Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight

3 posters

Go down

SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight Empty SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight

Post by Bill Treanor Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:00 pm

I'm focusing on 2700's and the .22 EIC these days and don't shoot DR matches much anymore so this needs to find a new home. This 586 (no dash) is quite accurate and has been a great revolver for me. I used it to leg out back in 2013. I also used it to win the DR match at the Pre-Perry Canton regional in 2012 (I think that was the year). The 586 with the patridge front sight is hard to find. I think it gives a much better sight picture than the ramp. The adjustable rear sight is plain and doesn't have the white outline.

I tested each chamber with my Ransom Rest and found one that was a little more accurate. I marked this chamber with a gold colored Sharpie and used it for the long line. 

This is in overall VG condition and everything is tight. The single action trigger pull is right at 2 lbs. 14 oz. according to my electronic scale. This gun has seen some use and wear. The backstrap, the bottom of the trigger guard, and the front of the frame have lost some of the bluing. There's a little wear to the bluing on both sides of the barrel near the muzzle, too. The top edge of the front sight is not quite 100% level but it was never an issue for me. I'm sure that it could be fixed pretty easily if you wanted to.  

I tried to show everything in the pictures but please feel free to ask any questions. This comes with the Pachmayr grips shown in the picture but not the original grips. I don't have the box, either. I'd like to get 
SPF $650 plus shipping to your FFL for this revolver. I'll include a copy of my DL for your FFL's record. If you want me to have my FFL send it (and he can ship to CA unlike me), there will be an additional charge. Thanks for looking!

SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6929 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6930 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6931 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6932 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6933 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6934 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6935 SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight IMG-6936

Last edited by Bill Treanor on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Treanor

Back to top Go down

SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight Empty Re: SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight

Post by bmize1 Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 pm

I’ll take it.
Pm on the way

bmize1

Back to top Go down

SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight Empty Re: SPF- S&W 586 with 6" barrel and patridge front sight

Post by John Dervis Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:30 pm

That looks like a nice revolver.  I’ll be second in line if your deal falls through.  

Take care.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum