to a collector friend and loved that gun.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone own a Sig P210 Empty Competition grips for SIg 210-A

Post by DHMG1 Fri May 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Anyone own a Sig P210 Sig_p-18

DHMG1

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm

I got a deal on a P210A Standard $980 if I recall, same as the Target minus the front slide serrations, adjustable rear sight and has the smaller grips which fit my medium hands well. The lack of adjustable rear sight was no problem as I planned on using a dot.

Turned out nicely with the the Vortex Venom dot. Very impressed with the slide and barrel fit for the money. Trigger is amazing. For me it's too light to really consider it for match use bit great for informal target shooting.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t14239-pics-of-vortex-venom-mounted-on-sig-p210a-standard

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Mon May 04, 2020 12:01 am

Zane, that's a pretty sweet setup.  I've thought about getting one for informal shooting as well.  Sounds like you're happy with yours.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed May 06, 2020 4:57 pm

The Sig P210 target is an outstanding pistol. Shot a 10 shot group today . 10 shot group was under an inch at 50 feet off hand.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 pm

smsnyder wrote:The Sig P210 target is an outstanding pistol. Shot a 10 shot group today . 10 shot group was under an inch at 50 feet off hand.
pictures, or it didn't happen!

lol!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2020 6:28 pm

What ammo?

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed May 06, 2020 8:28 pm

CCI/Speer 115 grain full metal jacket 9mm ammo was used on this sig P210 pistol. Open sights two hand hold sitting down.  The pistol will shoot better than i can hold it. The rear adjustable sight is outstanding and small green fiber optic front sight is easy to see. The rear sight adjustments is extremely accurate. One of the finest 9mm target guns out there.  Another great pistol is CZ Shadow Accu shadow 9mm. Both pistols have inside guide rails. Super smooth and great triggers on both guns. The CZ is a heavier pistol. The CZ is a double/ single action. The Sig P 210 is single action. The best trigger was the CZ about 3 pounds or less. The Sig was about 3 1/2 pounds. I would say the Sig p210 was a shade more accurate than the CZ but not by much. The average guy would never notice the difference.  The most accurate pistol i own without a doubt is the Pardini SP 22. It also has the best trigger on the planet. Dime size groups are possible with this pistol off sand bags at 50 feet. I forgot. I like the front sight on the Sig P210 better. Both pistols have fiber optic front sight but the sig front sight is smaller. Another great pistol i own is the Cz Dan Wesson Pointman 45. Super quality build on this pistol. Love everything about. Love to see those big holes in the paper. LOL

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 pm

Anyone own a Sig P210 20200131

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed May 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Best group i ever shot with a pistol. The holes were just over the diameter of the bullet size. Amazing from a pistol. This is from a Pardini Sp 22 at 50 feet. I just like to test different guns as a hobbie. Fly's are in trouble.  LOL    Lifetime member NRA/ATA

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Jim Chapman screams "pictures - or it didn't happen!".

Hmmm, maybe a bit harsh, but his point is well taken. And all in good humour, of course.

It just so happens that this afternoon I was at the range doing some 9mm ammo development testing with my SIG P210 Target (standard target iron sights). I have both photos and chrono data! I guess that smsnyder is a much more skilful bench rest shooter than I, cause my best group (with Atlanta Arms Elite 115JHP ammo) is about 1 1/2"- even after discounting a flyer ( I had to use the 5" splash targets cause of shooting iron sights set at 6 o'clock hold).
Anyone own a Sig P210 06may212
Most of my other groups (45' range, using two hands on a Caldwell Pistolero rest and shooting over the chrono ) were about 1 3/4".

I really like the P210, it is a well made, tightly fitted, attractive pistol. And, I do agree with smsyder that it is an accurate gun (in it's class).  But, as I stated previously, it is quite light and therefore recoil with good ammo is very snappy. Perfectly fine for plinking and having fun, but it is not my first choice for competition. 

It also happens that I was testing some new Eley Bullseye Pistol X 22LR in my Pardini SP22 (with 1" UD). This is the best group I got with that - about 9/16" - ignore one flyer and it is probably about 7/16"-but the other two brands of 22LR ammo I tried produced much the same single ragged hole - need to test again at fifty yards to sort the "men from the boys":-
Anyone own a Sig P210 06may211

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder Wed May 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Radjag,  Outstanding shooting. Keep testing as i often do with different ammo. Some ammo will surprise you at times. I agree the Sig P210 is snappy in 9mm compared to the CZ Shadow because of a huge weight difference. My first choice without a doubt for competition would be the CZ Shadow Orange 9mm. Maybe. I just got lucky today with the Sig P210 groups . Without a doubt, the Pardini is the most accurate pistol i ever shot at 50 feet.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down