Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWS pistol match... Subsonic?

3 posters

Go down

RWS pistol match... Subsonic? Empty RWS pistol match... Subsonic?

Post by Dehumanizer Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Bought 1000 rounds of RWS pistol match and found out it is around 960 fps. After sighting in my sw22/volquartsen/tandemkross Frankenstein using blazers (yeah they are my favorite all around 22lr) I popped in the RWS and was around 4 inches low @ 50 yds. (I think that is 8 moa if it is @ 100 yrs). Not a big deal as I can sight in when I get done using the 600 Remington golds I currently shoot with and need to use these.

Question is... Are match grade usually subsonic? I find it strange these are. Do they have a reason for making them subsonic? Accuracy maybe?

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

RWS pistol match... Subsonic? Empty Muzzle velocity

Post by Richard Ashmore Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:32 pm

Dehumanizer wrote:

Question is... Are match grade usually subsonic? I find it strange these are. Do they have a reason for making them subsonic? Accuracy maybe?
Yes; avoiding trans-sonic flight before the target line is a big deal.  Having the shock wave pass the bullet would adversely affect accuracy.  Supersonic muzzle velocity from a pistol would require a pretty snappy round.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

RWS pistol match... Subsonic? Empty Re: RWS pistol match... Subsonic?

Post by Dehumanizer Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Man I learn new things in this sport every day. Sometimes 2 or 3. Thanks for being patient with a newbie. In my days of playing pool and asking questions on forums, those conversations, most of the time, would be quite different. Smile

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:43 pm

How long is the barrel on your SW22? Pistol Match is generally spec'd for a 4.5"-ish barrel. You may find it chrono's a little bit higher in a longer one.

4 inch drop at 50 yards seems a little more than expected. Where was the gun sighted in, 50 ft, 25 yd? In any case, it is what it is. There can be a lot of surprises. Good to experiment. A lot.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Sighted @ 50 yds with the blazers. I like to aim just above center @ 25 yds and on center @50 yds.

It is a 6.75 barrel.

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down