Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale

Go down

High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Empty High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale

Post by Essen Dubya on 5/10/2020, 4:49 pm

Hello, a while back a fellow shooter had a collection of High Standard magazines with broken (plastic) mag bases. I made him some aluminum ones to replace his and get his mags up and running again. Most are full replacements, there are three that are add-ons (I believe that was what he needed for some of his). Add-ons will need to have holes drilled and tapped and screws sourced. These are aluminum, even the red ones. The red coating didn't fare well on the large ones, so I blasted them back to bare aluminum.  These worked great for him, took very little fiddling to go on to each of his mags. (such as running a drill bit through to final-align the roll pin hole properly) Offering the extra ones I made for sale here at $5.00 for one, $12 for three, plus $5 postage per package. Anyone out there need to patch up a broken High Standard magazine? The one in the center with lettering was one of his original bases, in plastic, and he didn't want it back on his mag, since so many of his were already broken. It is there to show what I am offering....I DO NOT know what models these fit or don't fit....that's on you to decide, I CNC machined them from his original. Sent via US Mail in the USA only.  Thanks for looking.
The three red add-on bases are sold....THANKS!
High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale 7OTp4rM

Last edited by Essen Dubya on 5/16/2020, 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Essen Dubya

Back to top Go down

High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Empty Re: High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale

Post by Jack H on 5/10/2020, 5:05 pm

Are your screw holes spaced the same as the pin holes in original red bottom magazines? 
Also I have found the original mags base where the pin holes are is quite hard and needs a very good tap to thread.
High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale 100_0210

Last edited by Jack H on 5/10/2020, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Empty Re: High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale

Post by Essen Dubya on 5/10/2020, 5:10 pm

I spaced them from his mags...did this job a few years back...don't remember having a problem tapping his bases...it worked with hand taps...nothing exotic. CRS is strong with this one...but if I did it, it can be done!

Essen Dubya

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike on 5/10/2020, 5:16 pm

I did this myself a couple of years ago and as I  recall,l the existing holes in the base were perfect to tap for 6-32. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/10/2020, 6:49 pm

PM sent for 3 red screw on bases.

What are what looks like side holes on the red base in the bottom center?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Essen Dubya on 5/10/2020, 7:08 pm

May have made those from the other "full size" ones....I really don't remember.

Essen Dubya

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/10/2020, 8:06 pm

17 bucks going out Monday
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/15/2020, 10:04 pm

Got them yesterday.  Very nice.

One mag I did is tapped for 6-32.  Screws need be 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch long.  Pictured blue cap screw is just right.  Stainless one needs cut back to 3/8.  (or find a correct one)
Another was tapped by someone else with 8-40.  I'd have to reduce the 8-40 cap screw head down a wee.  And open the thread hole in the red a wee.  Either that or stick a 6-32 in there and JB weld it all together.  Any other ideas to reduce a thread hole from 8-40 to 6-32?
I'll probably try the wee moves. 

High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Img_0317
High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Img_0316
High Standard REPLACEMENT mag bases For Sale Img_0315
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Essen Dubya on 5/16/2020, 8:01 am

Send me the mag and I will turn the 8-40 into a 6-32 with steel.

Essen Dubya

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/16/2020, 12:02 pm

Thanks, but I have started another way.  Maybe steel fix can be "plan B".   The safer, cheaper part to work on is the red base and screw head. I will spin the screw head on an abrasive, and open the screw hole the tiny bit needed.  Have already filled the cross hole at the rear with JB.  There is very little meat between the screw hole and cross hole.  Each trim needs very little removed to work.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Essen Dubya on 5/16/2020, 12:08 pm

No problem...running a laser micro welder has its perks though...just sayin'....

Essen Dubya

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H on 5/16/2020, 9:20 pm

8-40 screws are fit and all is well. 

Those are nice aluminum red bottoms. 

Thanks ED

Anybody else tapping their HS mags for red bottom replacement - tap with a #6-32.  Cap screw lengths are 1/4 and 3/8.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum