Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELEY Range at Winters, Texas

3 posters

Go down

ELEY Range at Winters, Texas Empty ELEY Range at Winters, Texas

Post by REConley Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:28 am

https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/content/6-eley-range

Has any of you sent your match pistols to Eley for matching a specific lot # of match ammo to a specific pistol? 

As a group if anyone has an obsession with accuracy of pistols I am pretty sure it would be us (I). Smile

As I am going on 73 years old now, I not sure it would be worth it for me. None the less, here I am talking about it, which takes me back to the obsession with accuracy thing I have always had.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

ELEY Range at Winters, Texas Empty Re: ELEY Range at Winters, Texas

Post by bob finger Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:50 am

Do it if you wish.  No harm will come of it.   The ONLY thing is only Eley Tennex ($20+box) is tested at the facility.  I am assuming they can test handguns in their fixtures....don't know if they can/will or not.

I've had Dan test ammo for my tournament rifles, results were inconsistent.  I could find better lots myself by testing lots on my own.  That was well before the current ammo shortages....

To me using Eley red box in a handgun is a total waste of money.  None of us are accurate enough to see that big a difference.  bob

bob finger

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:00 am

Years ago, I actually found that my Hammerli 208s shot better groups at 50 yards with CCI Pistol Match than it did with Eley 10X. I was at a match where a top nationally ranked bullseye pistol competitor was shooting a Hammerli 208s. He said that his pistol shot best with the CCI ammo, too.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down