Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dot distance above bore centerline question

Go down

Dot distance above bore centerline question Empty Dot distance above bore centerline question

Post by kjanracing on 6/12/2020, 1:12 pm

Thoughts on dot to bore centerline dimensions?  I have a Marvel on a Colt frame, with a 25mm Ultra dot.  Dot to bore centerline is about 28mm.  My RRA with RRA's scope rail and a 30mm UD, the dot to bore is about 43mm, quite a bit higher.  I like how the lower dimension on the .22 seems to line up and hold better than the higher .45.  Has anyone noticed a similar difference in feel?  Is there a preference for dot height, as in lower =better?  Options for getting a dot distance more like the .22, losing about 15mm?
thanks for any input.
Kurt
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Dot distance above bore centerline question Empty Re: Dot distance above bore centerline question

Post by Dcforman on 6/12/2020, 2:01 pm

Here's an option. Not cheap, though.

Dot distance above bore centerline question Img_2026

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Dot distance above bore centerline question Empty Re: Dot distance above bore centerline question

Post by james r chapman on 6/12/2020, 2:06 pm

Dcforman wrote:Here's an option. Not cheap, though.

Dot distance above bore centerline question Img_2026

This one not cheap either!
Dot distance above bore centerline question B8064c10
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR on 6/12/2020, 2:50 pm

I use 1” ultra dots and low Weaver rings. This is the lowest combination I’ve found for mounting on a standard rail such as a Clark or RR. Like you, I like the way the pistol feels with this setup. 
The lowest 30mm rings I’ve found still hold the scope about a quarter inch above the rail. A couple of my friends have KC guns with an Aimpoint rail cut into the slide. That’s the lowest mount I’ve seen. Like Jim says, “not cheap”.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 6/12/2020, 3:53 pm

I was going to mention the KC integral cut but you beat me to it.  I have one and am thinking about converting 2 more guns to the integral cut.  There are a couple of frame mounts that put the H1 right on top of the slide - almost touching.  The only issue is it reverses your windage and elevation adjustments because it is mounted turned 90 degrees.

The Double Alpha being one of them.
- Dave

Dot distance above bore centerline question Micro-aimpoint-mount-combo-deal
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall on 6/12/2020, 4:06 pm

All this mm talk makes my head hurt!
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman on 6/12/2020, 9:59 pm

Another option:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867315347

lol!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum