Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition

Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/3/2020, 3:09 pm

Thanks for the opportunity to join the Bullseye Forum. I was referred to your Forum by a proud owner of a S&W Model 52-2, who informed me this was the ideal Forum to sell my 52-2 since its members focused on high quality, precision target pistols. A brief introduction first – I’m retired US Army and a proud member of the NRA and the S&W Collectors Association. I also follow the Virginia Gun Trader Forum and the S&W, Colt, 1911, CZ, and The Firing Line Forums - and I've bought and sold handguns in two of these Forums plus on Gunbroker. So, why sell this magnificent firearm, arguably one of the most accurate target pistols ever produced in the USA? Well, soon after inheriting this fine pistol, I quickly learned it was more of a firearm than I would ever appreciate. I primarily shoot a Colt Gold Cup 1911, a CZ 75, and a S&W Performance Center 627. Moving up to a 52-2 just did not feel right for my basic handgun skills. So, who better to pass it to than a veteran target shooter from the Bullseye Forum who will appreciate its truly magnificent handling, its flawless functionality, its remarkable accuracy, and its timeless value. Therefore, what I’m selling is a rare, collector quality S&W Model 52-2 .38 Master shipped from the factory in April 1993.  It is a match-grade target SAO pistol with flawless factory original checkered walnut grips with S&W silver medallions.  As an experienced buyer would expect from an unfired-by-owner S&W semi-auto, its unblemished steel barrel and feed ramp glisten like highly polished chrome and it has a smooth, bright, crystal clear, mirror reflecting bore with razor sharp and uniform rifling. The S&W Bright Blue finish on this 27-year old Model 52-2 is at least 98% - it’s unfired but has been handled occasionally to appreciate its Performance Center level of refinement. There is one insignificant handling mark on the right side slide that is only visible under direct light and when held at a precise angle. It has a Patridge front sight, a S&W Micrometer adjustable rear sight, and an adjustable trigger stop. The slide rear, front strap, trigger, and hammer spur are serrated while the rear strap is checkered. It shipped with one 5-round magazine with steel follower and it comes with the original box numbered to this pistol along with the original papers and an unused tool kit. The factory provided manual is for generic S&W centerfire pistols, so a seller provided copy of the factory instructions, specific to the Model 52, has been added. The accuracy of this model 52-2 is legendary; each individual pistol was factory test fired for 10-ring groups or better from a 50-yard machine rest. This 52-2 would be ideal for a discriminating shooter who appreciates precision firearms and who enjoys the ultimate thrill of firing one. More pics upon request. $1465 with $35 for shipping 
Attachments
SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Attachment
52-2.1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(74 Kb) Downloaded 33 times
SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Attachment
52-2.2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(71 Kb) Downloaded 18 times
52-2.4.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(74 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
52-2.5.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(102 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
52-2.3.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(85 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Last edited by Handgunner00 on 5/8/2020, 6:37 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pics.)

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty S&W 52-2

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/4/2020, 3:19 pm

A great buy here at a very reasonable price.
Attachments
52-2.6.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(109 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
52-2.7.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(64 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
52-2.8.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(60 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
52-2.9.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(72 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
52-2.10.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(70 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty Re: SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition

Post by Dcforman on 5/4/2020, 3:54 pm

Just a friendly suggestion... Gun looks great, but folks on here are going to be a little wary purchasing from a first time poster. Perhaps include a little about who you are, why you're selling, what drew you to this board, any other forums you're active on, etc.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty Re: SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/4/2020, 4:29 pm

Great suggestion. Thanks.

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty WTS: Near-Mint S&W 52-2 - Factory Test Fired Only

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/5/2020, 3:32 pm

Am very impressed with the Bullseye Forum; wish I had discovered it sooner!
Attachments
52-2.12.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(64 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
52-2.14.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(54 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
52-2.15.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(67 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
52-2.18.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(93 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim on 5/6/2020, 10:22 am

Where are you located?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/6/2020, 10:28 am

Fairfax County, VA

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty S&W 52-2

Post by mbmshooter on 5/6/2020, 12:22 pm

This looks like an exceptionally nice 52.  I agree they are very accurate out-of-the-box and would make a new owner very happy.
My first CF pistol with the Army team in 1966 was an S&W 52 and I did pretty well with it.
Good luck!

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

SOLD - S&W Model 52-2 -- Factory Test Fired Only --Near Mint Condition Empty WTS: Near-Mint S&W 52-2 - Factory Test Fired Only

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/6/2020, 3:47 pm

Last of the planned pics for this posting. More provided upon request. The interest in this 52-2 has been super! Thanks, all.
Attachments
52-2.13.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(63 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
52-2.16.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(54 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
92-2.17.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(69 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
52-2.19.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(102 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
52-2.20.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(89 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by Handgunner00 on 5/8/2020, 6:09 am

Listing expires soon.

Handgunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet on 5/8/2020, 10:11 am

Someone needs this beautiful gun.  I love my 52-1 and 52-2.  It really teaches you to have good follow-through on your form.  Great pistols!

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum