Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) Empty Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 1:35 pm

This is both a warning and a question.    Finally after much hemming and hawing, I put the check in the mail for a Pardini SP.  
I tried very hard to get them to take an electronic transfer, but apparently Pardini is not able to accept those. (Why not,  I do not know)

Time is of the essence as Pardini was having a sale and they agreed to honor the sale price if I got my check in the mail during the sale period.  

The also stared verbally if they were out of SPs when my check arrived, that the price would hold on the next shipment.  

Pardini has a P.O. Box.   So I happily went to the post office, and sent the check with tracking as Pardini has suggested.  I guess there is a lot of trouble with mail delivery in Tampa right now.  

Long story short.   Check was mailed on Friday 7 August.  Last Tuesday, August 11th  I was able to put in the tracking number and see that the letter had been delivered to Pardnin’s post office box.  ( So said, the Post office tracking system)   

Now the problem.   Called Thursday and asked if Pardini had received the letter with the invoice, and the check.  The answer was no.  I said I had tracking that stated the letter was delivered to their box.   The answer was still no.  They said they were waiting on seven checks sent by mail.  So, not just mine.  

Called again today, Alex said, still no letter.  

I am willing to give it few more days, but clearly I should have sprung for Fed X or UPS.  At this point, what should I do?  
Stop the check at my bank, get a certified one and send it off, assuming Pardini will hold the sale price?  Just dump the deal?  (Not inclined to do that as I already have bought reloading supplies for the new caliber) 

All suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by Schaumannk on 8/19/2020, 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) Empty Re: Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by Tripscape on 8/17/2020, 1:43 pm

Wait a day or two more. USPS are having issues and slow downs. My USPS Choice notifications show up as packages delivering today, but packages actually arrive 2 days later. This is happening quite often. I was showing one letter delivering almost a week before it actually delivered. I guess the COVID thing?
And they want to vote by mail, yeaaa right...

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) Empty Re: Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by james r chapman on 8/17/2020, 1:45 pm

Just wait till they cash it then hammer them for your gun.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 on 8/17/2020, 2:17 pm

What's the sale price vs. the regular price?
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 8/17/2020, 3:21 pm

I had issues with USPS because of all this slow down and change of management. Also with postal workers getting sick things do become SNAFU. FEDEX and UPS do NOT deliver to PO BOXES, only USPS.

RT
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 3:24 pm

ssauer2004 wrote:What's the sale price vs. the regular price?
Ten percent on everything, so for me pretty much a 400 dollar difference

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 3:29 pm

“FEDEX and UPS do NOT deliver to PO BOXES, only USPS.”

I’m aware of that.  I assume they have a street address as well.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by radjag on 8/17/2020, 4:56 pm

I love my Pardini's and both Vladimir and Alex are really helpful and considerate, but I have to say that communication can be very haphazard. Maybe they are currently under-staffed, no doubt the COVID situation is not helping. Patience is the key word. In my experience.

radjag

Back to top Go down

Post by croesler on 8/17/2020, 6:08 pm

Alex and Vladimir are excellent guys and they are always reliable.  In my opinion, if they say there is no check yet I'd bet against the PO, not against them!  They'd undoubtedly like to sell you the gun.  Why not be patient?  The PO is so screwed up right now they can't even get tracking numbers right.  Don't blame Pardini for it.
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 8/17/2020, 6:19 pm

Just finished watching more TV, before turning it off.  There is apparently a deliberate political effort to interrupt the Post Office.  From my very tiny point of view, things were quite good before this happened.  Over the past week, nothing seems to be happening smoothly.  

Back to the topic at hand, have you considered Pardini's recommendations at this link:
https://www.pardiniguns.com/purchase-order/

If you can pay by credit card, they should be able to ship to your FFL  via UPS or Fed Ex - I can't remember which one people are now using.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 6:33 pm

mikemyers wrote:Just finished watching more TV, before turning it off.  There is apparently a deliberate political effort to interrupt the Post Office.  From my very tiny point of view, things were quite good before this happened.  Over the past week, nothing seems to be happening smoothly.  

Back to the topic at hand, have you considered Pardini's recommendations at this link:

If you can pay by credit card, they should be able to ship to your FFL  via UPS or Fed Ex - I can't remember which one people are now using.
I followed Pardini’s recommendations with tracking.  If I had used the credit card, it would be 400 dollars more.   The gun will have to be shipped Fed x or UPS. The shipping fee was included in the check I sent.  The postal service doesn’t allow you to ship handguns through the mail.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 8/17/2020, 6:44 pm

Did they send you the "sales order" as they said they do, with the agreed upon price?
Did you confirm it, or accept it?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by radjag on 8/17/2020, 7:21 pm

It happens that I have been trying to communicate with Alex on a couple of items recently and did not get an immediate response. He just got back to me - I had used his personal (Pardini) email and he had not noticed my mails. He advises me (and I assume all other customers) to contact as follows:-

Pardini USA LLC
info@pardiniguns.com
Cell: 1.813.468.7500
Office: 1.813.983.9839
Fax: 1.813.899.1110

radjag

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale on 8/17/2020, 7:57 pm

Be patient...they are good peeps

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 8:12 pm

mikemyers wrote:Did they send you the "sales order" as they said they do, with the agreed upon price?
Yes.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 8:13 pm

bruce martindale wrote:Be patient...they are good peeps
I’m sure they are.   It’s the Post office I’m worried about.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy on 8/17/2020, 9:04 pm

Must be something unique with USPS between you and them.  I ordered a gun during the same Tokyo sale.  Put cashier check in the mail to them on Wednesday of last week via USPS regular mail.  Got a call today they have my check and are shipping the gun to my FL. Hopefully it resolves quickly for you.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 9:09 pm

farmboy wrote:Must be something unique with USPS between you and them.  I ordered a gun during the same Tokyo sale.  Put cashier check in the mail to them on Wednesday of last week via USPS regular mail.  Got a call today they have my check and are shipping the gun to my FL. Hopefully it resolves quickly for you.
Must just be the luck of the draw.   Like I said, the USPS tracking system said that the envelope had been delivered to their mailbox.  The problem seems to be in Tampa,   They said they were waiting for seven other checks. Maybe not sending it with tracking is the key.  

The tracked stuff must be processed separately, and apparently, there it sits.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky452 on 8/17/2020, 10:07 pm

I had a similar problem about six weeks ago ordering parts from Pardini. In the past, the parts always arrived a short time after mailing my check, so when a few weeks went by and I hadn't received the parts I gave them a call. They searched their records and could not find any indication that they had received my order and check. I waited a few more days and sent a new check and order form. Naturally, Pardini called that afternoon to say that the original order had finally arrived. I received my parts in a few days after they received the order. I live in the Mid-Atlantic region, and it took 16 days for the letter to get there!

shaky452

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet on 8/17/2020, 11:02 pm

I got a .32 conversion kit last week from Pardini.  There were some delays and I was told there had been some family emergencies to deal with.  Karen was helpful in getting things sorted out.  I have also noticed the mail has been consistently slow and sporadic this summer.  The shipping store I use says that with Covid, all of the shipping guarantees are gone.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jim fabanich on 8/17/2020, 11:14 pm

I mailed my check a week ago Tuesday. Draft arrived Thursday. My package is on its way..
I was told that they were short handed last week with two employees losing loved ones and one out sick....

jim fabanich

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 8/18/2020, 1:59 am

mikemyers wrote:Did they send you the "sales order" as they said they do, with the agreed upon price?
They state on their website and all invoices that all CC sales will have the CC fee added to the invoice/quoted price.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 on 8/18/2020, 7:12 am

mikemyers wrote:Just finished watching more TV, before turning it off.  There is apparently a deliberate political effort to interrupt the Post Office.  From my very tiny point of view, things were quite good before this happened.  Over the past week, nothing seems to be happening smoothly.  

You should watch less TV.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis on 8/18/2020, 9:11 am

I must say, I think this thread is mistitled. Should be USPS USA warning. Pardini has done nothing wrong. There is no warning about Pardini to be told. They agreed to hold the price for whenever your check arrives, and they will do that.

You should have spent $7 on a Priority Mail envelope that would have been 2-3 days delivered instead of a 50 cent stamp.

mikemargolis

lablover, radjag and Plunker like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jim fabanich on 8/18/2020, 10:09 am

I was warned by Pardini, after I had mailed my cashiers check via normal post that they were having difficulties with mail especially where payments were concerned. Fortunately my check was inside a rather inoxuous business to business looking envelope and did not draw the attention of anyone with nefarious intent.
The originator, I believe did indicate that his payment was sent registered mail.
On that note, if tracking shows it was delivered and Pardini does not have it, call the bank or issuer and have it canceled.. And draw another check...
If Alex, Karen or Vlad, told you they would hold a pistol pending receipt of your payment, they will honor their word, especially with these extenuating(possibly stolen check)..
And I agree, your beef is with USPS and not Pardini USA..

jim fabanich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum