Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gung ho key

Go down

Gung ho key Empty Gung ho key

Post by Balabinky Sun May 17, 2020 5:58 pm

I have a gung go type gun box but I have no key for it. I used someone else key at the range the other day and it worked on mine. I guess their some kind of universal type key. Does anyone know what they are called or where I might find one?

Balabinky

Posts : 9
Join date : 2019-02-16

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Outthere Sun May 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Those are luggage keys. I’d try a luggage shop first.
Outthere
Outthere

Posts : 296
Join date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by James Hensler Sun May 17, 2020 8:16 pm

I would ask a locksmith but that’s me! Lol
James Hensler
James Hensler

Posts : 1095
Join date : 2018-01-15
Age : 52
Location : Southwest Florida

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Greg Walloch Sun May 17, 2020 10:36 pm

It might be what is called a “151” key.  Do you have a photo of the lock?

Greg Walloch

Posts : 117
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by SonOfAGun Mon May 18, 2020 3:43 am

Greg Walloch wrote:It might be what is called a “151” key.  Do you have a photo of the lock?

The common "151" is also called "Excelsior" and those are easily found on eBay. Seems Pachmayr used that hardware, maybe Gun-Ho did as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pachmayr-Range-Box-Gun-Case-Key-also-Excelsior-151/124103433301?hash=item1ce5241c55:g:H2QAAOSwbqpTseOY
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Posts : 121
Join date : 2017-08-12
Location : Midwest

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by cdrt Mon May 18, 2020 9:43 am

SonOfAGun wrote:
Greg Walloch wrote:It might be what is called a “151” key.  Do you have a photo of the lock?
The common "151" is also called "Excelsior" and those are easily found on eBay. Seems Pachmayr used that hardware, maybe Gun-Ho did as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pachmayr-Range-Box-Gun-Case-Key-also-Excelsior-151/124103433301?hash=item1ce5241c55:g:H2QAAOSwbqpTseOY
The Gun-Ho key is different from the 151 key. This is the one from my box.

Gung ho key Gun_ho11
cdrt
cdrt

Posts : 768
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Amarillo, Texas

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Aprilian Mon May 18, 2020 9:57 am

Because the keys are so prevalent and universal, I put a keyed hasp on my used box that came without keys.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Posts : 986
Join date : 2016-05-13
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Virgil Kane Tue May 19, 2020 7:07 pm

cdrt wrote:
SonOfAGun wrote:
Greg Walloch wrote:It might be what is called a “151” key.  Do you have a photo of the lock?
The common "151" is also called "Excelsior" and those are easily found on eBay. Seems Pachmayr used that hardware, maybe Gun-Ho did as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pachmayr-Range-Box-Gun-Case-Key-also-Excelsior-151/124103433301?hash=item1ce5241c55:g:H2QAAOSwbqpTseOY
The Gun-Ho key is different from the 151 key. This is the one from my box.

Gung ho key Gun_ho11

That's the same key for my box.  I use to keep a spare on the "D" ring on the outside of my box. Figured I never locked it but it was there just in case.  Well wouldn't you know it? At a match I had left my box sitting just out of sight.  The range was private and just my team shooting against another, nobody else in the building except the two teams.  When I went to get my box and set up on my lane the key was gone.  I would like to believe that whomever took it had their box locked and forgot their key. Their full intention was to return the key to where they found it but got sidetracked along the way. (yeah, and I believe in the tooth fairy too).  
That was over 8 years ago and I have never been able to find another key for my box but admit I have never gone to a locksmith, just looked online.  

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Posts : 574
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by CO1Mtn Mon May 25, 2020 10:24 am

That's pretty crappy that someone took your key. Especially at a bullseye match. I think everyone at my club is trustworthy and everyone, including me, leaves his pistol box outside on lunch break. I never thought anyone would take anything out of it.
CO1Mtn
CO1Mtn

Posts : 169
Join date : 2017-06-22
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by PMcfall Mon May 25, 2020 11:03 am

I've never understood what good a key would be.  If someone were going to steal something out of your box, why wouldn't they just take the whole box, locked or unlocked?
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-06-16
Location : St. Joseph, MO

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Virgil Kane Mon May 25, 2020 4:03 pm

PMcfall wrote:I've never understood what good a key would be.  If someone were going to steal something out of your box, why wouldn't they just take the whole box, locked or unlocked?
Phil
Because they needed a key that's almost impossible to fine when they lost theirs.  The key was on a "D" ring outside my box where the strap would attach , they never went into my box. 

If they put my whole box inside their pocket I think I would have noticed it.  lol!

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Posts : 574
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

Gung ho key Empty Re: Gung ho key

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum