Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any interest in a Lane Commands App?

+23
javaduke
Art
Rob Kovach
Orion
mark61107
NewBulls49
james r chapman
ANDYZ28
Flyfisherman
JLK
SMBeyer
Founder
Steve B
Anatoly
djm026
KCKral
HUGHT
bking
rfmiller
gitkrunk
Wingshot
Toz35m
ddivins
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? Empty Any interest in a Lane Commands App?

Post by ddivins 2/18/2013, 10:16 pm

I am thinking of writing or funding an iphone app that integrates lane commands with a visual countdown timer.

Basically, you would hit the "Timed Fire" button and the Timed Fire Range commands would be spoken, there would be a beep, and then a countdown timer is visible on the phone. When it hits zero, another beep. There would be a slow fire and rapid fire button as well.

My plan would be to have this as a free app for Apple iOS products. Is anyone interested in this, or is it just me?

Let me know before I waste time/money doing this.

Best,
dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? Empty Re: Any interest in a Lane Commands App?

Post by Toz35m 2/18/2013, 11:16 pm

I think it would be a great idea. Today I have them in MP3 format on my iPhone and then I created a playlist so I can pull them up quickly.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? Empty Re: Any interest in a Lane Commands App?

Post by Wingshot 2/19/2013, 10:04 am

I like it, my I-Phone timer only does minutes and hours. It's 3GS. Great idea!
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 2/19/2013, 10:33 am

any love for droid???????
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/19/2013, 10:47 am

gitkrunk wrote:any love for droid???????
Let me get iOS done and then I'll work on Droid :-)

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by rfmiller 2/19/2013, 1:32 pm

I think a good app would be far superior to playing MP3 files. I'm sure interested.

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by bking 2/19/2013, 2:22 pm

I would love to see such a thing, and would gladly pay for it.

bking

Back to top Go down

Post by HUGHT 2/19/2013, 3:10 pm

Sign me up i'm ready

HUGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by KCKral 2/19/2013, 3:55 pm

Sounds like a great idea.

KCKral

http://kralbuilders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 2/19/2013, 5:44 pm

i can donate as well.
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/19/2013, 6:12 pm

Looks like there is interest cool.

I appreciate the offers for donations/pay-for-app but I will take care of this.

I am going to try a new thing by using an outsourced developer so I will use this as a test for that system :-)

Anyway, to avoid any issues, I have recorded myself saying the commands and am storyboarding the app now.

I will keep you all posted!
dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/19/2013, 7:04 pm

Clearly, I am not a GUI guy, but here is the rough app story board. Any comments, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? BE-App-SB

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by djm026 2/20/2013, 5:19 am

cant wait

djm026

Back to top Go down

Post by rfmiller 2/20/2013, 9:02 am

I hope this will work on an I pod as well as an I phone. Some of us are just behind when it comes to technology

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/20/2013, 10:43 am

It should work on any iDevice running 4.3 or higher, including the iPod Touch.

Here are some screen shots-- the outsourced dev is way better than I am so it's moving like a freight train...

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? BE-SC-Home

Any interest in a Lane Commands App? BE-SC-Timed

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly 2/20/2013, 3:41 pm

I wrote an Android app quite a while ago that does exactly that (range commands for slow/timed/rapid, visual countdown in load/ready phase, timer for the fire phase, etc...). Not a piece of art, but it works and can be used to run the line if you connect your phone/tablet to an external amplifier to make it loud enough...

-Anatoly

Anatoly

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=my.namespace.betimer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly 2/20/2013, 3:43 pm

Tried uploading it here, but the board won't let me... Gives an error "Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 5)". The zip archive is about 500k.

-Anatoly

Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/20/2013, 5:13 pm

Anatoly,

Very cool, PM me and I can host the file if you would like.

I have submitted the code to the AppStore for review. We start on the Android version tomorrow. It will be available free in the Google Play store. I know nothing about android and am just trusting the developer here :-)

Anyway, I will keep you all posted...

-dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 2/21/2013, 2:49 am

me like!!!
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/21/2013, 12:49 pm

I will post an itunes link when it gets approved by Apple.

I suspect I will need to redo the audio due to cadence. I believe I am too fast (I used the prototype app last night and I thought I was fast).

Anyway, I am looking for feedback when you guys get it. Please remember its a free app so be nice :-)

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly 2/21/2013, 3:54 pm

Ok. I finally published my Android app on Google Play: Bullseye Timer

Have fun with it...

-Anatoly

Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 2/21/2013, 5:04 pm

Anatoly wrote:Ok. I finally published my Android app on Google Play: Bullseye Timer

Have fun with it...

-Anatoly

Thank you! Works great on my galaxy s3.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins 2/21/2013, 6:07 pm

Anatoly wrote:Ok. I finally published my Android app on Google Play: Bullseye Timer

Have fun with it...

-Anatoly

Anatoly, I like your app design better than mine :-) I may need to make some adjustments.

I like your target and I was thinking of using something similar but was concerned with copy rights issues. Since I don't have an android device to see your app, what audio did you use for the commands? Did you just read them yourself?

All, should I just cancel my Android version (save me some $) or would you like to see a second app?

Thanks!
dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2/21/2013, 7:43 pm

I do not have an Android, but I like the looks of Anatoly's. Voice commands with a "Fire" and "Cease fire" would be a nice option from the horn.

I do have an iPhone, iPod and iPad and iMac. So this is a very interesting development and I look forward to its release.

Thank you for putting the time into it.

Joe
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Anatoly 2/21/2013, 9:50 pm

The target image is from Kruger targets (my favorite target manufacturer - their air pistol targets are better and cheaper than Edelmann)... I left their logo untouched - they may consider it as free advertisement. The source of audio is Bullseye encyclopedia MP3 cleaned-up with cadence corrected to match the rule book (basically what I was using for practice on my MP3 player). If I ever decide to make a paid app, I'll re-record the audio and draw the targets myself.

-Anatoly

Anatoly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next