Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't over look this pistol

Go down

Don't over look this pistol Empty Don't over look this pistol

Post by smsnyder 1/26/2021, 2:41 pm

Don't over look this pistol 20210118Don't over look this pistol 20210118

smsnyder

Underwaydayz and C7@71 like this post

Back to top Go down

Don't over look this pistol Empty Re: Don't over look this pistol

Post by smsnyder 1/26/2021, 2:49 pm

Its a Stoeger STR-9  9MM  $325. 5 year warranty. I usually don't like Stoeger products but I like this one. Great workmenship. It is almost exact copy of the Glock 19. Same takedown as a Glock. The slide even fits on a Glock.  Good trigger, over size trigger guard for gloves, good sights all steel. Not plastic like Glock. The back and front slide serrations are deep and  the best.  Grooves in the top of the  slide front and back to change out sights if you want. They even make an optic ready model.  Shot 100 rounds today and very accurate. No malfunctions. I was impressed. Great low budget carry pistol.

smsnyder

Underwaydayz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 1/27/2021, 7:30 pm

I lost my inner struggle to not comment on this post. So to get this straight. The neat thing this pistol has going for it is that it almost identical to a Glock? Don't over look this pistol 1883569342
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by C7@71 1/27/2021, 7:43 pm

Looking at your credentials and status, I will respond from two sides...

First, my metallurgist shooting buddy would whole heartedly agree with you as he does NOT like the following...  Polymer or plastic weapons and striker fired weapons. 

Second, my coach, who has esteemed National and CMP titles and is a “master” got bored with his custom 45’s and Pardini’s.  He souped up a Model 34 and kept the other one stock. He can easily hold 2” groups at 25 yards.  He competed a few years ago at the GSSF event at Perry and outclassed most of the professionals or the elite. 

I liked my M17 and was getting used to the 34.  However, along came a SA RO 45 and I was hooked on Hammer.  Also have a souped up CZ Shadow 2.  Striker fire for accuracy is something I shall never master. However, I would not turn down a M19, even though I love my Ruger SR9C.

The debate will rage....

C7@71

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring 1/27/2021, 8:24 pm

It looks very much like a Taurus  PT111 Millennium G2 9MM which in my opinion is a great carry gun. Looks as if it has a longer barrel than the Taurus.
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 1/27/2021, 8:38 pm

Shot it today withy 3 different types of ammo. This pistol shoots flawless with no malfunctions. Pretty accurate also. A bargain AT $325. The barrel is a shade over 4 inch.

smsnyder

8eightring likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 1/27/2021, 9:25 pm

1) 2 inches at 25 yards is not Bullseye Accurate, as they say you can clean with M1911 using rocks as bullet heads. 

2) While I plan on "accurizing" a M2 PPQ, I am under no illusions that it can compete with a good M9 or 9mm 1911. A Sam's Baretta or Accuracy X which can group under 2 inches at 50 yards. 

3) While 9mm shoot flatter than 45acp , a 2 inch gun can easily be 4 or 5 inches at 50 yards and with a 9mm the load that groups at 25 yards can tumble at 50 yards. A load that groups at 50 yards could be too hot at 25 yards. 

4) Glock 34 is a 6 inch barrel , A KKM barrel from a fixture can hold 0.75 inches at 20 yards. See : https://www.recoilweb.com/aftermarket-glock-barrel-testing-127282.html. However, in a gun from a ransom rest it would take one hell of a pistol smith to make that barrel hold less than 4 inches in a real gun. 

5) I like the idea of "Accurizing" Polymer guns for BE because it could be affordable and since people have them it is a way to grow our sport. But after exhaustive research, I concluded the best polymer guns to do this with are the PPQ, the XDM, and the G34. 

The G34 because KKM makes a barrel and there are decent after market trigger for the gun. 
The XDM Comp because the sights are nice , and the AMU did all the R&D to let us know how to do Accurize them. The PPQ because Jarvis makes a NM Grade Barrel , the gun points better than a Glock and the stock trigger can be made #4 with a $10 spring. 

I was unimpressed CZ P10 the trigger is not as good as the hype. The P9 could be good but the trigger is too light for Service Pistol and there is no easy fix but by all accounts it can be BE Accurate with a little hood welding and fitting. 

If the NRA did not have its head up its ass they should introduce a separate Polymer gun distinction just like they have metallic cards.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 1/27/2021, 9:44 pm

If you’re shooting ‘socially”  at 50 yards, you’d better have a good lawyer or a preponderance that you had no choice.
Wobbley
Wobbley

8eightring and Motophotog7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum