Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

+37
Packeagle
samtoast
oldsalt444
SaraiEsq
smdial
Pinetree
lee212
AnthonyJ
Jblaw
"plq"
kruppd
Dockokol
chefmossy
SingleActionAndrew
mspingeld
Spurls
dpelletier
hotshot9
chopper
WillH
orpheoet
Rotwang
Ed Hall
mikemyers
jm7480
bullseye67
SonOfAGun
SteveT
Deerspy
PhotoEscape
mikemargolis
TonyH
TomH_pa
Oleg G
Thin Man
james r chapman
-TT-
41 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 6 Empty Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 11/13/2020, 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app

Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!

Last edited by -TT- on 11/14/2020, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Steve Brown, Aprilian, TonyH and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 6 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- 8/12/2022, 11:20 am

Curiouser and curiouser. The app has no clue about the silent switch, so in theory that's not related. Similarly, it doesn't know where the sound is playing. So, the difference with bluetooth audio tells me there's something in the phone that's modifying the audio levels on the way out. And, it definitely doesn't happen on all iPhones.

To help solve the puzzle, can you try one more thing? In the main menu, tap Help|About to open the help popup. In that window, there's a photo of Arny (the caller!). If you tap him, he says "Shooters to the line" Smile Can you tell me if it's similarly quiet, or does it seem to play at full loudness?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 6 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by Rotwang 8/12/2022, 11:45 am

-TT- wrote:
To help solve the puzzle, can you try one more thing? In the main menu, tap Help|About to open the help popup. In that window, there's a photo of Arny (the caller!). If you tap him, he says "Shooters to the line" Smile Can you tell me if it's similarly quiet, or does it seem to play at full loudness?

The sound is very quiet.  At the highest phone volume it is still fairly soft.  YouTube videos are much louder.  The app is much louder on the iPad.

Rotwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinetree 8/12/2022, 11:53 am

Our team captain uses this app for our matches.

He has a small rechargeable Bluetooth speaker and it works just great.
Pinetree
Pinetree

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 8/15/2022, 8:48 pm

I've fixed the low-sound issue, and a few others, new version 3.0 build 133 is on the App Store and Play Store. Sorry for the glitch, but thanks for the reports!

Direct download links for the three stores are at https://bullseyematch.app or your phone should pick it up automatically as usual.

-TT-
-TT-

Pinetree and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial 10/18/2022, 10:14 pm

Tom’s app is amazing. I built a controller that integrates with his app to turn your targets. 

https://github.com/100-5x/Bullseye-Target-System/blob/main/README.md

Pm me if interested.

smdial

http://indy1800.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraiEsq 10/20/2022, 8:47 pm

Downloaded it yesterday.
Tried it at the range today.
Loved it.
Then my pistol stopped working.
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 10/22/2022, 12:18 pm

Tried this app and it worked well for the most part.  Still a few bugs, though.  Sometimes it would start playing on its own with no prompts from me.  That gets confusing.  The scoring app seems easy, but trying to figure out aggregates isn't exactly user friendly.  It's easy to lose all your scores if you're not very careful.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 10/22/2022, 9:00 pm

oldsalt444 wrote:Tried this app and it worked well for the most part.  Still a few bugs, though.  Sometimes it would start playing on its own with no prompts from me.  That gets confusing.  The scoring app seems easy, but trying to figure out aggregates isn't exactly user friendly.  It's easy to lose all your scores if you're not very careful.

It's certainly possible there's a bug or two Smile Thanks for reporting! Can you tell me what phone and what version of the app you're using?

Playing with no input is a new one, I haven't heard that before. One thing comes to mind - is the "remote control" setting enabled? This may make the app respond to volume changes, because that's what clickers send. Also, some phones are more sensitive to touch than others, especially if they have cases or screen protectors around the corners. Was the phone just sitting there and started to play?

The scoring window doesn't really have room to display the aggregates when you're entering scores, so they are on a separate popup. If you tap the "Edit" or "Email" buttons on the left, a window will open that formats them nicely. You may have to rotate the phone sideways to see the whole line, if you have a large font. I am completely open to suggestions how to present the scores in an on-screen summary, but bear in mind there is limited screen real estate on many devices!

