Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB CCI Standard Velocity 22lr

Go down

WTB CCI Standard Velocity 22lr Empty WTB CCI Standard Velocity 22lr

Post by Big_Red on 9/3/2020, 10:21 pm

Unfortunately my stock pile of cc a standard velocity 22 LR’s are getting short and I need to replenish during these chaotic times. I wanted to reach out to anyone on the forum, that may have some in stock or is looking to get rid of some from their inventory. Please reach out if you have any-I am looking for 2500 to 5000 rounds.

Thanks

Big_Red

Back to top Go down

WTB CCI Standard Velocity 22lr Empty Re: WTB CCI Standard Velocity 22lr

Post by john bickar on 9/4/2020, 12:07 am

Where you at?
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Red on 9/4/2020, 7:57 am

Kentucky

Big_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar on 9/4/2020, 1:25 pm

Well that's a bummer. A little too far for me to help ya out.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 9/4/2020, 4:43 pm

If your club belongs to the CMP, you can get bulk Eley ammo from them - but if you're not a member, nor is your club, you can't buy it.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C22ELYSTD-5000

You can only buy up to two cases in a year.  I bought one, then looking ahead at the possible future, bought another.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Big_Red likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepp on 9/4/2020, 6:34 pm

Any idea how the CMP Eley perform in a S&W 41?

Zepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Red on 9/4/2020, 6:45 pm

Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, I’ve taken my 2 cases and fired them already. COVID and a back yard range really hurts a stash.

mikemyers wrote:If your club belongs to the CMP, you can get bulk Eley ammo from them - but if you're not a member, nor is your club, you can't buy it.

You can only buy up to two cases in a year.  I bought one, then looking ahead at the possible future, bought another.

Big_Red

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 9/4/2020, 6:51 pm

A year ago I had ammo problems with my 41 - tried CCI, Eley, Aguila....    to fix the ammo problems, I was rolling the ammo on a cloth to wipe off the CCI wax.  Then I re-did my 41 with new parts and a Volquartsen extractor.  I haven't tried the 41 very much since the, as I switched to the High Standard (the one I just posted for sale).  Then I got the new High Standard from Alan, and also bought a restored Victor from Roddy Toyota (which is why I'm selling the first one).

If nobody else here can tell you how the 41 works with the CMP bulk Eley, I can get to the 41 again and see how it works.  Maybe someone who's a better shooter than I am should answer your question.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers on 9/4/2020, 6:58 pm

Big_Red wrote:Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, I’ve taken my 2 cases and fired them already. COVID and a back yard range really hurts a stash.

mikemyers wrote:If your club belongs to the CMP, you can get bulk Eley ammo from them - but if you're not a member, nor is your club, you can't buy it.

If you'd like something that you can easily buy, get a black powder gun like the Ruger Old Army.  I still have mine, but haven't used it in a year or so - was hoping others at my club might go back to black powder on Thursdays, like before, but I guess it's too hot.  It's inexpensive, lots of fun, as accurate as you can make it, and I doubt you'll struggle to buy the things you need.

Check out the posts on the Ruger Old Army, and see if you have any interest in it....

If you have a membership with a CMP affiliated club, maybe someone else in your family can join the club, and then buy the Eley?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by RNS10X on 9/4/2020, 7:30 pm

Zepp, I've had great luck with it in 2 md41's . Prior I was having awful luck with CCI. Lots of FT fire, none worked on 2nd try. All the usual problems for 3-4 bricks
at least with cleaning. With 7# spring I shot at least a brick before I had a FT fire , which then went off. And out of curiosity I did not clean it for at least a brick and
the only stoppage was after cleaning. So I'm thrilled with it . Initially I lent a 41 to friend and watched him shoot the CMP ammo while I struggled with the CCI. Didn't
take long after that to place an order. More accurate than I am. More expensive thanCCI but I'm sticking with it. My results were dramatic as tar as function and reliability.
Rich

RNS10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepp on 9/5/2020, 3:33 am

Many thanks to all for comments regarding the S&W 41 and CMP Eley.

Zepp

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose on 9/6/2020, 4:19 pm

Zepp wrote:Any idea how the CMP Eley perform in a S&W 41?
. Zepp I purchased 5000 rds. Of Eley from CMP. I shoot it in my 41, works fine. My 41 seems to shoot CCI more accurately at the long line.

Moose

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose on 9/10/2020, 9:22 am

Zepp wrote:Any idea how the CMP Eley perform in a S&W 41?
. Shoot great in my 41

Moose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum