Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pieter Stahl 45

+4
troystaten
mpolans
Jon Eulette
Sfentress
8 posters

Go down

Pieter Stahl 45  Empty Pieter Stahl 45

Post by Sfentress Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 pm

I noticed a Pieter Stahl 45 acp for sale on gun broker, isn’t that a high quality German pistol suitable for bullseye! The price seemed very reasonable .

Sfentress

Back to top Go down

Pieter Stahl 45  Empty Re: Pieter Stahl 45

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:10 pm

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/877108135

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:35 pm

My first 1911 45 was a SA Omega with upper by Stahl. For some unknown reason that thing would throw occasional flyers; even from a rest. Could never figure it out. Beautiful pistol. A friend just bought one and loves it. So you might end up with a darn nice pistol. They lock up similar to Glock (etc), no barrel link.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 pm

Joe Peters was an interesting guy. He made some good guns, including some innovative stuff, some of which was imported to the U.S. by Springfield Armory. He developed a 1911 with a dual extractors and a link-less barrel system that Springfield imported as the Omega.  IIRC, the link-less design allowed the barrel to stay locked to the slide longer than a linked barrel. The dual extractors allowed for using the same slide and just swapping barrels and recoil springs to change calibers.  This was important in Germany since they limited the number of guns you could have on your license (at least back in the late 80s to early 90s when I was there).  Later, developed a similar design with a slide that had a hex head screw on the left side that would adjust the width of the breechface to accommodate different calibers.  He also made typical 1911s like the one in the auction, many with squared trigger guards.  I think he also made a hi-cap variant that was pretty similar to Para-Ordnance.
I visited his factory once or twice, and was on the verge of being sponsored by him (for IPSC, not NRA bullseye), but my dad got orders for Japan.  Crying or Very sad 
I lost touch with him back around 1991.  I don't know if he's even still alive.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:16 am

Looks like a lot of gun for the money.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:24 am

mpolans wrote:Joe Peters was an interesting guy. He made some good guns...
Thank you for your post!!! I have been eyeballing these guns on GB for a while and was always wondering about design choices and exactly what that hex screw does Smile) you sure cleared it up!

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:42 pm

The seller says in the description it has standard 1911 parts, wonder if it has a standard barrel instead of the link-less design.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Zane, I think your right. Standard 1911 barrel.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Pieter Stahl 45  Empty peters stahl pistol

Post by Dave Glenn Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:25 pm

I have one of these pistols purchased at Champions Choice at Camp Perry. It was and remains the tightest fitting slide to frame pistol I own. Mine shoots well with lead and jacketed bullets with both at an 1-1/2" group at 50 yards being attainable. The barrel is standard 1911 linked style but has polygonal rifling. you'll need to heavy the trigger up for bullseye as mine came set at approx 2#. The sear looks to be shaped a little differently than 1911 but will accept a standard sear with no problems. The gun was priced about 25% higher than a Les Baer and was $1750ish back in the early to mid 90s. They also offered a 22rf version with a long slide.

Dave Glenn

Back to top Go down

Post by KBarth Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Dave Glenn wrote:I have one of these pistols purchased at Champions Choice at Camp Perry. It was and remains the tightest fitting slide to frame pistol I own. Mine shoots well with lead and jacketed bullets with both at an 1-1/2" group at 50 yards being attainable. The barrel is standard 1911 linked style but has polygonal rifling. you'll need to heavy the trigger up for bullseye as mine came set at approx 2#. The sear looks to be shaped a little differently than 1911 but will accept a standard sear with no problems. The gun was priced about 25% higher than a Les Baer and was $1750ish back in the early to mid 90s. They also offered a 22rf version with a long slide.
Dang Dave, long time no see on the forum.
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down