Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB Indexer for Star Universal

Go down

WTB Indexer for Star Universal Empty WTB Indexer for Star Universal

Post by radjag on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 am

Looking for an Indexer for a Star Machine Works Universal loading press. Prefer the "O'Neill" style, but willing to consider any brand, any condition.

Please PM me.

radjag

Back to top Go down

WTB Indexer for Star Universal Empty Re: WTB Indexer for Star Universal

Post by john bickar on Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Try http://starmachineworks.com/

If you don't have luck there, contact Dick Harris. I think his username is "albertrichard" on this forum.

If you get ahold of one, let me know how you like it. I'm a little reluctant to add that level of automation to mine. (Plus, due to shelter-in-place coinciding with a dramatic reduction in the number of matches in our area, I'm pretty stocked up.)
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:44 pm

This guy bought up the drawings, parts and rights. I have purchased parts from him.

http://starmachineworks.com/

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by radjag on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm

John & Bob. Thanks. I have previously tried Bruce Williams at Star Machine Works. He is a useful source of parts and also refurbished complete machines, but did not have any interest in indexers last time we talked.

John, yes, I know Dick Harris. Dick was kind enough to connect me with Ray Brandes who designed and produced the Ray-Vin "Moon" Indexer and also his really excellent "Kicker". Ray has retired, but I bought some remaing parts and he gave me a set of detail drawings for his devices - I just cannot seem to get around to fabricating them. One day!

Roddy Toyota is a Star fan and did some upgrades on my 45 machine, it is now really smooth. Rich Daniels is a Star expert and does some good millwork for odd calibers and automation - he converted a Star to 32ACP for me.

But, what I really want to find are two sets of complete/incomplete/in parts indexers of the style sold under the "O'Neill" brand in the 80's (I think). They appear go be the slickest and most robust design (especially after Roddy "accurises" them).

But I guess that these items only turn up in estate sales, etc. Rare as hen's teeth!

radjag

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:44 pm

This post cost me a lot of money!  lol! It reminded me of Star and so I called Bruce and he is building me a refurbished Star Progressive in .32 S&W Long WC.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum