Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol

+3
Outthere
Wobbley
bdrake
7 posters

Go down

Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol Empty Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol

Post by bdrake Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:17 pm

https://youtu.be/eITc0e066k4

Something tells me that their video shows their idea of "match-grade" is geared towards the "action-shooting" disciplines versus an actual Bullseye pistol.

Bruce

bdrake

Back to top Go down

Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol Empty Re: Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol

Post by Wobbley Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Well, it is just a 22... and it might do well enough to get people IN the sport?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol Empty Re: Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol

Post by Outthere Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:14 pm

"Match-grade" Taurus. Now that's funny.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBone Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 pm

Wobbley wrote:Well, it is just a 22... and it might do well enough to get people IN the sport?

You hit the nail on the head. Most folks wouldn't associate Taurus with competition, but if an affordable (MSRP $484.85) pistol like this new offering from Taurus could help spread interest in the competition/target shooting sports, that's a good thing for us all.

I own a Taurus TX22 and it has never failed to function, comes standard with a threaded barrel for a suppressor, along with two 16 round magazines; I paid $250 plus $11.87 (NC sales) tax for mine, which equals $261.87 total. When compared to the Glock G44 at a price of $359.99 with two 10 round mags, and the additional cost of $159.99 for a threaded barrel, you're at $519.98 plus $24.69 tax, for a total of $544.67.

$544.67 - $261.87 ='s a savings of $282.80 when purchasing the Taurus TX22 over the Glock G44.

And that was a no brainer for me  Wink
Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol S0NHgYH

DrewBone

bdrake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taurus introduces a new "match-grade" 22LR pistol Empty Taurus is good

Post by hammerli Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:27 am

Wobbley wrote:Well, it is just a 22... and it might do well enough to get people IN the sport?
I recall in the 80's Taurus made t Match Revolver in .32 S&W l and .38 spl and they had very good accuracy and a fine trigger. I know shooters who shot great scores in ISSF Centre Fire pistol matches. Hammerli in Switzrrland were their selling agents.

hammerli

bdrake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bdrake Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Hey!  I'm not saying Taurus doesn't put out a good product occasionally.  I started shooting Bullseye with a S&W M22A and a Taurus 99AF.  Both were good enough to get me into the game.  Perhaps this will be the same.

Bruce

bdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by djhoran Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm

I agree with DrewBone about the TX22. I have one and my nephew has one. I am super impressed with the reliability, accuracy, and feel of these inexpensive guns. These are not intended for conventional bullseye but work great for plinking, steel challenge and low-cost practice speed drawing and hitting steel. Our TX22's eat just about any ammo we feed them. They are a hoot to shoot suppressed as well.

djhoran

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:39 am

Does not have a fixed barrel? I looked at , I am thinking you would better off with a Victory or Browning.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by djhoran Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 pm

The gun is intended to fill a different niche than some of the others mentioned. I use mine mainly for practice drawing and hitting steel challenge plates. The trigger is much more like other striker fired centerfire guns than the triggers on Smith Victory or Buckmark or High Standard or 1911's. For single stack steel challenge division I practice with a Kimber 22 conversion unit on a Rock Island frame which provides all the accuracy I need for this game. I wouldn't use either of these 22's for bullseye any more than I would use my Victory. I do shoot PPC with a Smith Victory with a red dot since it is accurate enough and very reliable. Our PPC matches only go out to 25 yards.
I see the TX22 as a perfect practice gun/first gun for many individuals. Their second gun is very likely to be a Glock, XD/XDM or a Smith M&P in 9mm. Many of these individuals will never own more than 2 handguns at a time.

djhoran

bdrake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down