The app currently does not save scores. I'm considering that for a future release, someday. I'm trying to keep the app simple. For now, the best way to save them is to email them to yourself - this sends the scores in plain text, with information like date, time, notes and target photos, if you've taken them. It also puts the scores in a csv file which is attached to the mail. Some folks are using bullseyetracker.com, which is a commercial service that the app can upload scores to.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/8/2022, 5:57 pm

New update to version 3.1 build 137 is ready for Android, iOS and Windows.

Updates are visible in all three stores.
Links and information at:

https://www.bullseyematch.app

In this update:

• Restore full volume on previously impacted iOS devices
• Reduced audio artifacts during match
• Target turning timing improvements
• Improved camera management, focus and flash
• Alibi scoring limit fix

Last edited by -TT- on 11/9/2022, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update availability)
-TT-
-TT-

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 6 Empty THANK YOU!

Post by samtoast 11/19/2022, 7:51 am

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your app! It has quickly become one of the most used apps on my phone. Practice has become so much more fun. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

samtoast

-TT- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dpelletier 11/21/2022, 11:42 am

I love the Bullseye Match App.
I started using it almost as soon as you released it.
It's actually being used by several teams in my league to run our matches.
Thanks again for the great app.
Dany

dpelletier

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/21/2022, 12:28 pm

I'm glad folks like it. It makes me happy that the app is promoting more Bullseye!
-TT-
-TT-

dpelletier and samtoast like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Packeagle 11/23/2022, 10:46 pm

Any plans to add the Camp Perry Course? Great app. A lot of great functionality.

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/24/2022, 9:43 am

Can you be more specific about Camp Perry course? The "900" match setting is the 2-slow, NMC, 2-timed, 2-rapid course of fire, and the target turning can be adjusted to turn for all targets like Perry, instead of just the short line like most.

If you mean the CMP President's Hundred, that's in the the match setting too, it's "P100".

I'm open to adding others, if they're of general interest.
-TT-
-TT-

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Packeagle 11/24/2022, 1:38 pm

It's like the NM course, but shot all at 25 yards and all on the B-8. 5min slow, 2x 20 second timed, 2x 10 second rapid. It's what my department team shoots. We just use the NM course and pay attention to the shortened time and call manually for slow fire. Not a big issue either way.

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/24/2022, 9:05 pm

Oh, yeah that one. I've never seen anyone shooting it, actually. I left it (and the 20 yard course) out, to simplify.

So as the slowfire intro, what commands do you use? Do you just change from "10 shots in 10 minutes" to "10 shots in 5 minutes", and everything else is the same?

One suggestion as a workaround is to use the "Match prep" function at the 5-minute setting, which will face the targets, then count down from 5:00 to 0:00, edge them and beep three times. It doesn't play any range calls or start signal, but it's kinda sorta a 5-minute stage. Here's the help link for that: https://www.bullseyematch.app/guide-v3#h.rxrgvkgpqi5y
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 11/24/2022, 9:28 pm

Is there a way to change any settings so each photo of the target has the actual time stamp of when it was taken, instead of repeating the time of when the first photo of the match was taken? Thanks in advance for your time to reply...

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by Packeagle 11/24/2022, 10:58 pm

-TT- wrote:So as the slowfire intro, what commands do you use? Do you just change from "10 shots in 10 minutes" to "10 shots in 5 minutes", and everything else is the same?
This is exactly what we do when we call the match live.

Actually we generally just yell over the commands "5 minutes" and then when the 5mins is up we hit the stop button and call pistols down. Generally everyone takes about 3-4 minutes and it's not a major issue. I wasn't sure how much work it would be to add, and it would be nice addition for those (few) of us that shoot that course. 

Very appreciative of what the app already is, and it's easy enough for us to manage the workaround as we don't have turning targets, yet. I'm working on a setup with the boards from smdial, and I'll try your suggestion then.

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/25/2022, 9:15 am

samtoast wrote:Is there a way to change any settings so each photo of the target has the actual time stamp of when it was taken, instead of repeating the time of when the first photo of the match was taken? Thanks in advance for your time to reply...

The simplest way to do that is to use the Quick Calculator:

https://www.bullseyematch.app/guide-v3#h.ctzf75rvc19h

It works just like the regular scoring calculator, except that it works for scoring a single target. You can take a photo and it will be stored in the phone's photo album, you can also email it from there. It will start over each time you open it (so it will always have the datestamp you want), but the scores will vanish too, so you need to keep that in mind.

The quick calculator was intended to use during a match when you're scoring the next shooter's target and still want to record your own. But it works great for one-offs.

In the regular multi-target scoring calculator, the way the scoring "session" works is a little bit of a compromise to keep things simple and easy at the line. When you enter your first score, or take your first photo, the app creates a new session using the current date and time. Then, when you score or photograph the subsequent targets in the match, it uses this same timestamp to keep them together logically. It also uses it as part of the filenames. Using this timestamp on the photos is a kind of index, and gives you a way to find them in the phone's photo album, or if you email them to yourself at the end, for your diary.

Let me know what you think of the Quick Calculator!

Last edited by -TT- on 11/25/2022, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/25/2022, 9:25 am

Packeagle wrote: I wasn't sure how much work it would be to add, and it would be nice addition for those (few) of us that shoot that course.

It's a little bit of work, because it means recording a new call as well as adding it to the setup screens, which already have a bunch of radio buttons. If you look at other shooting apps that try to do this (select gun, select caliber, select range, select target, select time, select.....), you'll see how huge they get trying to present it all.

That said, I'll think about it. Maybe an "Advanced" setup, or something that pushes the special stuff down a level. I'm not sure how many are using the P100, for example, but I had a few asks for it. You're the first and only for this one, so far!
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 11/25/2022, 2:06 pm

-TT- wrote:
samtoast wrote:Is there a way to change any settings so each photo of the target has the actual time stamp of when it was taken, instead of repeating the time of when the first photo of the match was taken? Thanks in advance for your time to reply...

The simplest way to do that is to use the Quick Calculator:
Let me know what you think of the Quick Calculator!

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the reason why the time stamps is shared. I understand the limitation, and it is not a big problem.
The quick calculator is yet another great feature of your app! It works well to score, and to place an accurate time stamp, but does not have the option to upload scores to bullseyetracker (or anywhere else). 
Thank you for sharing this great app, and continuing to share your time...

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/25/2022, 2:16 pm

samtoast wrote:The quick calculator ... does not have the option to upload scores to bullseyetracker (or anywhere else).

Actually, that's not my app, it's because BullseyeTracker uploads require complete scores, not partials. So for a 3-target match it expects all three, etc.

So, you're interested in uploading one target at a time, and merging them into a complete match? Or as one of the "practice logs"? I can talk with Anthony about that, if you or others are interested.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by samtoast 11/25/2022, 2:19 pm

-TT- wrote:
samtoast wrote:The quick calculator ... does not have the option to upload scores to bullseyetracker (or anywhere else).

Actually, that's not my app, it's because BullseyeTracker uploads require complete scores, not partials. So for a 3-target match it expects all three, etc.

So, you're interested in uploading one target at a time, and merging them into a complete match? Or as one of the "practice logs"? I can talk with Anthony about that, if you or others are interested.
Please don't go through any more trouble. 
I was interested in simply having an accurate time stamp, but the way it is does not create any problem, and doesn't need to be "fixed". 
Thank you so much...

samtoast

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 11/29/2022, 10:56 am

New version 3.3 build 139 in all three stores. This fixes issues in 3.1 (and also 3.2 which was released yesterday, but had an issue on iOS).

3.2:
  • Fix online help
  • Avoid iOS crash when displaying unavailable photo
  • Fix issues in crash reporting and recovery
  • Improve menu tappability

3.3 adds:
  • Fix store review shortcut
  • Fix audio issues on older iOS versions   

Store download links at https://bullseyematch.app
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 12/2/2022, 8:03 pm

-TT- wrote:
Packeagle wrote: I wasn't sure how much work it would be to add, and it would be nice addition for those (few) of us that shoot that course.

It's a little bit of work, because it means recording a new call as well as adding it to the setup screens, which already have a bunch of radio buttons. If you look at other shooting apps that try to do this (select gun, select caliber, select range, select target, select time, select.....), you'll see how huge they get trying to present it all.

That said, I'll think about it. Maybe an "Advanced" setup, or something that pushes the special stuff down a level. I'm not sure how many are using the P100, for example, but I had a few asks for it. You're the first and only for this one, so far!

I've looked into supporting this, and I think it is possible to do it cleanly. It would add a new "range" option which might be "Perry 25yd (B8)". I think everything else can flow from that, which makes it doable.

I do have to fix up a new slow fire intro, but I can maybe splice in a "five" from the timed/rapid clips. Smile You will have to give me a while with the holidays coming, though.  Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 6 1f385
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next