Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP

Go down

WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP Empty WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP

Post by Oleg G Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 am

Looking for the Lyman (or other brand) M Die for .45 ACP. All online sources, including Lyman list this die on backorder only.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP Empty Re: WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP

Post by spursnguns Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 am

Hello Oleg G,

Go with the Rolls Royce.  Purchase....

https://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/single-stage-powder-die-kit.html

with

https://www.photoescapeinc.com/products/45htc-ptu.html

They are both in stock.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP Empty Re: WTB: Expander M Die (Lyman or other) .45 ACP

Post by Oleg G Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Thanks, Jim!

Alex was doing his best to talk me out of buying his parts because they are expensive for my needs! Smile
But I may have to go that route.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Hello Oleg,

Yet, superior in quality.

Do it.  We only live once.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm

I know that my parts are good.  I didn't know that they are sooooooo good!  Smile 

Thank you, Jim!

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape

Steve B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Lyman shows the M die in stock. At least it goes in my cart with no warning, even qty 2.

Another possible option is the Lyman multi expand charge die (7767901). Natchez has it. But I have no idea what the dimensions of the expanders are, and Lyman has no info on it. Looks like they may have replaced it with a taller version, but there's no info on that either (7767905).

Redding makes expanders that 'look' like an M die, with the extra larger section below the flare. But they're rather small in diameter, intended for jacketed bullets. The standard model is a tiny bit larger (.4495) than the deluxe TiN coated one, with my samples.

I'll put in a plug for the PE die as well. Makes seating cast bullets so much nicer. And some or all of the pieces are still usable if you upgrade equipment down the road.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:06 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:I know that my parts are good.  I didn't know that they are sooooooo good!  Smile 

Thank you, Jim!

AP
They're pretty darned good, soooo good.  Just 4 O's though.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Thanks, Steve.

Earlier today, it was on backorder... I will buy now.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Steve, thanks for your tip - I ordered the Lyman die and received a confirmation from them that the die is indeed in stock.

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:50 pm

When you get the die and take it apart to clean it put a drop of blue loctite on the 2 piece stem because it will come loose over time
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Thanks, James - I will do just that.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum