Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die

2 posters

Go down

Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die Empty Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die

Post by inthebeech 9/21/2020, 9:13 am

Does anyone know of an aftermarket source of a flat-faced seater stem for HBWC's?  I'm not partial to filling the hole of an otherwise good stem with epoxy or turning it down.  Redding does not offer one either.  I'd prefer a separate stem precisely machined for this purpose.  Any of you industrious smiths or machinists want to make one for a reasonable price?  Stem threads are 1/2-20 and I don't care if it doesn't have a knurled end.  If you are interested in making one, let me know and I'll pin gauge the die body and be able to give you a tolerance on the diameter of the unthreaded section (I can also just draw it up in Solidworks so there's no ambiguity).  I can live without HT but would at least want it made from Prehard.
Thanks,
Ed

Last edited by inthebeech on 9/21/2020, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp corr)
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die Empty Re: Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die

Post by farmboy 9/21/2020, 9:49 pm

Is this what your looking for https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012429056
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die Empty Re: Seater stem for Redding Pro series seater die

Post by inthebeech 9/22/2020, 2:16 pm

it looks like it would work but only if you already have their Competition Series die set.  That set appears to have a replaceable plug and there does indeed appear to be one with a flat face.  It wouldn't work in my standard style seater. Thanks though.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down