Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life Is Not Fair!!!

+12
mikemyers
sklarcpa
Outthere
LenV
john bickar
Doug Tiedt
SingleActionAndrew
ASchlem
lablover
James Hensler
zanemoseley
fc60
16 posters

Go down

Life Is Not Fair!!! Empty Life Is Not Fair!!!

Post by fc60 9/21/2020, 4:07 pm

Greetings,

Sad to hear of all the 32 ACP buyers that spent the big bucks to improve their scores only to find out that there are no bullets available for loading.

Hornady dropped the 60XTP bullet, which the Pardini 32 ACP was built upon.

Hornady still appear to offer the 85XTP bullet; but, no one has them for sale?

Yes, there are cast bullet vendors offering premium Match bullets. However, I am yet to see a 10X group fired at 50 yards with them. Ten ring, maybe.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Life Is Not Fair!!! Empty Re: Life Is Not Fair!!!

Post by zanemoseley 9/21/2020, 4:11 pm

zanemoseley

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/21/2020, 5:26 pm

Hornady will make them but it will take an order of 100k. Alex said Pardini is prepared to do that beginning early 2021. 

85’s are just as good and available.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 9/21/2020, 5:40 pm

It is tragic..what’s more tragic is try to find any decent popular bullet right now!  Not just .32 lead is available and casting is still an option.  And!  What about primers can’t load without primers!!  

Luckily I have more than enough XTPs for my .32 and more than enough primers for whatever I want to load. 45 too. 

If you can’t get bullets for anything right now then shame on you for not planning ahead.  Not sure it was very cool to single out the .32 acp but whatever
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/21/2020, 6:20 pm

Wait until you see a bucket of Remington 22lr at a match! Lol
James Hensler
James Hensler

8eightring, Outthere and lablover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem 9/21/2020, 6:37 pm

James Hensler wrote:Hornady will make them but it will take an order of 100k. Alex said Pardini is prepared to do that beginning early 2021. 

85’s are just as good and available.
Where are 85's Available? Actually PM me. lol

ASchlem

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/21/2020, 6:51 pm

There are some on gun broker as I write this. Normally there are several different vendors selling them there but I see only one today
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/21/2020, 7:05 pm

Another note. If you really take this shit seriously you should stock up when you find some. I am not just talking about 85 grain XTP’s! I am talking about match 22 long rifles ( should buy 5000 at a time for consistency) Centerfire Bullets ( whatever you shoot) 45 Bullets ( whatever you shoot. Primers at least 5k large and small at a minimum. Waiting until you are out or low might not be the best thing to do.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/21/2020, 9:09 pm

It's too late today. Primers trade $0.25+ each, only available on gun broker. Finding some locally would be the only, but increasingly less likely, option to get primers close to single digit pennies a piece right now.

I don't follow brass but jacketed 45 bullets seem to have just about disappeared too for now
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt 9/21/2020, 9:16 pm

James Hensler wrote:Another note. If you really take this shit seriously you should stock up when you find some. I am not just talking about 85 grain XTP’s! I am talking about match 22 long rifles ( should buy 5000 at a time for consistency) Centerfire Bullets ( whatever you shoot) 45 Bullets ( whatever you shoot. Primers at least 5k large and small at a minimum. Waiting until you are out or low might not be the best thing to do.

+1.

The Obama scare taught me that having 1 year of ammo on hand (at all times) is not enough for competition shooters.  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

Doug Tiedt

Al, john bickar, lablover and Larryb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/21/2020, 11:14 pm

I got in the habit of writing the date of purchase and price paid on all ammo, components, etc., during the last shortage. Pretty sure I paid $450/case for CCI SV and was glad to get it.

It helps to keep perspective.
john bickar
john bickar

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 9/21/2020, 11:22 pm

Yup I had to pay $400 a case for CCI plus $40 tax and $40 shipping so $480 total. I'm a year out for everything but wish I had more.

zanemoseley

bpettet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/22/2020, 12:10 am

Just like stocks you need to diversify. Get a lot of C.F. pistols in different calibers then you have a better chance of finding some components you can use. Well, that's one plan. It's better here in the boondocks. I made one phone call and my wife is picking me up 2000 WLP when she goes into town tomorrow. You guys made me nervous.
LenV
LenV

lablover, bpettet and James Hensler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/22/2020, 1:11 am

Keep buying primer Len!

There are no 10mm or 45 (but one) jacketed bullets left to be had as well. Different situation than 24 hours ago.

I wish I could wave my hand and take all the primers out of the bulk factory ammo onhand. Every shot counts!
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 9/22/2020, 5:56 am

James Hensler wrote:Wait until you see a bucket of Remington 22lr at a match! Lol
I'll see your Golden Bullets and raise you a Thunderbolt!  Smile
Outthere
Outthere

bpettet and James Hensler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sklarcpa 9/22/2020, 7:52 am

Doug Tiedt wrote:
James Hensler wrote:Another note. If you really take this shit seriously you should stock up when you find some. I am not just talking about 85 grain XTP’s! I am talking about match 22 long rifles ( should buy 5000 at a time for consistency) Centerfire Bullets ( whatever you shoot) 45 Bullets ( whatever you shoot. Primers at least 5k large and small at a minimum. Waiting until you are out or low might not be the best thing to do.

+1.

The Obama scare taught me that having 1 year of ammo on hand (at all times) is not enough for competition shooters.  Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

Extra +1 here as well.

That was the same period I learned the important lesson about maintaining an inventory of ammo/reloading components.

Determine what your shooting/reloading needs are, what it will take to get you through a shortage like we're in and maintain that level on hand at all times.
sklarcpa
sklarcpa

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 9/22/2020, 9:43 pm

Maybe more people will get involved in black powder shooting?  Very basic components.  I ordered more supplies, so if I run out of normal ammo, I can go back to black powder shooting with my Ruger Old Army.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/26/2020, 12:54 am

SingleActionAndrew wrote:Keep buying primer Len!

There are no 10mm or 45 (but one) jacketed bullets left to be had as well. Different situation than 24 hours ago.

I wish I could wave my hand and take all the primers out of the bulk factory ammo onhand. Every shot counts!
That would be these? There were some 230 gr XTP left but I think I bought them all'

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010789910?pid=253150
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 9/26/2020, 8:30 pm

Dave
the only thing unfair is that you don't have 20 barrels for sale in the wanted section! My .311" .32SWL shoots 4 cent Speer bullets right on top of each other. I could show the test target but people will hound you even more so I won't. Your welcome.

I don't understand why Pardini never adjusted their S&W Long barrel and let customers decide which caliber they want because the fast twist SWL works well.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 9/26/2020, 9:12 pm

So THIS is where all the primers went:
[url=https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=small pistol primers]https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=small%20pistol%20primers[/url]

I thought until now they weren't available - turns out, they're just expensive for a while.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 9/28/2020, 6:40 pm

I may be wasting some of mine. Then again I'm also getting FULL use out of them. I recently purchased some Starline +P brass from a forum member and just finished loading 300 rds of 8.1gr of CFE Pistol behind Speer 185gr TMJ's. They are a little tiny bit hot but should cut nice clean holes. I'm going to load the other 200 with 6.7gr of Power Pistol and 230gr XTP coming here Thursday. I don't want anyone to accuse me of using powder puff loads in my ball gun. Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin 9/29/2020, 12:23 pm

If i had Christmas hams for hands I might shoot some manly loads as well... but with my current equipment powder puffs suit me just fine. Those ragged holes, though...

SmokinNJokin

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 9/29/2020, 11:15 pm

LenV wrote:I may be wasting some of mine. Then again I'm also getting FULL use out of them. I recently purchased some Starline +P brass from a forum member and just finished loading 300 rds of 8.1gr of CFE Pistol behind Speer 185gr TMJ's. They are a little tiny bit hot but should cut nice clean holes. I'm going to load the other 200 with 6.7gr of Power Pistol and 230gr XTP coming here Thursday. I don't want anyone to accuse me of using powder puff loads in my ball gun. Smile

I will be loading up some 185 HAP’s I was able to get my hands on for a friend using a similar recipe... He doesn’t want bullseye loads, just center mass practice loads.

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Life Is Not Fair!!! Empty Dave, good to see that you are active in the sport! I have been out 3-years and am now back. Formerly used my GSP .22 and .32 as you may remember. Thanks to you for all of your help with the .32 loading and the new twist barrel you made for it! I

Post by Fred Mackaman 10/10/2020, 10:50 pm

I just purchased a NIB High Standard "The Victor" mfg. at Meriden mfg., only it is 4 1/2" barrel/rib which I have never tried before.  I plan to shoot it, the collectors will kill me but it was made to be used.  I also found a 5 1/2" barrel/rib and slide combination from the same period and mfg. with which I can alternate.  It has been over 60+ years for me in this sport and I have been there and tried that, much to my joy.
I sure enjoyed the breakfasts we used to have while "drinking in" all of  your wisdom on this subject.
Regards,
Fred Mackaman
Bothell (Kenmore range)

Fred Mackaman

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 10/11/2020, 4:27 pm

Greetings Fred,

Very pleased to read your post. Wondered how you and Paul were doing.

I also have a 4 1/2 Victor. Very nice balance and shoots X-ring at 50 yards with good ammo.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down