Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

+37
Packeagle
samtoast
oldsalt444
SaraiEsq
smdial
Pinetree
lee212
AnthonyJ
Jblaw
"plq"
kruppd
Dockokol
chefmossy
SingleActionAndrew
mspingeld
Spurls
dpelletier
hotshot9
chopper
WillH
orpheoet
Rotwang
Ed Hall
mikemyers
jm7480
bullseye67
SonOfAGun
SteveT
Deerspy
PhotoEscape
mikemargolis
TonyH
TomH_pa
Oleg G
Thin Man
james r chapman
-TT-
41 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 Empty Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by -TT- Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://bullseyematch.app

Over the past few years, and with the help of my team and others, I've developed a new app to run the audio and timing for our bullseye matches, as well as other scoring and training functions. With the pandemic situation, as well as the recent non-availability of other apps, I feel it's time to do my part to help promote our sport.

So I'm releasing Bullseye Match, a free app which runs on Android, iOS and Windows. It looks and runs nearly identically on all three, with only small feature differences depending on platform. I truly hope everyone can run it, and enjoy it.

As of today, the Android, iOS and Windows versions are up and available on the app stores, in all markets worldwide.

Click: Links to store downloads for all platforms

Feel free to discuss here! I'm looking forward to hear what you all have to say about it, and suggest for its future.

The web page has a lot more information, including usage guide, privacy policy, history and device/OS requirements etc. Here's the pitch from bullseyematch.app

Bullseye Match performs the range officer operations for a course of Precision Pistol. It plays Prep, Slow fire, Timed and Rapid fire range calls for a "300" Gallery or full "600" or "900" Aggregate relay. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for shooters. It can be used for training, timing, or to run an entire match.

Tapping the target plays each string, and the match moves forward automatically. The calls play with regulation timing, followed by the start signal. It counts down the time, plays the stop signal and closing calls, then advances to the next round. If you finish early, tap the target to finish or cancel the round. Another tap begins the next relay, until all stages are fired.

Buttons indicating the upcoming round can be used to skip, replay or change the sequence manually. The buttons will slide to display the match clearly and make selection easy. Timer functions are available for self-timing, drills, and match preparation.

The app also provides a scoring calculator for B2, B3, B6, B8 and B16 targets, with ring scores, X count and Alibi corrections. It can capture photographs of scored targets, watermarking them with the date, time and any scoring information.

All types of audio are supported, including bluetooth, and mixed with any other streams, so it can be used while listening to other audio, if desired. Selfie-type clickers for remote control work too, great for use in club matches!

Target turning can also be controlled from the app. The PTTC Personal Target Turning Controller from Freedom Technologies is supported, initially.

And:

Bullseye Match is FREE and without ads.

We hope you enjoy using it, which was developed with the team at Riverside Gun Club. The author enjoys sharing it with the bullseye community everywhere. Please use it to support bullseye shooting activities!

Last edited by -TT- on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Steve Brown, Aprilian, TonyH and lakemurrayman like this post

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by Packeagle Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:58 pm

My department team suspends shooting for the winter months. That would be great!

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 Empty Re: Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows

Post by SaraiEsq Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:10 pm

Packeagle wrote:My department team suspends shooting for the winter months. That would be great!

@smdial is running a virtual NMC league right now and we use this app.  See the match announcement section for more info.  Come join us.
SaraiEsq
SaraiEsq

RodJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Packeagle Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:12 pm

SaraiEsq wrote:
Packeagle wrote:My department team suspends shooting for the winter months. That would be great!

@smdial is running a virtual NMC league right now and we use this app.  See the match announcement section for more info.  Come join us.

Thanks for the invite. I shoot a winter indoor league utilizing the gallery course.

Packeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:21 pm

New to the app.

Is it possible to control multiple targets using TenX turners?

If so, how? (Using a 2021 iPad)

I browsed all seven pages of this thread and didn't have anything pop out at me.

Thanks
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:38 pm

No, but the TenX has an option that allows you to wire them together and they'll all turn at once. Give them a shout.

There's a practical reason why the app can't do this, btw. The TenX and other turners all create their own WiFi network, with the same SSID and IP address. So only one "master" station can be deployed, and the app therefore can only make one connection.

Scott's working on a new version of his open source turner that allows one turner to control others, and the Shelly, which some clubs have used as a control unit with the app, has this same type of support in their newer software. Both of these use the wireless link to command each other, btw.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:19 pm

Thank You!!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:54 am

Packeagle wrote:Any plans to add the Camp Perry Course? Great app. A lot of great functionality.

I played around with this and here's a prototype. The settings menu actually has some minor readability issues when you set the phone's default fonts to large, and this gave me a chance to rearrange and improve the layout. I'll plan to include it in the next release, along with some other small features.

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 Screen11
-TT-
-TT-

Packeagle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:56 pm

New version 3.4 is released, downloads now in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Windows version still in review, hopefully soon.

A couple of new features, and some positive improvements to the layout and readability of settings and calculators.

If you use the Shot Drills, they are easier to adjust for time and repeat, and clearer about it as they're set.

