Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Empty WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE

Post by r.tornello on 7/7/2020, 3:21 pm

I have a 35M that I purchased a while ago for backup and spares. I got most of my spares from other sources. The gun came with horrible chunks of wood grips.

$680.00 includes shipping CONUS with the box, no key (didn't come with it but I believe they are all the same).

Now back to the story:
I made new ones from Russian Blanks pictures below. The gun has all the sights front and back and brushes and tools. In my opinion the quality of the brushes are poor (threads need work and such). The grips had to be modified a bit to fit the frame. As I understand that can be normal for this gun. The important aspects are the internal workings not the externals. For elegant you have Pardini, Hammerli, Morini and others. 

It shoots well and the grips fit me since I cut them. I have a medium fat palm with short fingers.

What I'm stating is it's a good gun, with a few extras; remade grips and the standard TOZ box.

It shoots well. I've run Lapua, ELEY, and other ammo through it. They all seem to work. The Lapua Midas+ and CenterX better. Both my Toz-35Ms are quirky so I don't know “the what if” difference.

$680.00 includes shipping CONUS with the box, no key (didn't come with it but I believe they are all the same).

recommended insurance. That's on your dime.

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0132
WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0131
WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0083

Last edited by r.tornello on 8/22/2020, 6:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : revision on data)
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Empty Deleting this addition due to modification of top post

Post by r.tornello on 7/7/2020, 3:48 pm

I'll send more pics if you want them. As I mentioned PM me with an email address. See 1st posting

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0084
WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0133
WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Img_0134

Last edited by r.tornello on 7/25/2020, 8:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : deleting this addition)
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Empty Re: WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE

Post by rkittine on 7/7/2020, 3:57 pm

Nice job on the grips. I still have the chunks of wood, unaltered for my TOZ-35M, but my new Rink Grips are supposed to ship on Thursday.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/7/2020, 5:47 pm

396  or 427?
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/8/2020, 6:37 am

The 396 question was to bob re the vette in the photo
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/8/2020, 7:40 am

It's a 1967 - No 396s in 67, just 66 when it was thought that displacement was going to be limited to 400 cubic inches for some racing classes. 

The engine is the original L-89 - 427 CU In 435 Rated Horsepower (they derated them from 475 for insurance purposes - and Aluminum heads. There were only 19 of them made in 67. 

Factory side pipes and all matching numbers. 

I was looking for an L-88 when I found this. There were less L-88s built in 1967 and all came with no warrantee and were intended for racing. The only one that I found was three times the price and had some much modification, it was no longer close to be a matching number car.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA on 7/8/2020, 7:46 am

Nice!

A friend (car collector) had a red and black one (matching numbers). He was an Attorney and drove it to work occasionally when he was just going to be there for a short time. He looked out his third floor office window one day and watched it drive away and never saw it again.

Many many years ago.

Sorry for the hijack.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/8/2020, 9:19 am

I drove a 456 with 2 quads to Port Elizabeth for export when working on Jerome Ave. (if you have to ask...). I had 20 minutes to make the gate that afternoon. The fuel line were huge. They usually gave us 4 gallons to make the port. I told them they were insane and pointed to the carbs and fuel lines and mentioned the time constraints. I wanted a full tank. The needle sat on empty from the GW Bridge to the NJTPike and from the there to the port it was sucking so much fuel. It shook and rattled so much the rear view mirror was totally useless, no ticket either. I made the gate as it was closing. It was the worst handling Vette I ever dove but it was a hoot.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/8/2020, 9:31 am

I am not a fan of the 454 Engine. Much of the fuel consumption is dependent on the gears in the transmission and the rear end. My 373s were not bad fuel drinkers, but 488s were the pits.

Since the original poster brought it up, I don't think any of this is high jacking the treat, but that said:

BACK TO THE OFFERING OF THE TOZ

Bob

P.S. - I have a TOZ-35M, what is the difference between the 35 and the "M" model?
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/8/2020, 10:13 am

35M different trigger guard and some differences in the bolt.

I only have 35Ms. I saw the differences pointed out  toz35.blogspot.com on igor's blog,pistolshooting

BTW I raced enduro karts and Motorcycles. I have one in the Motorcycle Heritage Museum if they didn't sell it. Summit Point was my home track.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/8/2020, 11:23 am

Thanks for the info on the 35M. I only have one so far and the grips are supposed to ship from Rink tomorrow, so in a week or so, I will be able to finally put it together and shoot it.

I raced Sport 2000 - British Built 1984 Tiga with a Pinto 2,000 CC engine. And SCCA with a Porche 935. Limerock, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta etc. Was a hoot.  

That was after I got tired of going really fast, but straight and only for about 10 seconds.

Now the only racing I do is in sail boats.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 7/8/2020, 1:46 pm

I raced 125gp and 250gp motorcycles. Currently restoring my TSR250 AC28m and finished the motor yesterday save for the reed cages. Coming along nicely, but alas, I think I'm too old now to ride it like I used to.

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE 2020-07-07

Joel

1joel1

Jon Eulette likes this post

Back to top Go down

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Empty RACING While Selling A TOZ

Post by rkittine on 7/8/2020, 2:20 pm

We should really let R. Tornello sell his TOZ-35 M so I am posting in a new None Firearm Post.

Interesting looking motorcycle engine. I have two friends that have raced motorcycles. One can hardly walk after so many crashes, but the other one is still at it, though his new lady is trying to stop him!

I guess I posted in the wrong section. Sorry, I don't know how to move it.

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/8/2020, 4:02 pm

I don't mind really. Nice to see what people have done. I had a 125 Honda GP bike but a crash (high side) brought reality home. I wasn't being paid by HONDA to race, humans are not aerodynamic, and my friends father a former dirt tracker was in the same shape your friend is. I took it as a hint. Been run over too karting but that didn't stop me. Loose retinas did.

Now regarding my TOZ, it's still for sale and I can budge a bit if anyone is interested. Again PM me
r.tornello
r.tornello

1joel1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton on 7/8/2020, 7:30 pm

@rkittine, I merged your post back to this thread. No need to start a new thread since r.tornello doesn’t mind the conversation.  I know what you meant to do when you did it though.  No problemo!

Every post here bumps his listing back to the top, so in the right light, proper thread hijacks in Commercial Row are a gift to the seller IMHO.  When you see a thread with a lot of posts and views, it makes you curious to see what is going on.  As a result, you get more eyes on your listing.

Sometimes folks get uptight about it and I will clean things up by request of the OP.  Seems all good here though.  Good luck with your sale!
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

WTS TOZ-35M LOWER LOWER PRICE Empty Toz 35M modified price

Post by r.tornello on 7/8/2020, 7:52 pm

see initial posting that I modified.

Last edited by r.tornello on 7/19/2020, 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleting unnecessary post)
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 on 7/10/2020, 11:53 am

Yes, I've had my share of broken bones, concussions, and lost friends. Would take 100 low sides to one high side, but 2 stroke bikes prefer the high side Sad

Overall though, much safer than riding on the street.

Free Bump,

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/10/2020, 2:09 pm

Yep, cold early AM practice day, turn 5 at Summit Point, tires warmed as I leaned over, they griped and up and slingshot over I went.

I quit riding in 06. If you live in NVA you'd understand. Stop signs and lights are a suggestion only and it's even worse now with cell phones.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton on 7/10/2020, 7:42 pm

I am glad I took a local motorcycle safety course when I first got my motorcycle.  It saved me from many accidents.  I don’t have the bike anymore, but the defensive driving skills still get applied in the car.

Best lesson ever.  “Don’t look at their face, watch their front wheels to know what they will actually do, because they will look right at while they run you over.“

My wife made me sell the bike after getting tired of hearing me tell her how some old lady almost killed me after most every ride.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/10/2020, 10:04 pm

I was training to be an instructor. That front wheel comment is one of the best the wheels begin to move just before the mass of the vehicle does along with body lean just before a lane change for turn.

I also went to The Superbike Schools 2 time a year for a few years. In the spring to refresh stale winter non driving and the end of year corrective lessons.

BTW I was hit by a vehicle going in reverse when the driver didn't want to wait for the light to change. They teach you to look behind for idiots not paying attention, keep the bike in gear and all that. The bike was positioned where my lights were in his rear view and side mirror. He didn't even look and by the time I looked forward his bumper was on my front wheel.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/11/2020, 7:35 am

From my first Honda CL-175 in 1966 until my last 80 Cubic Inch Soft Tail, I always was a little afraid of MC riding. Not to the point of being a problem for myself, but certainly very respectful as to what it could do to me. I only dumped a bike twice, once on a very light bike in the rain and once going around the corner in the Fall when wet leaves got the best of me. Sold my last bike about 10 years ago.

Always road in my lane and followed the rules. Driving on the Long Island Expressway during rush hour I am always surprised how few of the riders running in between cars and lanes do not get into accidents. 

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by flyer898 on 7/11/2020, 10:00 am

I would rather fly airplanes; it is much safer.

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/11/2020, 11:18 am

With 9,984 hours of PIC Time so far and (knock on wood) never had a serious issue, I would agree with you.
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 7/12/2020, 6:51 pm

would rather teleport.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine on 7/13/2020, 6:59 am

Beam me up Scottie ...... But where's the fun in that!
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum