Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Surgery

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eye Surgery - Page 2 Empty Eye Surgery

Post by REConley on 7/5/2020, 5:45 am

First topic message reminder :

As old as some of us seem to be from post of what happened back when, I am pretty sure some here have had Cataract Surgery. 
If you have, did you have a procedure for Astigmatism, at the same time and did it help with your Astigmatism?

I will be having a consultation (told 3 hours) with surgeon Tuesday. One of the options I will be given is to have a Laser Astigmatism treatment done at the same time.

Just curious if this has made a real difference for a red dot shooter?
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Eye Surgery - Page 2 Empty Re: Eye Surgery

Post by REConley on 8/23/2020, 9:25 am

Thanks for the comments. Since I have been wearing glasses since my college days where reading the board from the middle of the 350 seat lecture hall and then reading my on notes was not working out. Smile

I anticipate some distance correction, if so I will get bifocals. I hate trifocals. I have been wearing transition polarized, 100% UV, anti glare lenses for several years. Having automatic sunglasses is nice but I will most likely also just get a distance only dark polarized pair for when I am out and about working my other hobby, wildlife photography. To see all of the data in the viewfinder one really needs to not be wearing glasses.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley on 9/10/2020, 8:13 am

The latest update to the cataract surgery. Yesterday was my two week post op visit, it will be three more weeks before final visit and eyeglass prescriptions are determined. As to the quality of my distant vision, I am reading the bottom (20/15) line on the eye charts now. Two more weeks of nightly eye drops and the healing should be 100% by then and eyesight stabilized for a eye glass prescription.  

For me this whole process has been quite good. I hope these details help anyone that has a similar decision in their future.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by blindshooter on 9/10/2020, 2:34 pm

REConley wrote:The latest update to the cataract surgery. Yesterday was my two week post op visit, it will be three more weeks before final visit and eyeglass prescriptions are determined. As to the quality of my distant vision, I am reading the bottom (20/15) line on the eye charts now. Two more weeks of nightly eye drops and the healing should be 100% by then and eyesight stabilized for a eye glass prescription.  

For me this whole process has been quite good. I hope these details help anyone that has a similar decision in their future.
Glad its going well!

For me I decided to get a pair made with progressive readers for just general wear, they have a nice wide intermediate section for computer use and they are poly so I use them at the reloading bench.

Good luck.

blindshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum