Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audible Trigger Reset

+4
Wobbley
SteveT
james r chapman
oxbowbob
8 posters

Go down

Audible Trigger Reset Empty Audible Trigger Reset

Post by oxbowbob 9/11/2020, 8:20 am

Good Morning!

Sorry about the non BE question, but if there's an answer to be found it's here.

I'm doing some research for a friend (about pistols I know nothing about).

I was looking at a S&W M&P Shield EZ 9mm. They used the term "audible trigger reset"

I have read the what's and why's but does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA
oxbowbob
oxbowbob

Back to top Go down

Audible Trigger Reset Empty Re: Audible Trigger Reset

Post by james r chapman 9/11/2020, 8:50 am

Only on a release trigger on a Krieghoff K80!
Click! From 4 stations away!

Seriously though, I’ve found it better to have a solid tactile reset.
Audible won’t mean much when firing

Probably a Bluetooth app to your headphones “your trigger is now set to fire! Please read the instructions before firing! Instructions are available at http........
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 9/11/2020, 9:23 am

Depending on the pistol you can sometimes hear a click as the trigger resets. You can usually feel the click more than hear it.

Dry fire the pistol. Hold the trigger back. Slowly release the trigger. At some point you will feel/hear a click. That is the trigger reset. On most pistols that is as far as you need to reset the trigger when firing. It is not necessary to reset the trigger all the way out to zero pressure.

If you reset the trigger during recoil I don't think it matters whether you reset the trigger just a little, or all the way, so long as you finger position on the trigger is consistent.

If you hold the trigger back through recoil and only reset when back on target, then it may be an advantage to reduce the forward travel during reset.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 9/11/2020, 10:46 am

The ‘Audible Trigger Reset”  is a feature for action shooters.  They shoot singly so audible works for them.  Bullseye shooters have people also shooting some as close as 6 feet away.  You may not hear it.  So develop a tactile feel for the reset.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxbowbob 9/12/2020, 12:34 pm

Thank you all
oxbowbob
oxbowbob

Back to top Go down

Post by PaperSniperr 10/26/2020, 7:49 am

Wobbley wrote:The ‘Audible Trigger Reset”  is a feature for action shooters.  They shoot singly so audible works for them.  Bullseye shooters have people also shooting some as close as 6 feet away.  You may not hear it.  So develop a tactile feel for the reset.

Agree. Using the reset will allow the shooter to shave a few hundredths of a second off a follow up shot. I shoot PPQs in IDPA style training classes and I like that nice tactile "click" as I release the trigger on the way to the follow up shoot. It gives me a better sense of control of the trigger also; imaginary or not. Smile

PaperSniperr

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 10/26/2020, 8:02 am

The Mantis X trainer has a special setting to keep these resets from being sensed as a dryfire shot!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 10/26/2020, 11:09 am

The reason S&W used that terminology is because the M&P pistol line ( Full Size & Shield) were  difficult to feel the triggers reset when first manufactured. So they made sure the reset could be felt/heard.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet 10/26/2020, 10:41 pm

This is a great technique for striker fired pistols.  No need to let the trigger travel all the way forward, especially on fast double taps, etc. I recently showed this to some guys at the range and they subsequently shot their best targets with a short reset.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down