Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye shooters are not alone!

+2
pgg
mpolans
6 posters

Go down

Bullseye shooters are not alone! Empty Bullseye shooters are not alone!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:39 am

Seems that it is not just some Bullseye shooters who can be totally anal about reloading 45ACP. I came across this accolade on the Starline Brass website:-
======================================================
Brian Randall
Loganville, Georgia
January 27, 2019

I bought Starline 45ACP brass to shoot in the Single Stack Nationals. I got, roll sized, die sized it, trimmed and chamfered the case mouths inside and out, and finished by chamfering the flash holes. Wet polished and loaded. I was shooting Black Bullet"s 200 Gr SWC. I weighed 2000 bullets and settled on the bullets between 201-202 grains. This to give a PF cushion. Most would say "WHY WOULD YOU DO ALL OF THIS". Well, my last chrono session gave me a standard deviation of 3! and at 25 yards my Sig Max Michel was shooting under 1" at 25 from a sand bag. I got to match and at the chrono stage these rounds duplicated my last result EXACTLY! This was wild because I did my work in GA, and the place in Illinois is a good bit different in temperature and elevation. Was this all due to the brass, I'd say no, but the consistency of the brass was definitely a contributing factor. I do this for all brass for major matches, but no other brand of brass has ever performed as well Starline did. If you truly want match ammo, buy the best brass and do the work.

Back to top Go down

Bullseye shooters are not alone! Empty Re: Bullseye shooters are not alone!

Post by mpolans Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Good grief, and that guy was doing in for USPSA targets with a huge A-zone that's generally shot at 7-25 yards!

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by pgg Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:54 pm

That guy may benefit from some medication.

pgg

Goose likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:10 am

Nice to see he won at the chronograph.

I did see that Chris Tilley is in the top 20 Open list (still).  Last time we talked he reloads on a Dillon with auto drive and standard Dillon equipment.  Just dumps the brass in the hopper.  Bought a bunch of VV310 from him a few years ago when he was doing some testing and wound up not needing it.   

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightfoot Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:46 am

I'm so glad I'm free from all that!  While I do tend to test more than some folks I know, I'm nowhere near that!  And if anyone needs accuracy, I'd say it would be me more than a uspsa shooter.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:12 am

Wow, he actually got S.D. and Accuracy to track? That is really rather rare, particularly at less than 50 yards for pistols or 250 yards for rifles.
Pistol/rifle and shooter is what really counts at short range.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 am

CR10X wrote:Nice to see he won at the chronograph.

CR

He only got 2nd in bullet weighing because he allowed a 1-grain variation.

Unfortunately, he finished dead last in the crimp sizing dept.  By God, he didn’t even mention it, which is grounds for a disqualification.  If that crimp size doesn’t have four digits after the decimal, you really aren’t trying. Laughing

All in good fun, but Cecil nailed it.  It is a shame that folks don’t obssess over their shooting technique as much as they do their ammo.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:49 am

I've never done any "run & gun" shooting, so I might be wrong about this, but it occurs to me that using such carefully prepared Starline brass must surely mean that he will want to go and retrieve every piece of it after each competition round. I bet that leads to some nasty confrontations - what a total PITA!

Frankly, the whole thing just beggars belief. Ho hum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down