Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what?

+10
James Hensler
mikemargolis
PhotoEscape
rkittine
CR10X
CrankyThunder
GME
lakemurrayman
james r chapman
Dcforman
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what? - Page 2 Empty Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what?

Post by Dcforman Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886940456

When nothing but the Best of the Best will do, and you want to take your collection to heights that only a handful of collectors will ever achieve, this incredible Pardini is for you!!! Needing absolutely no introduction, we offer today at a mere $.01 with no reserve this highly coveted Extremely Rare Pardini SP Bullseye, chambered in .22 Long Rifle!! These Italian made pistols are some of the and hardest to find semi-auto pistols to obtain here in the states as very few have been imported!! If you consider yourself to be a collector of the Rarest semi-auto handguns, your Collection will never be complete with out this Pardini SP!! This spectacular example remains in as new condition in which the many detailed photos will clearly show!!! This offering is complete with the original hard case, 2nd magazine, manual and tool as shown!!! Don't miss your chance to add this Pardini to your Collection!!! Best of Luck Gentlemen!!! 

Sorry, saw this and it made me chuckle. Didn't realize a current model pistol readily available for purchase in the US qualified as "Extremely Rare"!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what?

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:40 pm

And on top of it there is no warranty for this gun, nor there is a third magazine ($80 value).  I talked to Vladimir at length about, and my bid was in line with his suggestions.  I will be ordering new one this coming week from him! 

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini SP22 Bullseye... Ultra Rare? Uh, what?

Post by mikemargolis Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:42 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:And on top of it there is no warranty for this gun! 

AP
Curious why that would be?

Are you saying PUSA only warranties the gun for the original purchaser?

If so, that is a really bad practice.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 pm

mikemargolis wrote:
PhotoEscape wrote:And on top of it there is no warranty for this gun! 

AP
Are you saying PUSA only warranties the gun for the original purchaser?

Yes, that is how I understood.  If you have time, please contact PUSA and confirm.  I'd be interested in such confirmation.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:27 pm

IMHO. The bottom line on anything you buy off GunBroker (or eBay for that matter) is caveat emptor (Buyer Beware). Having said that I've bought many guns off GB and have never got a lemon. A few were not quite as nice in the flesh as I imagined, but I do not blame the vendors, just my impatience or lack of careful inspection / questions.

But, to pay close to 95% of list price for a readily available new gun does not seem to be a smart deal to me - OEM warranty transferable or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Shanks Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Something to consider FWIW. Does Pardini USA take trades. No. Maybe whoever bought it had a gun to consign to defer some or all of the cost. I really enjoyed all the speculation about this pistol. The grips are medium and it had less than 300 rounds through it. At any rate they got an as new gun for 400 off retail. I would say they got a good deal.

Two Shanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 pm

I stand corrected. It was a saving of $216 (shipping and CC charges appear to be equal), so the GB gun was 92% of the new price.

From the Pardini USA website:-
Pardini SP Bullseye, Champion Set MD2, Cal.22LR [SPBECS2] Available for: $2800

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886940456 went for $2,585

IMHO, that is not enough of a saving to justify taking the risk of buying a used gun off GB. But I accept that it looked pristine and therefore must have a very low round count (Two Shanks - were you the buyer or original owner? Or did you ask the GB vendor for details? No matter). And the UD had been mounted and so will save a little time getting it sighted in (but will have to be taken off if the gun is to be shipped in the OEM Pardini hard plastic case - AFAIK).

Hope that the buyer enjoys the gun and shoots it in Bullseye events - that is the most important thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Shanks Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:55 am

SPBE5. 2900 plus 45 bench fee for mounting scope. Yes the gun can be shipped with the scope mounted. A savings of 355 but only two mags. I probably would have bought a new one which I did but after a few bricks what does it matter this one had been shot but very little. Again Pardini does not take trades. You guys should be happy Your Pardini's hold their value. The gun is very accurate so yes the new owner will be happy with it. I wonder what it would have gone for if everyone was out of stock.                                                                                                     
The seller sold it because he wasn't crazy about the aluminum frame all the rubber parts and the glued in barrel. Got an AW 93.

Two Shanks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:03 am

Wonder if the purchaser or the original seller is a member on this forum?
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:47 pm

radjag wrote:I stand corrected. It was a saving of $216 (shipping and CC charges appear to be equal), so the GB gun was 92% of the new price.

From the Pardini USA website:-
Pardini SP Bullseye, Champion Set MD2, Cal.22LR [SPBECS2] Available for: $2800

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886940456 went for $2,585

IMHO, that is not enough of a saving to justify taking the risk of buying a used gun off GB. But I accept that it looked pristine and therefore must have a very low round count (Two Shanks - were you the buyer or original owner? Or did you ask the GB vendor for details? No matter). And the UD had been mounted and so will save a little time getting it sighted in (but will have to be taken off if the gun is to be shipped in the OEM Pardini hard plastic case - AFAIK).

Hope that the buyer enjoys the gun and shoots it in Bullseye events - that is the most important thing!
Don't forget the tax savings, if the buyer bought it before GB started charging it.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by GME Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:53 pm

mpolans wrote:
Don't forget the tax savings, if the buyer bought it before GB started charging it.

Depends on where the buyer lives.  I live in Washington State.  If the seller doesn't collect Washington Sale Tax, the receiving FFL in Washington is required to collect the equivalent of the sales tax in something like a personal property tax.  In other words, there is no legal way for a Washington resident to avoid the tax when buying from a gun dealer.  I suspect it's the same in other states.  

I believe there is an exception for non-dealer sales, but I don't know exactly how it works.  I've never purchased from an individual, so I've had no reason to research it.

GME

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBone Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Many folks mistakedly believe that the "sell" prices found on Gunbroker represent a particular firearms worth, when those prices in reality and more correctly only represent what someone was willing to pay for that particular firearm. This is because Gunbroker is after all, a firearm auction site.

I find the wording that some of these dealers use to describe their offerings downright amusing, but this type of spiel isn't just confined to firearms. I've played the piano for 57 years and own a very nice Yamaha C7D Conservatory Grand piano, and while perusing my local Craigslist ads for metalworking machinery and tools I like to sidetrack over to their Musical Instruments section just to see what's being offered in the way of pianos, and believe me, these piano salesman either swallowed a dictionary or were English majors because their BS just flows out of my computer monitor nearly every time I start reading a piano description - to the point of being downright comical.

My point is, that when fancy vernacular is used while describing an item it makes that item seem grander and greater in value than it actually is, to the untrained ear. And in today's climate where there are more people interested in firearms than there ever were before, most of whom are newcomers who know Jack squat about firearms, it's their naiveness and desire to become "one of us" that allows them to fall for what we as seasoned firearm owners clearly recognise as just plain BS!

DrewBone

lakemurrayman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2