Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eley Pistol X Ammunition

+15
Dan Webb
TonyH
orpheoet
john bickar
Mike38
swissyhawk
jglenn21
tray999
mikemargolis
Multiracer
Jwhelan939
james r chapman
xman
dpelletier
CrankyThunder
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eley Pistol X Ammunition Empty Eley Pistol X Ammunition

Post by CrankyThunder 4/23/2020, 12:04 pm

Ok, Pardini USA is peddling Eley Pistol X Ammunition. I assume that this is the ammo that they would recommend for Pardini Pistols.  

Unfortunately, you can only get it in the case quantity and it is double the price of CCI SV which is my standard ammo.  

I searched for it using a couple of the ammo seeker tools and could not find it available at any of the suppliers, either the familiar ones or the ones that I have never heard of. 

has anybody used this ammo?  What is it like?

Regards, 
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Eley Pistol X Ammunition Empty Re: Eley Pistol X Ammunition

Post by dpelletier 4/23/2020, 12:22 pm

Also curious.... watching :-)

dpelletier

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 4/23/2020, 12:38 pm

Hi Fellow fellow shooter in the east Texas region bought 2000 rounds so it’s not by the case only that I know of.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/23/2020, 12:54 pm

I've got a case on the way - will test and report in due course.

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 4/23/2020, 1:21 pm

Eley Pistol X Ammunition 3fc96810Jon Shue hoards it lol
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 4/23/2020, 3:36 pm

I ordered 2 bricks from them last week?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 4/23/2020, 4:49 pm

james r chapman wrote:Eley Pistol X Ammunition 3fc96810Jon Shue hoards it lol
I like the knife edges on the forks...great idea.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by xman 4/23/2020, 5:45 pm

Now that is truly where his government stimulus money went to unless he’s independently wealthy or sells the ammo at a small marlup .........Just kidding around
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 4/24/2020, 4:47 pm

If you mean Eley Bullseye Pistol X, I bought a brick, not a case, from them not too long ago.

Have a look at this page, they have a brick for $62 and a case for $599

https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/index.php?cPath=66&osCsid=g8bve96kt57trfp4co39hk67q2

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 4/25/2020, 11:06 pm

Not sure about this:

Mean Velocity: 880ft/s - 959ft/s 

I like my velocity at 1070........
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 4/26/2020, 7:22 am

Probably measured out of a pistol verses a rifle barrel
jglenn21
jglenn21

mbmshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 4/26/2020, 9:24 am

I think the Eley product line is a little bloated.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 4/26/2020, 2:39 pm

Is this a "special recipe" for Bullseye Pistol, or a relabeled Match, Team, Club or Target?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 4/26/2020, 2:54 pm

From what I've been told, it's a special recipe, with two different flavors.

I have a box of each waiting for me at my club, but I haven't gone over to get it because I don't have anywhere to shoot it anyhow.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 4/26/2020, 3:16 pm

interesting that it is priced right with Target for the most part. same lube they use for any semi auto
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 4/26/2020, 4:09 pm

This is interesting because my Pardini runs CCI, Aguila, Wolf, SKS, and Geco extremely reliably. However it does not run well with Eley Club. I was surprised and disappointed because Club had been my most accurate ammo out of my 41.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/6/2020, 9:59 pm

The case of Eley Bullseye Pistol X arrived safely today. I took some out the range where I was intending to do some 9mm ammo testing.

Shot over my Caldwell Chrono positioned at about 15' from the bench. With Pardini SP22 5" barrel and 1" UD (recoil and magazine springs almost new) - not cleaned for ~500 rounds, sorry! I had some Aguila Pistol Match and some Aguila Super Extra SV in the box with me, so I shot some of that too for comparison.

The Eley functioned perfectly and is very clean to handle. The Aguila Super Extra SV also functions faultlessly, but I keep having failures to feed the Aguila Pistol Match - strangely, usually only during slow fire after one shot, particularly when the gun is cold or a bit dirty.

