Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trijicon SRO

Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Trijicon SRO

Post by rich.tullo Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:30 am

Anyone try this it is expensive buy I like the round panel.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty I have the Trijicon SRO

Post by CrankyThunder Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 am

I have it mounted on my Pardini and I really like it.  

I got it because I looked through it at a local gun store and it had the best roundest dot without any flair that I could see.  Other tube style dots were starting to "Star" and I was having problems figuring out where the center of the dot was.  

I have had it a little more then two years and do not want to change.  

Pros:

Nice uncluttered sight picture, no battery housings or adjustment turrets to complicate view.  
Very "pure" round dot.
I got the 5 MOA dot and I really like the larger dot, about the same size as the 4 MOA dot on the ultra dot.  
As best that I can tell there is no magnification plus or minus on this sight.  I figure there is only one lens to screw up the dot as opposed to three on a tube sight. 
It is definitely lighter weight then most tube style sights and has less effect on the balance of the pistol.  
Less cross section area to catch wind at Camp Perry.  


Cons: 

push buttons are a bit difficult to operate, usually takes four or five "pushes" to increase light intensity one level. I guess you could leave it on all the time because the battery life is almost forever and it has auto shut off auto turn on but I turn it off out of habit after shooting
it has 10 brightness adjustments, wish it had twenty because it usually is either too dim or to bright but then I have this complaint about every red dot.  
elevation and windage adjustments are not clicks, just friction.  although I rarely shoot at 50 yards, the elevation seams like it is repeatable.  
took a short time to get used to finding the dot.  Made me concentrate on my hold and grip to get the same grip all the time.  When I let other people shoot it, they have problems "finding the dot" because you do not have the frame of the tube sight to get the alignment correct.  Now I figure that I grip the pistol the same time each and every time and it does not bother me, actually do not notice it at all.  
Since I cannot see my iron sights at all, I have not removed and replaced it to see if zero is still the same.  

For what it is worth, I removed a Aimpoint H1 4 moa dot off my pardini and put the Trijicon SRO on it.  Still have the Aimpoint in case I decide that I do not want the SRO but I am very happy with the SRO.  Clamped right on the Pardini's rail with the picatinny mount.  Still using the original battery too.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 366
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 61
Location : The ugly side of Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

MarkOue likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by David R Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:09 pm

I have 2.  One on my Dan Wesson PM-9 and one on my Gold cup.    The slides are milled on both.    I think this is the best red dot.   I have the 5 MOA on the PM-9 and smaller (2.5?) one on my gold cup.   I like the 5 MOA much better.     Most of my guns have dot sights.  The tube is easier for a beginner to use, but once you get used to it, any dot works just fine.  I never loose the dot or have trouble acquiring it.   This has nothing to do with being an SRO, I have been shooting dots for a few years.    I was out of the bullseye game until a friend gave me an OLD pro point and I stuck it on my 45.    

The SRO has 8 settings and 2 are for night vision.   It has automatic adjust and will shut off automatically if set that way.    Battery is claimed to last 3 years.     I have not changed one yet.   Battery is on top, so you do not have to remove the sight to change it.    

I have  a few guns with Burris Fast Fire III.   They are good too, but not near as nice as the SRO.

Doug milled my slide for the SRO,  No adapter plate, he just milled it flat and drilled it for the screws.   There is just barely room for the screws.   Its a perfect job.   

Buy it, enjoy it.

David
David R
David R

Posts : 376
Join date : 2018-12-10
Age : 60
Location : Hamlin NY

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by rich.tullo Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:23 am

How does it do at 50 yards? I am concerned about reflex and holding zero using CF Calibers.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by JNW1 Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:49 pm

I have an SRO, DPP, Vortex Venom and several MatchDots.  I prefer the SRO over all the others I have.  Big, clear window; crisp dot; Trijicon reputation which seems to be true for this model as well.  I am about to sell my Vortex and Match Dot optics and replace them with more SROs.
Jeff

JNW1

Posts : 84
Join date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by David R Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Adjustments are fine for me.  
As repeatable as my Bo-mar.
David
David R
David R

Posts : 376
Join date : 2018-12-10
Age : 60
Location : Hamlin NY

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by Tripscape Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 pm

Alsolook at Sig Romeo 3 Max (round panel) or XL (more squarish panel). They are direct competition with SRO, offer bigger window and the glass has almost no tint. I tried 3XL on open gun in 6 moa, which looks smaller to my eye and closed to 4 moa. It was very nice. Dot was perfect and good saturation. Link for Sig to SRO comparison below:

 https://youtu.be/n5h5M6sL8MA


Last edited by Tripscape on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tripscape

Posts : 263
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by Tripscape Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Look at what I found. I would never guess that CMORE is nearly the size of SRO and Sig Max
Trijicon SRO Screen13

Tripscape

Posts : 263
Join date : 2019-03-23

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by lablover Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 am

CrankyThunder wrote:I have it mounted on my Pardini and I really like it.  

I got it because I looked through it at a local gun store and it had the best roundest dot without any flair that I could see.  Other tube style dots were starting to "Star" and I was having problems figuring out where the center of the dot was.  

I have had it a little more then two years and do not want to change.  

Pros:

Nice uncluttered sight picture, no battery housings or adjustment turrets to complicate view.  
Very "pure" round dot.
I got the 5 MOA dot and I really like the larger dot, about the same size as the 4 MOA dot on the ultra dot.  
As best that I can tell there is no magnification plus or minus on this sight.  I figure there is only one lens to screw up the dot as opposed to three on a tube sight. 
It is definitely lighter weight then most tube style sights and has less effect on the balance of the pistol.  
Less cross section area to catch wind at Camp Perry.  


Cons: 

push buttons are a bit difficult to operate, usually takes four or five "pushes" to increase light intensity one level. I guess you could leave it on all the time because the battery life is almost forever and it has auto shut off auto turn on but I turn it off out of habit after shooting
it has 10 brightness adjustments, wish it had twenty because it usually is either too dim or to bright but then I have this complaint about every red dot.  
elevation and windage adjustments are not clicks, just friction.  although I rarely shoot at 50 yards, the elevation seams like it is repeatable.  
took a short time to get used to finding the dot.  Made me concentrate on my hold and grip to get the same grip all the time.  When I let other people shoot it, they have problems "finding the dot" because you do not have the frame of the tube sight to get the alignment correct.  Now I figure that I grip the pistol the same time each and every time and it does not bother me, actually do not notice it at all.  
Since I cannot see my iron sights at all, I have not removed and replaced it to see if zero is still the same.  

For what it is worth, I removed a Aimpoint H1 4 moa dot off my pardini and put the Trijicon SRO on it.  Still have the Aimpoint in case I decide that I do not want the SRO but I am very happy with the SRO.  Clamped right on the Pardini's rail with the picatinny mount.  Still using the original battery too.  

Regards, 
Crankster
Can you post a pic of it mounted?....please
lablover
lablover

Posts : 1267
Join date : 2015-07-30
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by rich.tullo Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:36 pm

The Cmore RTS looks good as well anyone ever try them for BE? 

I have a venom I am going to mount on my PPQ Project gun and I guess I will see how that works.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by Tripscape Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:42 pm

Venom is an awesome reliable horse! Small, but big window,perfect dot, clear glass, good adjustments, holds zero forever. Lifetime warranty that actually works, but you will probably never need one. 

RTS I hear very mixed reviews, too many people have problems. Google "RTS Brian Enos forums" for USPSA applications.

Tripscape

Posts : 263
Join date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by CrankyThunder Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:09 am

rich.tullo wrote:The Cmore RTS looks good as well anyone ever try them for BE? 

I have a venom I am going to mount on my PPQ Project gun and I guess I will see how that works.
I purchased the C more RTS and the dot was too bright for indoor competition.  They offered to exchange it but I sent it back and bought the SRO instead.  When I contacted C more and spoke to the company representative they seamed surprised that anybody was using their sights indoors.  I also have a C More railway sight and it is too bright as well for indoor shooting.  Awesome for outdoors but unusable for indoor ranges with the reduced ambient light.
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 366
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 61
Location : The ugly side of Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by CrankyThunder Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:12 am

lablover wrote:
CrankyThunder wrote:I have it mounted on my Pardini and I really like it.  

I got it because I looked through it at a local gun store and it had the best roundest dot without any flair that I could see.  Other tube style dots were starting to "Star" and I was having problems figuring out where the center of the dot was.  

I have had it a little more then two years and do not want to change.  

Pros:

Nice uncluttered sight picture, no battery housings or adjustment turrets to complicate view.  
Very "pure" round dot.
I got the 5 MOA dot and I really like the larger dot, about the same size as the 4 MOA dot on the ultra dot.  
As best that I can tell there is no magnification plus or minus on this sight.  I figure there is only one lens to screw up the dot as opposed to three on a tube sight. 
It is definitely lighter weight then most tube style sights and has less effect on the balance of the pistol.  
Less cross section area to catch wind at Camp Perry.  


Cons: 

push buttons are a bit difficult to operate, usually takes four or five "pushes" to increase light intensity one level. I guess you could leave it on all the time because the battery life is almost forever and it has auto shut off auto turn on but I turn it off out of habit after shooting
it has 10 brightness adjustments, wish it had twenty because it usually is either too dim or to bright but then I have this complaint about every red dot.  
elevation and windage adjustments are not clicks, just friction.  although I rarely shoot at 50 yards, the elevation seams like it is repeatable.  
took a short time to get used to finding the dot.  Made me concentrate on my hold and grip to get the same grip all the time.  When I let other people shoot it, they have problems "finding the dot" because you do not have the frame of the tube sight to get the alignment correct.  Now I figure that I grip the pistol the same time each and every time and it does not bother me, actually do not notice it at all.  
Since I cannot see my iron sights at all, I have not removed and replaced it to see if zero is still the same.  

For what it is worth, I removed a Aimpoint H1 4 moa dot off my pardini and put the Trijicon SRO on it.  Still have the Aimpoint in case I decide that I do not want the SRO but I am very happy with the SRO.  Clamped right on the Pardini's rail with the picatinny mount.  Still using the original battery too.  

Regards, 
Crankster
Can you post a pic of it mounted?....please



Hey lablover:  I am planning on being at Howell Monday night.  Comon by and you can try it out in person. 


CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Posts : 366
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 61
Location : The ugly side of Hell, Mi,,,,,,,,, Ann Arbor

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by rich.tullo Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:13 am

So I guess my plan of action is to try the venom then upgrade if this panel thing is something I can clean with.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Trijicon SRO Empty Re: Trijicon SRO

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum