Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scoring overlay

+13
Jack H
jimsteele
chopper
Slodad
-TT-
whitez06
jglenn21
TonyH
xringdave
8at4
Asa Yam
lablover
Jwhelan939
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay Empty Scoring overlay

Post by Jwhelan939 9/21/2020, 9:23 pm

Where is everyone finding their scoring overlays? I'm looking for 3 sets. Champions choice was the only place I saw them and they want 19$ in shipping. Hoping someone had a better lead. Ty.

Last edited by james r chapman on 6/27/2023, 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Made sticky; made sticky 6-27-23)

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay Empty Re: Scoring overlay

Post by lablover 9/21/2020, 9:40 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:Where is everyone finding their scoring overlays? I'm looking for 3 sets. Champions choice was the only place I saw them and they want 19$ in shipping. Hoping someone had a better lead. Ty.
If you can’t find one let me know.  I may have a spare laying around

Joe
lablover
lablover

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam 9/21/2020, 11:21 pm

Sources:

Champion's Choice:  http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=SO10
Bullseye Gear:  https://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyegear/outdoor-pistol-scoring-overlay.html
Larry's Guns:  https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Scoring-overlay__SCORINGOVER.aspx
Creedmoor Sports:  https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/pistol-scoring-overlay/scoring-devices

Not sure about shipping for most of these firms, Creedmoor states "Free shipping if ordered alone."  I like the scoring ring lines on the "other" overlays though.

Hope this helps.

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by 8at4 9/21/2020, 11:34 pm

If you call Champion's Choice the lady that takes your order can give you cheaper shipping. I do that when I order lenses for my shooting frames.

Scott

8at4

Jwhelan939 and Dockokol like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 9/22/2020, 5:27 am

Asa Yam wrote:Sources:

Champion's Choice:  http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=SO10
Bullseye Gear:  https://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyegear/outdoor-pistol-scoring-overlay.html
Larry's Guns:  https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Scoring-overlay__SCORINGOVER.aspx
Creedmoor Sports:  https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/pistol-scoring-overlay/scoring-devices

Not sure about shipping for most of these firms, Creedmoor states "Free shipping if ordered alone."  I like the scoring ring lines on the "other" overlays though.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Unfortunately Cc is were shipping was 5x the price of the overlay. Bullseye gear is out of stock. Creedmore isn't the bullseye style. And I'm not sure if Larry's is open since his passing? Never thought it would be so hard to find. Thank you for the response!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 9/22/2020, 5:28 am

8at4 wrote:If you call Champion's Choice the lady that takes your order can give you cheaper shipping. I do that when I order lenses for my shooting frames.

Scott

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by xringdave 9/22/2020, 11:34 am

Have three. PM me your address. I will mail them to you.
xringdave
xringdave

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/22/2020, 12:43 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:Where is everyone finding their scoring overlays? I'm looking for 3 sets. Champions choice was the only place I saw them and they want 19$ in shipping. Hoping someone had a better lead. Ty.

If you want to print your own transparencies, here are some that may work (maybe admin can make sticky):
Attachments
Overlay - Scoring overlay Attachment
B3 T&R 50' Target Overlay.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(12 Kb) Downloaded 174 times
B2 50' Target Overlay.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 129 times

Last edited by TonyH on 10/2/2020, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed the Scoring Overlay file. Replaced with new overlays in post below.)
TonyH
TonyH

Jwhelan939, jglenn21 and lablover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/22/2020, 12:47 pm

and a couple more:
Attachments
B16 25 Yd Target Overlay.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 134 times
B8 25 Yard Overlay.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(14 Kb) Downloaded 112 times
TonyH
TonyH

Jwhelan939, jglenn21 and lablover like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/23/2020, 7:15 am

I've used the ones Tony has listed. Simply print them out or copy them on clear transparency sheets. You can use double print to darken them
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 9/23/2020, 7:24 am

TonyH wrote:and a couple more:

Great resource! Thank you!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/23/2020, 7:52 am

jglenn21 wrote:I've used the ones Tony has listed. Simply print them out or copy them on clear transparency sheets. You can use double print to darken them

The scoring overlay I found on the internet someplace a while back and just saved it, so can't speak to it's accuracy. The other target overlays I made use the specifications on ring diameters from the NRA rulebooks. You should be able to print them on transparencies and use as is. I will try and make the scoring overlay again with an inner circle on the caliber gauges so one can center them better (when I have some time) and repost.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Overlay - Scoring overlay Empty creedmore overlays

Post by whitez06 9/23/2020, 7:59 am

This topic came up before. Creedmore was criticized and when i ask for a comparison to what was/is perceived to be unacceptable, nothing appeared.
If your scoring someone who's shooting 185 JHP the print on target is much smaller the any of the other wadcutters. With Creedmore you have an inner circle that you can lay over the entry hole, and an outer ring that defines a 45 shot ring.
My opinion only

whitez06

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/23/2020, 8:09 am

whitez06 wrote:This topic came up before. Creedmore was criticized and when i ask for a comparison to what was/is perceived to be unacceptable, nothing appeared.
If your scoring someone who's shooting 185 JHP the print on target is much smaller the any of the other wadcutters. With Creedmore you have an inner circle that you can lay over the entry hole, and an outer ring that defines a 45 shot ring.
My opinion only

The Creedmoor ones I have were slightly undersized, so I don't use them. The Champions Choice ones I have are dimensioned correctly and have the the double circles as you state above and help center the overlay. I saw some from Champions Choice recently that were double printed and the circles overlapped each other and were off centered.....whichever you have, make sure they are the correct diameter and accurate. Best as I can tell the one I posted, the dimension is correct, albeit it doesn't have the inner circle.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/23/2020, 8:20 am

I have compared the PDF 25 B8 overlay to a target and it was perfect.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 9/23/2020, 10:09 am

Nice! When printing the pdf, be sure you select "Actual size" and not "Fit to page" or other scaling. Some printer drivers can sneak in and change these values too, for stuff like margins, A4 vs 8.5x11 paper, etc.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Slodad 9/26/2020, 9:57 pm

Will these work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/372097271001

Slodad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 9/27/2020, 7:33 am

Thanks all. Xringdave had a spare set and sent them along. Getting new shooters set up is getting harder and harder. Box, scope mount, overlays... Not easy to find this stuff.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 9/27/2020, 1:25 pm

jglenn21 wrote:I've used the ones Tony has listed. Simply print them out or copy them on clear transparency sheets. You can use double print to darken them
  Jim, are you printing from another clear overlay or piece of paper, and where do you get the clear plastic to print on? Does the ink etch into the clear plastic or do you have to use a laser printer or something like that. Thanks.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/27/2020, 1:54 pm

Inkjet will work but it will wear off after a while.. clear transparent can be found on amazon or places like office depot
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 9/27/2020, 1:56 pm

I made myself a master that incorporated  both the small  overlay as well as the 8 ring overlay.. the master is on a transparent sheet

Last edited by jglenn21 on 9/27/2020, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 9/27/2020, 2:12 pm

Thank you much Jim, that opened up some new ideas for me.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jimsteele 9/28/2020, 5:43 am

A shooting friend let me use his red overlay. I believe it's easier to use when shots are in the black.

jimsteele

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 10/1/2020, 12:18 pm

TonyH wrote:

The scoring overlay I found on the internet someplace a while back and just saved it, so can't speak to it's accuracy. The other target overlays I made use the specifications on ring diameters from the NRA rulebooks. You should be able to print them on transparencies and use as is. I will try and make the scoring overlay again with an inner circle on the caliber gauges so one can center them better (when I have some time) and repost.
Here are the overlays (vector drawing) in both red and black with the inner circles. The NRA specs for gauges are printed on the sheet and the dimensions used in creating the attached are smack in the middle of the specifications. If I can enhance those in some fashion let me know. Enjoy!
P.S. Print actual size on transparencies.
Attachments
ScoringOverlayBlack.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(22 Kb) Downloaded 132 times
ScoringOverlayRed.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(22 Kb) Downloaded 125 times
TonyH
TonyH

Jwhelan939, samtoast and Sharpshooterco like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 10/1/2020, 12:21 pm

Thank you so much! That's awesome!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content