Here are the chrono results:-

Description: SP22 ELEY BPX 1
Average: 935.60
StdDev: 19.94
Min: 914
Max: 980

Description: SP22 ELEY BPX 2
Average: 925.00
StdDev: 15.85
Min: 903
Max: 949

Description: SP22 Aguila Pistol Match 1
Average: 939.70
StdDev: 19.82
Min: 915
Max: 974

Description: SP22 Aguila Super Extra 1
Average: 970.50
StdDev: 20.67
Min: 948
Max: 1006

The groups were all basically one ragged hole, arguably one of the Eley groups was tightest at about 9/16", but simply academic at such short range. Need to test again at 50 yards.

I completed my ammo testing and then went on to shoot a 900 with the Eley ammo. It was quite late afternoon, sunny, but with a gusting strong breeze. NRA 50' targets shot at 45' (the limit of my local range).

The first Slow Fire card was this:-
Eley Pistol X Ammunition Eley_b10
The "flyer" at 8'clock just cuts the 10 ring. This is my first ever "clean" slow fire card. Yay!

Sadly the wind got up and I was not able to beat my PB 900 score - but still a very creditable 882 - happy with that and my best so far this year. Absolutely faultless ammo throughout the 900.

So, as far as I am concerned, Eley Bullseye Pistol X is the best 22LR pistol ammo in the world!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 5/7/2020, 12:46 pm

radjag wrote:

Description: SP22 ELEY BPX 1
Average: 935.60
StdDev: 19.94
Min: 914
Max: 980

Description: SP22 ELEY BPX 2
Average: 925.00
StdDev: 15.85
Min: 903
Max: 949
-
Curious what are the differences between BPX 1 and 2? Is there only one type of Eley Bullseye Pistol X or two types? Is that a typo for BOX?

I bought a brick from Pardini, there is no indication that there are more than one type.

By the way, Killough tells me this ammo is only available from Pardini USA, it is basically their private label Eley ammo.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2020, 1:14 pm

Mikemargolis. No, all shot from the same box/batch - just my abbreviation for Bullseye Pistol X target 1, target 2 when I type in a string name for the chrono.

I have to say that my Caldwell Chrono - despite being the latest updated model - is quite unreliable. This particular one has not been dropped or mis-handled in any way and I am very careful to align shots through the lower middle of the "window", but I often get ERR readings for no apparent reason. I am therefore not 100% confident about the FPS readings I'm getting. Very frustrating.

The UPS man just dropped off a case of Eley Action from Killough - it will be interesting to see how that compares to the Eley BPX. I hope to run some over the chrono and shoot a 900 with it this afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 5/7/2020, 1:34 pm

radjag wrote:

The UPS man just dropped off a case of Eley Action from Killough - it will be interesting to see how that compares to the Eley BPX. I hope to run some over the chrono and shoot a 900 with it this afternoon.

VERY curious to see how that goes. I shot 100 rounds of the Action yesterday, and was very pleased with it.

Toying with ordering a case, but that's $275 plus $50 shipping, and I don't need two cases to qualify for the $500 threshold for free shipping.

Anyone in Connecticut want a case of Eley Action?

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 5/7/2020, 8:46 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:Ok, Pardini USA is peddling Eley Pistol X Ammunition. I assume that this is the ammo that they would recommend for Pardini Pistols.  

Unfortunately, you can only get it in the case quantity and it is double the price of CCI SV which is my standard ammo.  

I searched for it using a couple of the ammo seeker tools and could not find it available at any of the suppliers, either the familiar ones or the ones that I have never heard of. 

Regards, 
Cranky
George,
I suggest you buy two cases of this immediately! Ammo made specifically for your Pardini!Very Happy
Tony
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2020, 9:00 pm

Steady now boys. I will post the results of today's testing as soon as I finish dinner🍟🍗

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 5/7/2020, 9:07 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:Ok, Pardini USA is peddling Eley Pistol X Ammunition. I assume that this is the ammo that they would recommend for Pardini Pistols.  

Regards, 
Cranky
It is private label by Eley for Pardini USA, nobody can sell it but them.

I was told that by Killough today.

Killough, as you may know, is owned by Eley, so they should know.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2020, 10:16 pm

So, I crowed about the new Eley Bullseye Pistol X (see above).

This morning the UPS man dropped off a case of Eley Action ordered from Killlough's (owned by Eley). Very fast delivery.

When I got to the range at mid-day it was bright sunshine, but here on the Oregon Coast that usually means the wind will become progressively stronger till evening. So I decided to shoot a practise 900 with the Eley Action first. Very disappointing, Smile Smile Smile Not!

