Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) - Page 2 Empty Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by Schaumannk on 8/17/2020, 1:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is both a warning and a question.    Finally after much hemming and hawing, I put the check in the mail for a Pardini SP.  
I tried very hard to get them to take an electronic transfer, but apparently Pardini is not able to accept those. (Why not,  I do not know)

Time is of the essence as Pardini was having a sale and they agreed to honor the sale price if I got my check in the mail during the sale period.  

The also stared verbally if they were out of SPs when my check arrived, that the price would hold on the next shipment.  

Pardini has a P.O. Box.   So I happily went to the post office, and sent the check with tracking as Pardini has suggested.  I guess there is a lot of trouble with mail delivery in Tampa right now.  

Long story short.   Check was mailed on Friday 7 August.  Last Tuesday, August 11th  I was able to put in the tracking number and see that the letter had been delivered to Pardnin’s post office box.  ( So said, the Post office tracking system)   

Now the problem.   Called Thursday and asked if Pardini had received the letter with the invoice, and the check.  The answer was no.  I said I had tracking that stated the letter was delivered to their box.   The answer was still no.  They said they were waiting on seven checks sent by mail.  So, not just mine.  

Called again today, Alex said, still no letter.  

I am willing to give it few more days, but clearly I should have sprung for Fed X or UPS.  At this point, what should I do?  
Stop the check at my bank, get a certified one and send it off, assuming Pardini will hold the sale price?  Just dump the deal?  (Not inclined to do that as I already have bought reloading supplies for the new caliber) 

All suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by Schaumannk on 8/19/2020, 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by jim fabanich on 8/18/2020, 10:11 am

And, it would not hurt to check with the bank to see if the check was cashed.....

jim fabanich

Back to top Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved)

Post by Schaumannk on 8/18/2020, 10:27 am

jim fabanich wrote:I was warned by Pardini, after I had mailed my cashiers check via normal post that they were having difficulties with mail especially where payments were concerned. Fortunately my check was inside a rather inoxuous business to business looking envelope and did not draw the attention of anyone with nefarious intent.
The originator, I believe did indicate that his payment was sent registered mail.
On that note, if tracking shows it was delivered and Pardini does not have it, call the bank or issuer and have it canceled.. And draw another check...
If Alex, Karen or Vlad, told you they would hold a pistol pending receipt of your payment, they will honor their word, especially with these extenuating(possibly stolen check)..
And I agree, your beef is with USPS and not Pardini USA..
Thank you for actually reading my post and answering the question.  So many others apparently did not.  If there is a problem with Pardini it seems to be their inability or unwillingness to take a bank transfer.  Others have told me to wait a few more days, which I will.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/18/2020, 10:29 am

jim fabanich wrote:And, it would not hurt to check with the bank to see if the check was cashed.....
I keep checking my account.  Which is why I asked if it might be prudent to stop the check.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 8/18/2020, 11:34 am

I've had USPS issues lately, even downright lies about deliveries.  I had 2 separate packages that were noted on tracking as out for delivery (on different days) and they didn't make it.  They were flagged undelivered due to accessibility??  Both times the driver delivered my mail but not the package that would have easily fit in the mailbox.  Security cameras showed the mail truck stopped at the mailbox for a longer than normal time so I believe neither package made it on the truck.  I picked them up at the Post Office the next day.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/18/2020, 11:44 am

dronning wrote:I've had USPS issues lately, even downright lies about deliveries.  I had 2 separate packages that were noted on tracking as out for delivery (on different days) and they didn't make it.  They were flagged undelivered due to accessibility??  Both times the driver delivered my mail but not the package that would have easily fit in the mailbox.  Security cameras showed the mail truck stopped at the mailbox for a longer than normal time so I believe neither package made it on the truck.  I picked them up at the Post Office the next day.
- Dave
I have had many issues with packages and USPS over the years.  A lot of chicanery going on.   But like the Internet,  sometimes  you just have to cross your fingers and hope that yours in not the lost envelope, package or the one that gets on the truck of the temp delivery guy.  I have had to literally chase a guy down, who had a package for me that would not fit in the centralized mailbox.  He was too lazy to leave it on my porch fifty yards away.  He was heading back to the post office when I caught up with him.  The regular carriers who don’t want to get complaints filed against them are quite a bit more reliable.  I don’t know what kind of checks there are for the post office box fillers in the actual mail room.  I would guess, almost none.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by r.tornello on 8/19/2020, 12:21 pm

I just remembered, It's August! Seriously, Italy (and Europe in general) is usually in vacation, so that might be the answer along with the C-19. When ordering goods, furniture or anything, if its August you just have to wait.

Pour yourself a double shot of Makers 46 with some ice and chill.
r.tornello
r.tornello

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/19/2020, 1:30 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know.  Pardini has my check.   Just talked to Alex.   All is well.   See you on the firing line.   Kate

Schaumannk

Wobbley and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jim fabanich on 8/19/2020, 8:02 pm

You will love it. Mine arrived yesterday and already have 50 rounds on target! Thanks Pardini USA!

jim fabanich

Back to top Go down

Post by roysha1942 on 8/22/2020, 11:54 am

Schaumannk wrote:
mikemyers wrote:Just finished watching more TV, before turning it off.  There is apparently a deliberate political effort to interrupt the Post Office.  From my very tiny point of view, things were quite good before this happened.  Over the past week, nothing seems to be happening smoothly.  

Back to the topic at hand, have you considered Pardini's recommendations at this link:
https://www.pardiniguns.com/purchase-order/

If you can pay by credit card, they should be able to ship to your FFL  via UPS or Fed Ex - I can't remember which one people are now using.
I followed Pardini’s recommendations with tracking.  If I had used the credit card, it would be 400 dollars more.   The gun will have to be shipped Fed x or UPS. The shipping fee was included in the check I sent.  The postal service doesn’t allow you to ship handguns through the mail.
WRONG!! An FFL can send to another FFL which in this case, Pardini USA to your FFL for transfer to you, is perfectly legal and normally a WHOLE lot cheaper than either of the other ripoff outfits, ie: ups and fedex.

roysha1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk on 8/22/2020, 12:05 pm

You are correct.   However,  you really want your Pardini sent through the US mail after the problems they had with a registered letter?

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 on 8/22/2020, 9:05 pm

Greetings,

I have shipped items via USPS Registered Mail with no bad experiences.

The package is signed by each person that comes in contact with it.

I do not think FEDEX nor UPS are that well documented.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Pardini USA, USPS warning (Resolved) - Page 2 Empty usps

Post by webfoot56 on 8/30/2020, 9:35 pm

I am so glad the payment made it there and everything is all right. I had a similar  experience with a pre A series smith and wesson 41 made 1959. It took 5 days after the scheduled delivery time to make it to me. It arrived in great shape with no damage to shipping box or the pistol. This all took place during the time the new postmaster general had cut out overtime nationwide. Mail and parcels sitting at sorting facilities not being worked all because of orders from new postmaster. I am happy to report as of now the postmaster general has reversed his orders and things are starting slowly to get back in order.Covid-19 has really slowed things down nationwide.Postal workers are working harder now than ever. It is like Christmas every day now at post office as everyone is ordering online and having things shipped to their homes so they do not have to go out. I hate to see what christmas season is going to be like.Yes I am a postal letter carrier and we are working hard to get everything delivered. Everything is getting where it needs to go it just is taking a little longer.

webfoot56

MarkOue likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum