Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamber And Bore Cleaner

5 posters

Go down

Chamber And Bore Cleaner Empty Chamber And Bore Cleaner

Post by Rick H. 12/26/2020, 9:53 am

Okay, so perhaps I have been asleep at the switch for a long time.  Messing around on a couple of websites today I came upon something called Big .45 Metal Cleaner.  Supposedly it has been around since about 1967 and is used to clean fouled barrels and rusty firearms in general.  It somewhat looks like a metal scrub pad and per the directions for cleaning a dirty/leaded barrel you remove a few strands from the pad and wrap them around a barrel brush and run it thru the barrel and VIOLA it's clean.  I know this sounds like using a Chore Boy Copper pad, but the catch here is that the Big .45 Metal Cleaner pad is not copper.  In fact it is a combination of three ferrous metal strands in one pad.  I find it hard to believe I haven't heard of this product before and I also find it hard to believe it is safe for use not only on the inside of a barrel, but also on the outside of a firearm as it reportedly will not harm bluing.  Has anyone ever used this product and if so how did it work?  Did it damage the firearm you used it on in any way?  Thanks for any replies on this in advance.....

Rick H.

Rick H.

Back to top Go down

Chamber And Bore Cleaner Empty Re: Chamber And Bore Cleaner

Post by whitez06 12/27/2020, 6:38 am

works for me

whitez06

Back to top Go down

Post by David R 12/27/2020, 7:43 am

Never used it.

https://www.big45metalcleaner.com/

David
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba Blaster 12/27/2020, 10:28 am

I've been using it for at least 10 years and have had no problems with this product. My match grade barrels still look brand new. A few passes and any leading is removed.

Bubba Blaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper 12/27/2020, 10:32 am

I've used Big 45 to remove surface rust off a shotgun years ago. It works great if you use a oil and don't rub real hard, then clean off and get all oil off. I used cold blue and it looked perfect. I also used it to remove heavy leading in revolvers before and it worked very well.
 I found what they alloy they use it's, alloy containing stainless steel, nickel silver, monel (a corrosion resistant nickel based alloy), and zinc.
 Stan

chopper

Bubba Blaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick H. 12/28/2020, 7:46 am

Thanks for the replies.  I am going to order some and give it a whirl.

Rick H.

Rick H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down