• Add "Camp Perry" course
• Add announcements to match preparation
• Improve pages: settings, drill, quick calculator

-TT-
-TT-

Foundryratjim likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:53 am

New update to version 3.5, build 150. Several important stability-related fixes, and some new features:

• NEW range officer "match mode"
  • Enhanced pause/resume/refire controls
  • Additional target turning adjustments
  • Fix/improve:
  • Remote control
  • Audio initialization
  • Camera compatibility
  • Quick Calculator
  • Stability improvements

The new "match mode" and target turning adjustments are in response to input from range officers who use the app to run formal matches. By default, the app advances automatically when each stage is complete, turning the target if enabled. In a true match, this needs to be under control of the range officer, to allow for proper range protocols. The match mode setting will pause after each Slow, Timed 2 and Rapid 2 stage, and prompt to "refire" or "proceed". It's much improved over the previous behavior. Many thanks to Scott Dial for his suggestions and extensive testing!

Any issues, comments, concerns, etc - post them here or use the feedback link in the app's "About" page. and thanks for everyone's support in helping me improve the app!

-TT-
-TT-

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DK Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:25 pm

Our club uses your Bullseye Match app in conjunction with Scott’s target controller and they make a great combo. Thanks to both of you for your fine efforts in bringing this technology to the bullseye community.

DK

smdial and samtoast like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:41 pm

best build yet, Tom. Thank you!  Love the Match mode!

smdial

http://indy1800.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:17 pm

Excellent!!!  I'll join the group of people thanking you!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:41 am

Thanks from my temporary location in Port Aransas, Texas! It’s a great app and a wonderful gift to the community. Thank you!

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 57a3da10

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:43 am

RodJ wrote:Thanks from my temporary location in Port Aransas, Texas! It’s a great app and a wonderful gift to the community. Thank you!

Bullseye Match - free app for Android, iOS and Windows - Page 7 57a3da10

What kind of a place is that? I don't see any target stands or benches!

Great App Tom, Thank you very much!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:45 am

Top secret location. Eyes only!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by paulj Sat May 06, 2023 9:15 pm

I'm thinking about using the app and interfacing it with the antiquated turning targets at our club.  Can I likely do this using Shelly relay modules?  In simple terms, what would I need to interface the app with the Shelly modules?

paulj

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Sat May 13, 2023 9:01 am

Hi, been away a week and just saw this, sorry for the delay.

A number of users have hooked up to a Shelly, they're inexpensive and very flexible, but they are definitely "some assembly required". It all depends on your range's setup and your skills.

In theory, you won't need any extra hardware between the Shelly and your existing range system, but there aren't any cookbook ways to promise this. If your range has a simple on/off low voltage input, it's very easy and a Shelly1 might work. If it's a two-way momentary reversing valve, that will require a Shelly2.5 and be more challenging. You'll need to track down the control wiring, hook it up to one or more Shelly relays, and use the Shelly commands to control them by using my app's "Custom" turning setting. Easy peasy Smile Do you have any club members who can help?

https://www.shelly.cloud
  https://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/gen1/#shelly1-1pm-relay-0

Scott's system might also help solve this, his is a ready-to-go turning controller and could be considerably easier to set up, if it meets your relay control needs.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20293-turning-target-system-for-indoor-outdoor-motor-pneumatic-or-linear-actuator-use
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial Sat May 13, 2023 10:39 am

Thanks Tom, yes my system can accept both mechanical or solid state relays out of the box. The relay can be sent with it.  No configuration necessary. Just wire into the relay.

smdial

http://indy1800.org

Back to top Go down

Post by paulj Sat May 13, 2023 4:07 pm

Interfacing the Shelly relay modules to the target system is the easy part for me.  I was looking for some direction with regard to interfacing the app with the Shelly modules.  I think that I need a wifi network for the phone app to send commands to the Shelly modules and I probably have to do something with the Shelly modules to make them recognize the commands from the app.  Is this generally correct?

paulj

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Sat May 13, 2023 4:56 pm

The Shelly can be deployed standalone, it will create its own WiFi network and start broadcasting its SSID (Scott's device works similarly, along with the TenX Trainer, PTTC, etc). You then connect your iPhone, Android or Windows machine to that network and it's ready to go. Here's a page for deploying the (simplest) Shelly1:

https://kb.shelly.cloud/knowledge-base/shelly-1

Then, you wire up your valve actuators and decide what state the relays need to be to "face" and "edge". These become Shelly commands which you issue by accessing specially formatted URLs. You can test with a browser. The Shelly1 doc link for that is in my previous message. If your setup is complex, you'll need to think this through, but for an on/off (SPST) control, it might be just relay on / relay off, which is super-simple.

At that point configuring the app is the last step. The default Shelly address is 192.168.33.1, so assuming you wire "face" to be off as default and "edge" to be on, go into the app's settings, Turner, and set it to "Custom", then you're prompted for the two commands. In this case you'd enter:

Face:  http://192.168.33.1/relay/0/off
Edge:  http://192.168.33.1/relay/0/on

And Bob's your uncle. More thought needed for more complex situations or Shelly2.5, etc, but this should get you started. Feel free to post if you need more.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by paulj Sat May 13, 2023 6:18 pm

Thanks, that's enough to get me started.  I'll order up a couple of the Shelly devices to play with.

paulj

-TT- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:55 am

New update in all three app stores as of last night:

• 3.6 build 153 - 31 July 2023
    • Restore missing introduction audio
    • Correct screen layout conflicts and a settings error
    • Target turning fixes, add Shelly SPST option
    • Updated build to latest OS build targets, tools and libraries

-TT-
-TT-

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7