Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches

4 posters

Go down

Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches Empty Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches

Post by Rush223 Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 am

Are the grips that come on the new American Sig P210A Target acceptable for use in EIC matches. The CMP rules list the P210 series pistols as legal for service pistol but another section specifies no palm swell. If different grips are required what would be a recommended replacement.

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches Empty Re: Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches

Post by cdrt Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:36 pm

There was a discussion about this some time ago. Since it is on the approved list and comes with those grips, they are legal for just this pistol and no others. I guess they were used at Perry without anyone being disqualified.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches Empty Re: Sig Sauer P210A Target Grips for EIC Matches

Post by Rush223 Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Thanks. I have read several very long discussions about the P210A but had not found the answer to my guestion. I did find several grip manufactures by doing a short web search. Thanks for the help.

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 pm

While the Sig P210 series is listed in 4.1.4 Other Approved Service Pistols, the pistols must also comply with 4.1.1 and 4.1.2.

"Other Service Pistols listed in Table 3 below may be used in CMP Sanctioned Service Pistol Matches, provided they comply with Rules 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and have barrels no longer than 5.4 inches."

And of course 4.1.1 says "g) Pistols must have standard, symmetrical grips of wood or synthetic material with no palm swell or thumb rest. Weighted grips, metal grips and Pachmayr-style wrap-around grips are not permitted. The stock must be functionally identical for right or left-hand use."

So it looks like the standard Sig P210 grips should be substituted according to the CMP.  Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean they won't unless it's clarified ahead of time.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:09 pm

Muddy area. The P210A Target grips would seem to be questionable as per the latest CMP rules, however, when the rule was issued to include the P210A, the Standard model had yet to be released. The Standard model comes with flatter service-style (Hogue) grips. So...theoretically, the CMP approved that pistol with the Target grips. Now, the rules just state that the P210 Series is approved. Does that mean the factory P210A Target grips are approved? Hard to say. I own a Target model, and I bought a very nice set of service-style walnut grips from Grips4U.net, mainly because the factory Target grips were too large for my hand. That's about all I can say.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down