I did not shoot a "clean" SF card like yesterday with the Bullseye Pistol X. But I did get pretty darn close and was able to shot my personal best SF Aggregate of three cards:-
Eley Pistol X Ammunition 22_sf10
I also, amazingly, equalled exactly the same 900 score from yesterday - 882. These two sets are equal to my best so far this year. To do it on two consecutive days with different and new ammo is just amazing.

I then moved on to do some chrono testing. I decided not to shoot off a rest for groups, that is academic at my short range. What I did instead was to shoot standing, one handed, Bullseye style, at roughly Timed Fire pace through the chrono with no target. I then discovered that this can also tell you a lot about the different ammo characteristics - I was surprised - Aguila SE SV is noticeably sharper than the other target ammo. Aguila Pistol Match feels a lot softer (and can suffer failure to feed). Lapua Pistol King is clearly the softest feel, no feeding problems in reasonably warm weather, but I now have an explanation as to why I had some problems with my MG2 in the February Sectionals. Grrr...

The contestants:-
Eley Pistol X Ammunition 22_amm10
This comprises all of the 22 ammo I had in stock - the CCI Clean was bought to use at an indoor range where uncoated lead ammo is not permitted - it is definitely not match quality, but I wanted to see how it performed over the chrono. The results:-
Eley Pistol X Ammunition 22_p110
Eley Pistol X Ammunition 22_p210
Eley Pistol X Ammunition 22_p310
I had no failures or mechanical problems with any of this ammo on this nice sunny day. All of it ejected and fed smoothly. Most of the brass popped out nicely into my net.

As you can see, the Bullseye Pistol X is somewhat faster than the Eley Action, quite close to CCI SV actually. Both of the Eley types felt smoother to me than the CCI SV, but that is purely subjective. The Eley Action seems to be quite comparable with Eley Target.

Had I known about the Eley Action at the time when I discovered that Aguila SE SV was not available I would have definitely preferred to order Action rather than the (5 cases - grrrr....) of Aguila Pistol Match now in my gun room. Ho hum!

Is the Bullseye Pistol X superior to Eley Action? Impossible for me to judge when shooting on a 45' range. In due course some High Masters will no doubt do more quantitative testing at 50 yards. But based on my very limited testing they both shoot extremely well and obviously suit the Pardini. I have not yet had a chance to try them in my MG2 - this weekend most likely.

My opinion right now - I would use Eley Bullseye Pistol X for competition and Eley Action for practise. If I could easily offload all of the Aguila Pistol Match I now have in stock I would do so. Grrrr........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2020, 11:51 pm

Sorry - I'm duplicating this text on two threads - here and on the Eley Action thread, but I think that folks want to see the conclusion of this story.

I tried the Eley Action in my MG2 today. I did have one peculiar FTE in the very first string - maybe because of cold (and slightly dirty) gun, no problems thereafter.

I first shot one complete 900 with Eley Action. Results were very similar to what I got from my Pardini yesterday. 877 with a very high TF/RF x-count of 32. I was not feeling quite "on my game" today compared to yesterday and so this is about as good as I can shoot. I am not a High Master, but have managed to achieve HM scores with both Pardini and MG2 with this Eley Action.

I then shot a second 900 - I intended to use Eley Bullseye Pistol X, but then found that I only had 10 rounds of that in my ammo box, so I then shot 4 cards with Eley Action and the remaining 4 cards with Eley Target (which appears to be essentially the same as Eley Action). 880 with 37x TF/RF.

I think that the MG2 runs better with slightly hotter ammo. Aguila Super Extra SV suits it well, the slightly softer (and much like Eley Action) Aguila Pistol Match does not run smoothly, quite a few FTE's with Pistol Match over the past few weeks.

This is rather subjective, but I feel that Eley Bullseye Pistol X suits the MG2 better than Eley Action. I will take more to the range on my next visit and do a 900 with BPX. I will also clean the gun (I hate doing that) and try Eley Action again.

But, an 877 and an 880 on consecutive 900's with the MG2 and with Eley ammo is very, very positive for me. The 880 is my PB with the MG2 and I had a 98 and a 97 in SF with Eley Action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next