Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: SA bullseye revolver

Go down

WANTED: SA bullseye revolver Empty WANTED: SA bullseye revolver

Post by Al on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Long shot here, but am playing with the idea of a 4 5/8" or 5 1/2" Ruger Blackhawk Bisley model. could be in 38/357, 41 mag or 45 colt/ACP. I've got dies, molds, and brass for all 3, so am limiting my search.
Anyone out there got a lonely Bisley that needs a new home?  This is going to be a shooter, so condition is not THE priority.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

WANTED: SA bullseye revolver Empty Re: WANTED: SA bullseye revolver

Post by chopper on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Al, I don't have one, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 pm

Al,

I don't have one for sale but went through this same search a few years ago.  Mine is a .45 convertible and I use it mostly with the ACP cylinder.   After getting mine I found it to have a lot of trouble with lead bullets.  It was bad enough that many rounds wouldn't even chamber.  That began my Internet search for a solution and it seems Rugers are known for this.  They tend to have tight throats which swage the lead down giving poor accuracy. Mine was a more extreme case since I had trouble with chambering but the throat is where the issue starts.  Everything needs to taper down in order starting with the chamber to throat to forcing cone to barrel.  Jacketed bullets will actually spring back so are less susceptible to this problem.  What I did was to ream out the throats of all chambers so they are now larger and more consistent. There is another tool that can work on the forcing cone area of the barrel but I stopped at the chambers.  Jim Peck (on this list) sent me the name of a place where you can rent the reamer with a variety of pilots so I did that vs buying the tools. It was an interesting journey.  Good luck.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:15 am

Mine never needed anything to be accurate. The most accurate .357 I own. If they were legal for DR that's the one I would use. Mine is not what you are looking for though. Older original longer barrel. It is also a tad heavier because of it. Just saying don't give up your quest because some might need a tiny bit of work.
WANTED: SA bullseye revolver 20190340
WANTED: SA bullseye revolver 20200220
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum