Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTS - BULLSEYE .45ACP. Handmade for me by BOB MARVEL, from ground up. One-of-a-kind custom. $3350. See txt detail below.

Go down

WTS - BULLSEYE .45ACP.  Handmade for me by BOB MARVEL, from ground up. One-of-a-kind custom. $3350. See txt detail below. Empty WTS - BULLSEYE .45ACP. Handmade for me by BOB MARVEL, from ground up. One-of-a-kind custom. $3350. See txt detail below.

Post by imagefinder on 7/9/2020, 4:31 pm

I'm in my 70s w/ arthritis. This great gal just sits, plus no local Bullseye matches have prompted sale of a close friend. 

Bob and I built this via back and forth phone messages when he still had his shop in NE. We'd discuss details from afar, usually in the evening. He said he did his best work at night. Interesting. 

One fine guy,  who also taught me, by phone no less, how to be a better shooter along with building this .45. As well, he also built me a matching bullseye .22. The idea was to have two identical pistols so grip and feel would be as close to identical as possible. I'm keeping the .22 as friends at the local club still join me in very informal Rimfire competition.  :-)

Caspian bottom, Kart precision barrel, plus all the extra details you can see if you'd like more photos. 

Condition? I'd objectively call it Excellent +. I'm very fussy about care and handling-- this pistol shows exactly that. As to inherent quality, frankly, I've seen a lot of pistols, top notch ones, but none with the exacting and critically tight tolerance Bob integrated into his build. I guess he could be called a Master pistol maker / machinist, or something similar. From what I've seen, his work is as good as it gets.

Accuracy? Well, it made me nearly Master at one point. Put in the right hands, I can't imagine it's not High Master material. As you may know, accuracy and grouping are greatly dependent on loads and their variability, to say nothing of the guy pulling the trigger. All in all, it's been dependable as the day is long. Before the Marvel, I was weaned on a Les Baer, another quality pistol. The Baer, to me, was like a Mercedes; the Marvel like a Rolls :-)

I'm not sure if you need my email, but if so:  imagefinder@comcast.net  

$3350. 

-John

imagefinder

albertrichard123 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum