Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case

5 posters

Go down

Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case Empty Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case

Post by James Hensler Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Hey has anyone replaced these 2 spring loaded screws that lock the lid?
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case Empty Re: Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case

Post by dronning Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:30 pm

James Hensler wrote:Hey has anyone replaced these 2 spring loaded screws that lock the lid?
I haven't replaced one but I found sources for all the parts for the Strong Cases when they shut down.  Most parts can be sourced from aluminum case vendors - except the screws you want.  I believe they are PEM captive panel screws but I never determined which one.
https://www.pemnet.com/fastening_products/pdf/pfdata.pdf
- Dave

Last edited by dronning on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case Empty Re: Replacing the 2 screws on a Strong Case

Post by James Hensler Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 pm

That’s them!!!

I haven’t really looked but I wonder how these things come out
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

I believe that they were installed using a too similar to a pop rivet  (captive fastener)
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Tagged. Just cuz I won't remember where those screws were available when I look for them again.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:41 pm

I am going to call the fastener company and ask
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:46 pm

James Hensler wrote:I am going to call the fastener company and ask
Definitely call them and post your findings.  If you look at page 28 it lists the tool part numbers needed for the screw that looks like the one on the Strong Case but there are different sizes.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:01 pm

The ones that are flared into a countersink are usually cut out with a countersink hollow mill to remove the flared portion.  All I know is the techs that do this are usually very patient people or fit to be tied after they’ve done this.  

Good luck.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down